Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

since I could not get super clamps anymore
    I started searching for an alternative
    I'm glade I did
    I found these
    Tow-Rax Removable Wheel Chock w/ Wood Screws - 6-1/2" Wide Tires - Tubular Steel - Chrome
    only $35 each
    plus 2 ratchet straps
    they work great
    Last edited by garb55; 08-26-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Mick, I'm the one who started the Rachet Strap thing..... so I know how much pressure is exerted by the strap ..... How exactly is that plug (?)( screw-in piece ) held to the trailer ( which looks to be an aluminum deck ?? )........Thanks Mike
    Mike, They are called bed bolts, or removable bedbolts. We purchased them from Tractor Supply Company (TSC). The base bolt size is about 3/4", mounted buy a locknut with large washers on both sides of our aluminum trailer. The eyebolt that unscrews is 1/2". We've had them on our trailer since 2011 when we purchased our first Spyder.

I could never get use too running a strap through the rim like I've seen some people do. When we purchases these, I believe working load was 1200 pounds, and breaking strength was 3000 pounds. Now the only one's I can find are 800, and 2400.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    since I could not get super clamps anymore
    I started searching for an alternative
    I'm glade I did
    I found these
    Tow-Rax Removable Wheel Chock w/ Wood Screws - 6-1/2" Wide Tires - Tubular Steel - Chrome
    only $35 each
    plus 2 ratchet straps
    they work great
    I have those on my trailer. They have been on it since I purchased it in 2011. Only bad thing is that they have rusted pretty bad. Going to replace them with aluminum chocks made by KAFE. He'll custom make then just about any way you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOUR BD BOLTS

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmMick View Post
    Mike, They are called bed bolts, or removable bedbolts. We purchased them from Tractor Supply Company (TSC). The base bolt size is about 3/4", mounted buy a locknut with large washers on both sides of our aluminum trailer. The eyebolt that unscrews is 1/2". We've had them on our trailer since 2011 when we purchased our first Spyder.

I could never get use too running a strap through the rim like I've seen some people do. When we purchases these, I believe working load was 1200 pounds, and breaking strength was 3000 pounds. Now the only one's I can find are 800, and 2400.
    I'm not sure I would try to use this type on wood deck trailer tho .......And I agree on the RIM thing ...I put mine on the tire in-line with the TREAD ....nothing gets touched but the rubber tire..... and it doesn't cost $ 350.00 plus .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure I would try to use this type on wood deck trailer tho .......And I agree on the RIM thing ...I put mine on the tire in-line with the TREAD ....nothing gets touched but the rubber tire..... and it doesn't cost $ 350.00 plus .... Mike
    I totally agree! It's very easy to secure the Spyder this way, and it's not going anywhere once it's tied down with the ratchet straps. I've hauled mine to Texas and back behind my RV, and never worried about it.

Spyder Garage

Yes hurry hurry before C. J. buys them all and has them Gold Plated ......Mike
    Wellllll guess C. J. will have to go without one set to gold plate. I received a set of Super Clamps TODAY! Will be a bit before I can install on my trailer, Darn ole Job keeps me from having FUN!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Wellllll guess C. J. will have to go without one set to gold plate. I received a set of Super Clamps TODAY! Will be a bit before I can install on my trailer, Darn ole Job keeps me from having FUN!
    Your gonna love em! Takes all the anxiety out of trailering. Easy on, Easy off. You will never worry about

your Spyder being tied down or coming loose again.

One of you adventuring young Buck's out there should purchase the manufacturing rights to these in the

good old USA. Most of the materials were purchased in the US and a 20% duty was charged when

exported back to the USA. I see an opportunity here for someone. (write off all your Spyder Rally costs

and have a little fun too) They make these for ATV's, Snowmobiles and Ski Doo's also.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used these for many years with great success, http://www.blackandgray.com/products/wheel-chocks.html

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by burg650 View Post
    I used these for many years with great success, http://www.blackandgray.com/products/wheel-chocks.html

Looks like the next best thing. Thanks

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Enjoy them....mine arrive Friday !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Your gonna love em! Takes all the anxiety out of trailering. Easy on, Easy off. You will never worry about

your Spyder being tied down or coming loose again.

One of you adventuring young Buck's out there should purchase the manufacturing rights to these in the

good old USA. Most of the materials were purchased in the US and a 20% duty was charged when

exported back to the USA. I see an opportunity here for someone. (write off all your Spyder Rally costs

and have a little fun too) They make these for ATV's, Snowmobiles and Ski Doo's also.

Jack
    I liked the design and like you said, easy on easy off. That is what the mfg told me...too many of their supplies come in from US add on tarrifs and duty, most of the sales went to the US and the dollar exchange rate killed any profit. They just could not make them anymore and realize a profit out of it.
    Craig From Albany Oregon