Thread: Two questions

Spyder Garage

Default Two questions

I have the 2015 RT Ltd.

1/ On this model the fuel tank holds 26 Litres, will it burn all the 26 Litres or does it leave some in the tank? My previous 2012 RTS it would always leave a few litres in the tank that would not burn. Never understood why.

2/ Has any one ran a 12 volt wire from the alternator to supply power for accessories etc.. If so was there much involved in doing so. I understand the left side of the plastic would need to be removed to get to the alternator.

Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydertrike View Post
    I have the 2015 RT Ltd.

1/ On this model the fuel tank holds 26 Litres, will it burn all the 26 Litres or does it leave some in the tank? My previous 2012 RTS it would always leave a few litres in the tank that would not burn. Never understood why.

2/ Has any one ran a 12 volt wire from the alternator to supply power for accessories etc.. If so was there much involved in doing so. I understand the left side of the plastic would need to be removed to get to the alternator.

Thank you.
    there is always some fuel left for reserve. when it says you need fuel, you have about 1 gallon left to keep you going till you find a gas station. 2- find yourself a switched power source and install a 12 volt relay with a in line fuse to the battery from the relay. then you can install a terminal strip from the relay and use that for fused feeds for your accessories
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME