Spyder Garage

Default Fast Flasher Blinker Rate

I have been adding multiple TricLED lighting products to our 2014 RT Limited. After the first set to the saddlebags that involved adding turn signal lights I got the fast flasher blinker rate. So I followed bulletin 2014-8 and the rate was back to normal. The next set that I added to the front suspension again gae the fast rate. I've attempted to reset the rate following the same directions and it hasn't reset the rate. I've tried to multiple times.
    Guess their may be a limited how much additional resistamce can be added before the system cannot be programmed to handle it.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FAST FLASH

This is interesting, I also have a 2014 RT ... I have a LOT of extra LED's ( to many to list ) some putting out 8,000 lumen's. I haven't had a - fast flash - Yet........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Default LITES

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This is interesting, I also have a 2014 RT ... I have a LOT of extra LED's ( to many to list ) some putting out 8,000 lumen's. I haven't had a - fast flash - Yet........ Mike
    MIKE;
    IF YOU CONNECTED YOUR LITES DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY, 'FAST FLASH' WON'T HAPPEN... IF THEY ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPYD3R ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, THEN YOU ARE JUST A LUCKY GUY....
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HUH

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    MIKE;
    IF YOU CONNECTED YOUR LITES DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY, 'FAST FLASH' WON'T HAPPEN... IF THEY ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPYD3R ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, THEN YOU ARE JUST A LUCKY GUY....
    SPYD3R
    You made a large mental leap on this ....... The majority of my lights are on separate FUSED circuits .... some are connected to the system like the .... ADDITIONAL Signal lite flashers because you can't do it any other way ..... just sayin........Mike

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There's an easy fix for fast blinkers when additional loads are put on the turn signals (2014+ only).

1. Turn the ignition switch on.
    2. Press and hold the emergency flasher switch for a full 30 seconds. Theoretically you'll get an additional flash after 30 seconds but I've never seen.
    3. Enjoy your newly calibrated turn signals.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

That is exactly the procedure that I have been following but with no effect

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    There's an easy fix for fast blinkers when additional loads are put on the turn signals (2014+ only).

2. Press and hold the emergency flasher switch for a full 30 seconds. Theoretically you'll get an additional flash after 30 seconds but I've never seen.
    I wish this would work with my 2012 RT. Still cannot get use to the hyper flash. How can you stop it on a 2012?
    JW. Metro Atlanta. 2012 RT SE-5, TircLed mirror turn signals, run/turn saddlebag lights, ring of fire, and fender tip lights, ShowChrome backrest,chrome (wide) foot pegs, SpyderPops spyclops, A-arm LED's, JT's USB Port, Digital Voltmeter ( Ebay) and Performance Powersports Scoops.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rukpub View Post
    I wish this would work with my 2012 RT. Still cannot get use to the hyper flash. How can you stop it on a 2012?
    Disconnect the extra lights. Rewire them in using relays. If you only have a few extra lights you can add a resistor in series to reduce the power draw by the extra lights.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks CapeSpyder for posting Lamonster's video. I was not turning the turn signal on after sitting of the hazards. When I followed the sequence exactly it reprogrammed and the fast flasher blink rate is gone.��

So to complete the sequence of steps that worked for me:

1. Set ignition key to "ON".
    2. Press and hold the hazard button for 30 seconds.
    NOTE: The Cluster pilot lights will flash once quickly confirming the calibration has been successfully carried out. (I saw that at about 20 seconds)
    3. Release the Hazard button.
    4. Turn on either the right or left turn signal.
    5. Let it blink once and turn the Ignition to "OFF".

Repeat steps and in step 4 turn on the opposite turn signal.

And that's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Thank God!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pjweimer; 08-22-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Tried it several times. Right side blinks good. Left side hyperflash. I added a resistor but still no luck. Still looking to fix it.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT turn signal fixes

I am about to install spyderpops mirror turn signals on my 2011 RT (I am a new owner of a used 2011 RT)

Will I get the fast flash?
    Is it usable "fast" or will it confuse everybody?
    IS there any "fix" for a 2011 RT IF it goes to fast flash?
    Thanks
    a Noob

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post

Spyder Garage

Default Fast Flasher

I read this procedure last night on this site, for months my flashers have been on a mission,rushed straight to my garage, did the procedure, worked a treat, so easy, bet a dealer would have charged 50 bucks for that, Lamonster has a video about it, THANKS LAMONSTER
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    50$ GPS connected to oem loom
    Trunk & Frunk Liners and lights
    Frunk and dashboard power outlets
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    Turn signal LEDs in mirrors
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light
    Windscreen wiper/ baguette holder

If I wasn't so cleverI wouldn't need to be so good looking.
    2014 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I wish I would of known about this procedure when I added all my extra led turn signal lights from TricLed on my F3T. I had the hyper flash and fixed all the leds by adding 330 ohm 1/2 watt resistors to all the LED lights to fix the issue. Everything works fine for now, so I won't change anything.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    Thanks CapeSpyder for posting Lamonster's video. I was not turning the turn signal on after sitting of the hazards. When I followed the sequence exactly it reprogrammed and the fast flasher blink rate is gone.��

So to complete the sequence of steps that worked for me:

1. Set ignition key to "ON".
    2. Press and hold the hazard button for 30 seconds.
    NOTE: The Cluster pilot lights will flash once quickly confirming the calibration has been successfully carried out. (I saw that at about 20 seconds)
    3. Release the Hazard button.
    4. Turn on either the right or left turn signal.
    5. Let it blink once and turn the Ignition to "OFF".

Repeat steps and in step 4 turn on the opposite turn signal.

And that's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Thank God!
    That is EXACTLY how Lamont laid it out in his video...
    I had to use this procedure to keep my flashers from hyperventilating, and it worked perfectly!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Hyper flash

Follow the procedure except turn the engine on instead of just the ignition. I have had to do it about 5 or 6 times before it finally stopped all hyper flash. Once the dash lights flash turn the emergency flasher off. Turn on the left or right signal, let it flash once then turn the bike off. You may have to alternate between the left and right signal if you have to do it multiple times.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpacelySC View Post
    I am about to install spyderpops mirror turn signals on my 2011 RT (I am a new owner of a used 2011 RT)

Will I get the fast flash?
    Is it usable "fast" or will it confuse everybody?
    IS there any "fix" for a 2011 RT IF it goes to fast flash?
    Thanks
    a Noob
    I had Spyderpops install his run/turn/brake lights on my 2013 at Spyderfest last month and have the fast flash. I actually like it. It's different enough that it really makes the bike stand out from the rear. Rode back to Kentucky with a group of 5 othrs and most commented that they liked the lights.

Bob
    Old Crow

1960 Vespa 150
    1965 Bridgestone 175
    2003 Kawasaki 1600 Classic
    2010 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad
    2013 Spyder RT-S (Current ride)

Spyder Garage

Five plus years later, 330 ohm resister suggestion fixes mirror LED fast flash turn signal.
    2013 RT , White