Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 622 service and maintenance

I just bought a 2010 622 trailer for my 2015 RTL. Needs wiring harness change and lock bolt change out. Has about 800 miles on it. Anything else before a trip? Grease, etc...?

Ordered the wiring harness from dealer.

Any and all advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Great trailer. You are going to love it.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Did you get a manual with it? You probably should check and/or grease the wheel bearings before setting out on a trip. The manual tells you how to do it. If you don't have a manual, PM me with your Email & I will scan the pages & Email them to you. By the way, you're gonna love that trailer
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can get the manuals on the BRP site and download them..

As for the wheel bearings is a must..Found one of my bearings spinning on the axle..Its not suppose to do that.

What harness are you ordering?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just make sure that the grounding harness is part of the new wiring. If not, you will surely blow your trailer module. Since the trailer is a 2010 check to see if it has the water management kit. This was added to 11 and newer and was available for retrofit to the 2010. If it doesn't have it you will get your gear wet when opening the lid in rain.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 622 trailer

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Just make sure that the grounding harness is part of the new wiring. If not, you will surely blow your trailer module. Since the trailer is a 2010 check to see if it has the water management kit. This was added to 11 and newer and was available for retrofit to the 2010. If it doesn't have it you will get your gear wet when opening the lid in rain.

There are some small drain lines to the underneath of the trailer, not sure if that is the rain water management. It is raining now so will go look. No, no water management:-(

I got the dealer who put in the hitch and wiring module to order one. $110.00. I am hoping and assuming this will have the grounding wire and instructions.

I have a manual with it and saw the instructions for the wheel grease and will get to that before going.

The previous owner was going to cha age out the lock cylinder with no luck and has the back open. That will be a rainy Friday evening chore, I hope.

I saw a Youtube video on it and since it don't work now I can go too far backward.

Thanks All,
    Last edited by Duke-Blue; 08-19-2016 at 04:08 PM. Reason: mistake

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 622 trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Duke-Blue View Post
    There are some small drain lines to the underneath of the trailer, not sure if that is the rain water management. It is raining now so will go look. No, no water management:-(

I got the dealer who put in the hitch and wiring module to order one. $110.00. I am hoping and assuming this will have the grounding wire and instructions.

I have a manual with it and saw the instructions for the wheel grease and will get to that before going.

The previous owner was going to cha age out the lock cylinder with no luck and has the back open. That will be a rainy Friday evening chore, I hope.

I saw a Youtube video on it and since it don't work now I can go too far backward.

Thanks All,
    I ordered the water management part, greased the bearings and changed out the lock. What part number is the grounded harness for a 2015 RT square to 622 round? Will check on it.

Thanks,

Duke-Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It would be a whole lot cheaper to put your own square connector to fit in the newer Spyder than buying from BRP. JMO

Ground harness is separate and plugs on the under side of the trailer. YOu have to scrap or sand off the power coat to ground the trailer too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default adapter from oem to 4 wire

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    It would be a whole lot cheaper to put your own square connector to fit in the newer Spyder than buying from BRP. JMO

Ground harness is separate and plugs on the under side of the trailer. YOu have to scrap or sand off the power coat to ground the trailer too.
    I was just concerned about the grounding. I saw post on NAPA part but can I use it with a ground? I am somewhat handy but electrical issues... I have the OEM BRP hitch and wiring harness on the 2015.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Duke-Blue View Post
    I was just concerned about the grounding. I saw post on NAPA part but can I use it with a ground? I am somewhat handy but electrical issues... I have the OEM BRP hitch and wiring harness on the 2015.
    Yes it will be grounded. You are now running the ground hard wired once the ground kit is installed on the trailer.

Not sure about 40 bucks to update to square to BRP harness. Believe its a bit more than that.

Square connector can be bought thru amazon or Del City
    Last edited by trikermutha; 08-22-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just did the ground kit on my 2012 trailer. Should be good now. I just didn't like the the wheel bearing spinning on the axle when I had them apart.