Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Photo editor recommendations please

I use a Mac Book Air and I need an easy to use photo editor that does more than the app that comes with the computer. My photography background is all film and darkroom, so all the electronic editing stuff is really foreign to me. I usually just try to get it right at the time I shoot and then do minor tweaks afterward. But I'd like to do some more. In particular for now, I want to get a pic of my Spyder and then edit it so that everything that's not Spyder will be monochrome. I found an app that's for that specifically and only costs 99¢; but it only does that.
    Can anyone recommend an app for Mac that is easy to use/learn and doesn't cost a lot?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I had a darkroom in the 70's. I use photoshop elements now. If you have microsoft office, the photo editor in that is very convenient if not as versatile.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheDiver View Post
    I had a darkroom in the 70's. I use photoshop elements now. If you have microsoft office, the photo editor in that is very convenient if not as versatile.
    Thanks, but I'm using a Mac and don't have MS software.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I am on a PC, so some of these may not have a MAC version. For some editing I use a freeware called Irfanview. Not sure if it does masking and conversion of only certain areas, but it does have some pretty good stuff, including batch resizing, renaming, etc that works well for what I need. When I want to do some heavy duty stuff I use Photopaint from Corel, but intro pricing on that is a bit high for just hobby stuff. I seem to recall that they have some software just for photos that would probably be up to what you are looking for and they do support MACs. It might be worth you while to check them out.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Your choice of editing photos for a Mac:

http://www.techradar.com/us/how-to/s...vealed-1297354

I have a Mac; but, do all my editing on my p.c.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I Photo

You have iPhoto and Photos on your mac use them it's easy

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I use a Mac Book Air and I need an easy to use photo editor that does more than the app that comes with the computer. My photography background is all film and darkroom, so all the electronic editing stuff is really foreign to me. I usually just try to get it right at the time I shoot and then do minor tweaks afterward. But I'd like to do some more. In particular for now, I want to get a pic of my Spyder and then edit it so that everything that's not Spyder will be monochrome. I found an app that's for that specifically and only costs 99¢; but it only does that.
    Can anyone recommend an app for Mac that is easy to use/learn and doesn't cost a lot?

Spyder Garage

We use Adobe Elements on our Mac.