Spyder Garage

Default Dash Indicator/Warning lights

Today was a great day for a ride. I rode about 80 miles west and then turned and came back. About 30 miles West of home, there is a Starbucks (which I learned is illegal to pass by) All was well. When I left the shop, I got an engine light icon flashing on occasionally over the space where one usually sees Trip A, etc. And a flashing engine light on the dash right side 2nd light down. yellow. And I got an occasional Limp Home Mode Lighting ;the dash a few seconds and going away. The spyder was running smoothly so I sent on home. When I looked in the manual to find out 'what u p?' I could not find any reference as to the meaning of the light. Supposed to be p. 27 - 29 in the owners manual but not in mine.

Any thoughts? My local Spyder shop closed and won't maintain the Spyder so I'm forced to travel over 100 miles for service. Ride or trailer?
    Last edited by ricford; 10-28-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default a little more info

what year and type spyder ? I think you are riding the r-t , auto or clutch ?

Spyder Garage

Here's the list of what you describe from my operator's guide. My guide says BRP recommends having limp mode Spyder transported to dealer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Suggestion...

There is an app...spydercodes... well worth having with a wealth of information. Best tool to have when traveling.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Where in the manual is the chart that was provided? I KNEW someone would say 'transport to dealer.' I hated hearing that but most likely the smart idea. And just yesterday, I was thinking I had been lucky to never have had an issue with the bike. Curses! The problem with transport is U Haul does not have a trailer to transport Spyders. At least that I know of. I think it means I'll be buying a trailer that WILL work. But then, I've been anticipating doing that for a long time now, since my local dealer quit selling Spyders and though qualified, is not allowed to service them) so it's not a serious issue. I had already planned to do that, I just put it off and now..... It's just money. Thanks to all for the advice. I appreciate it.
    The Spyder is a 2014 RT Automatic
    Last edited by ricford; 10-29-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Question Battery connections

Please consider the battery terminals. A know problem on our 's.

Good luck,
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    Today was a great day for a ride. I rode about 80 miles west and then turned and came back. About 30 miles West of home, there is a Starbucks (which I learned is illegal to pass by) All was well. When I left the shop, I got an engine light icon flashing on occasionally over the space where one usually sees Trip A, etc. And a flashing engine light on the dash right side 2nd light down. yellow. And I got an occasional Limp Home Mode Lighting ;the dash a few seconds and going away. The spyder was running smoothly so I sent on home. When I looked in the manual to find out 'what u p?' I could not find any reference as to the meaning of the light. Supposed to be p. 27 - 29 in the owners manual but not in mine.

Any thoughts? My local Spyder shop closed and won't maintain the Spyder so I'm forced to travel over 100 miles for service. Ride or trailer?
    make sure your battery terminals are clean and tight,then open the fuse box and make sure all the fuses and relays are in their sockets tight. Then go to the trailer dealer and buy a nice 7x14 enclosed trailer,should run about $4500.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    make sure your battery terminals are clean and tight,then open the fuse box and make sure all the fuses and relays are in their sockets tight. Then go to the trailer dealer and buy a nice 7x14 enclosed trailer,should run about $4500.
    Thanks for the help. Am I to assume you'll be sending a certified check for $4,500 in the mail? I'll wait for it. The code by the way was easy to find, thanks to Bfromla. Push the two top buttons (eco and whatever that other one is and the turn signal cancellation button and the codes appear) Mine was P0340. The dealer said trailer it over, only 105 miles. Hence the need for that check...

(Actually, I have a good friend who just bought a 7 x 14 tandem axle trailer that I can use.... Loading is a b'atch. But that's in hand, my driveway has a slope that will allow the tailgate to be almost flat. (I'll leave it to the dealer to unload and when it's ready, will have a friend drive me over so will only need the trailer once. If I get it right. So, all's good. Again, thanks. And Brandon, thanks.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help. Am I to assume you'll be sending a certified check for $4,500 in the mail? I'll wait for it. The code by the way was easy to find, thanks to Bfromla. Push the two top buttons (eco and whatever that other one is and the turn signal cancellation button and the codes appear) Mine was P0340. The dealer said trailer it over, only 105 miles. Hence the need for that check...

(Actually, I have a good friend who just bought a 7 x 14 tandem axle trailer that I can use.... Loading is a b'atch. But that's in hand, my driveway has a slope that will allow the tailgate to be almost flat. (I'll leave it to the dealer to unload and when it's ready, will have a friend drive me over so will only need the trailer once. If I get it right. So, all's good. Again, thanks. And Brandon, thanks.
    Just don't try to hold your breath while you are waiting.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Where in the manual is the chart that was provided?...The Spyder is a 2014 RT Automatic
    The chart in Post #3 is pg. 145 of the 2014 operator's guide and the whole display is pg. 144-145.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Any update??

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I had my oil changed a iut 500 miles ago us it normal to have to add oil from time to time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I had my oil changed a iut 500 miles ago us it normal to have to add oil from time to time.
    Please start your own thread. You will get more and better quality answers to your question(s). Also you need to tell us about your Spyder. Year and model are extremely important.

2018 F3 LIMITED