Spyder Garage

Default New member question

Took a test drive on an RT today as a possible replacement for my Goldwing. I loved everything about it except for the whine from the rear possibly from the belt. Is this normal? The dealer said that they just uncrated the demo and really didn't do anything to it. Could it be an alignment issue with the belt?
    Thanks

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Spyder Web
    With proper belt alignment they should not whine.
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    Took a test drive on an RT today as a possible replacement for my Goldwing. I loved everything about it except for the whine from the rear possibly from the belt. Is this normal? The dealer said that they just uncrated the demo and really didn't do anything to it. Could it be an alignment issue with the belt?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    I thought so but wanted to check. Thanks

Spyder Garage

We came off Goldwings two years ago and would would never go back. Goldwings are great bikes but it reached the point I got tiered of fighting it fully loaded in parking lots and inclined areas. We go to places now we would never have tried on the Wing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbaucum View Post
    We came off Goldwings two years ago and would would never go back. Goldwings are great bikes but it reached the point I got tiered of fighting it fully loaded in parking lots and inclined areas. We go to places now we would never have tried on the Wing.
    We just got back to Massachusetts from a 5 week trip out west. With the load I almost dropped it twice when I had to stop quick on banked turns. I love the wing but if we are going to continue to do long trips something has to change. If I drop it and hurt myself it is one thing but if I hurt her it is a whole other ball game. I test drove a Harley trike and hated it and it would have cost $40,000 otd. I thought about triking the wing but I would still have a 7 year old bike with 60,000 miles. If I can find a dealer that will let me take a passenger on a test ride and if she likes it there will be a new RT-S SE6 in my garage.

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice...

You will not regret it for sure. If the dealers you find don't let you take a passenger have one of theirs give the wife a ryde so she can get a feel for it.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    The only whining that I hear on my bike... comes from the passenger!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Test Ride

Not sure where you are in Mass, but Souhegan Valley Motorsports in Milford, NH does allow passengers out on the test ride. My wife bought her Spyder there in 2011 after doing a test ride at an open house that they were having. They are closed on Sunday and Monday but will be open Tuesday morning at 9am. I had a Goldwing trike and I went to the Spyder after my wife bought her's as I was always taking her Spyder instead of my Goldwing trike.

Rick