Spyder Garage

Default Stebel horn on a 2013 RT

We had folks ask for an air horn on a 2013 RT. horrible job! I borrowed a 13 from a friend, offering a free horn for his bike. I knew it would take a while, so, spent several hours in the garage trying to come up with a solution, or, confirm it is not cost effective to do as a business. Bottom line, this is a 2 hour job, and unless it is your bike, I don't think anyone will be willing to pay that. So, if you want to DIY:
    Remove left mirror, left side panel, (if it has the heat kit. If not, remove wind deflector).
    remove cover under hood, remove all pushpins to remove front left panel that covers the fog light. Remove fog light. Now you can get to the horn! Remove horn and bracket. Unplug. In the center of the square hole, on the inboard side, drill a 1/4" hole. I purchased a 5" 1/4 20 bolt, fender washer, flat washer, nylon locknut, and a piece of fuel line with a 1/4 "ID. Put the electrical connection end thru the square hole, with the horn trumpet facing out. Slip the washer on the bolt, put thru horn mount, slide on fuel line, insert in drilled hole, add fender washer, nylon locknut. Tighten. Plug in wires, test. If it just whirrs, reverse the wires. Test. If horn sounds, button it back up. The fuel line acts as a spacer, and a rubber mount. Not hard, just time consuming. Plan on a couple of hours, and be careful. The green wire clips are razor sharp. Luckily, they are positioned to inflict pain to guard against this mod! 😃 Joe
    image.jpg
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We had folks ask for an air horn on a 2013 RT. horrible job! I borrowed a 13 from a friend, offering a free horn for his bike. I knew it would take a while, so, spent several hours in the garage trying to come up with a solution, or, confirm it is not cost effective to do as a business. Bottom line, this is a 2 hour job, and unless it is your bike, I don't think anyone will be willing to pay that.
    The lack of space under the Tupperware is why I went with the two trumpets mounted above the fog light space. Barely had enough space to get the compressor in above the oil tank.

Front view.jpg Compressor mounted.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)