Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 13 RTLtd rear shock question

Had the bag and compressor replaced about 6 weeks ago. Fortunately, covered by extended warranty. Have noticed that almost every time I stop at a light I hear the compressor run for a short time. Is this normal with others or is there a potential for a small leak in the bag? I would figure that once in a while is fine but almost every time I stop at a light makes me question it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bump

Spyder Garage

Default Normal

This is normal according to others in the know. Although, I agree being able to set it and forget would be good. Mine is also scheduled for a compressor replacement and also covered by extended Best warranty (Thank goodness).

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

It is normal.
    The airbag is pumped up and deflated to keep a more or less constant ride height so road conditions and load can cause it to be active.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

To expound on Spydercodes explanation, when you apply the brakes, the bike will nose down in the front until you stop, then right itself. This causes the level sensor on the swing arm to change position. The harder you stop the more position change. The computer will initially "dump" air, then when stopped it will fill it back up to the original level.

It has always been my contention that BRP should write a subroutine in the software that would freeze the info coming from the ride sensor if the brake is pressed. Then when the speed sensors registers zero that would override the first command and allow it to "look" at the ride height again. This way, it would eliminate all of the dumping and airing back up that the bikes now do, causing premature pump failures. Just my .02 worth on it.