Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it were only that simple...

The RT has a saddle on it, that the F3 rider and passenger can only dream about.
    It's not just about carrying capacity: comfort has to also be included in the equation.
    Now; if you don't ever carry a passenger: that changes things!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default its a wonder

its a wonder how some people make it back home after they leave

Spyder Garage

Default If it were only that simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If it were only that simple...

The RT has a saddle on it, that the F3 rider and passenger can only dream about.
    It's not just about carrying capacity: comfort has to also be included in the equation.
    Now; if you don't ever carry a passenger: that changes things!
    Bob:

I'll see your RT saddle and raise you one.

RDL4 on F3-S.jpgRDL3 ON f3-s.jpgRDL seats for F3-S.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I LIKE the looks of that!
    Please tell all of us about it...

Spyder Garage

Default not my image

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I LIKE the looks of that!
    Please tell all of us about it...
    I like the looks of the Russel Day Long, also.

Unfortunately, it belongs to a nice guy in California name of Hawkiii (on this forum)
    Last edited by motoswami; 08-19-2016 at 05:47 PM.
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well it's a Beauty!
    Okay: if you've got one of those hiding under your hiney; it becomes all about the storage capacity!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Changed the rear sprocket to a smaller size. Less low end but more top end if I understand correctly.

CJ JAX
    Exactly what I wanted for my 2016 F3T - wonder if BRP will offer any change-over kits. This has been discussed on other threads over the year, without any resolve. Kinda sad (for me anyhow), as the European F3T & F3L models came equipped with the 79tooth sprocket.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Very well put

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    The F3 and RT, especially if you've owned both, are quite different machines. So, let's say there are things about the RT which don't particularly work for you, and you find the F3 has some, um, endearing characteristics, so much so that one just happens to worm its way under your garage door.

So far, so good, right? But you want more wind protection and more luggage carrying potential since you want more than just a Sunday afternoon ride. Adding saddlebags and a top box gets you there, with best of both worlds. Pretty simple, really.

Pete
    Thank you for a well thought out response.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pdxsenior View Post
    Why buy an F3 and then make it into an RT? I really don't see the point in all that!

15' F3S SE6 owner

That's exactly what I'm thinking- all these guys are going wild to get a F3 so they have a sporty looking bike and what do they do they put bags on it and if that's not enough they put a truck on the damn thing Heloo . . . . ..
    Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post
    That's exactly what I'm thinking- all these guys are going wild to get a F3 so they have a sporty looking bike and what do they do they put bags on it and if that's not enough they put a truck on the damn thing Heloo . . . . ..
    I didn't buy a F3 for it's looks at all. In fact, I think the RT is better looking. I bought it because, for me, it's so much more comfortable to ride. That said, I'm not sure why it has to be a team F3 vs. team RT thing like we're some Twilight watching tweens here. Buy, accessorize, and ride what fits you best. Ones person's choice of what fits their needs best isn't an attack on someone else's. They make chocolate and vanilla. Eat what you like and nevermind what the other guy is eating....
    Last edited by taken; 08-19-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    I didn't buy a F3 for it's looks at all. In fact, I think the RT is better looking. I bought it because, for me, it's so much more comfortable to ride. That said, I'm not sure why it has to be a team F3 vs. team RT thing like we're some Twilight watching tweens here. Buy, accessorize, and ride what fits you best. Ones person's choice of what fits their needs best isn't an attack on someone else's. They make chocolate and vanilla. Eat what you like and nevermind what the other guy is eating....
    F3 is sport bike and the RT is a touring bike!

Why buy a sporty bike and load it up to make it a RT ? Or take a RT and pull off all the stuff and make it F3.

While they are different - its not like they are worlds apart!
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Why buy a sporty bike and load it up to make it a RT ? Or take a RT and pull off all the stuff and make it F3.

Idleup, I suggest you go back and read the earlier responses as they have already addressed your concerns....perhaps some of us, for any number of reasons, are way more comfortable on the F3 layout than the RT, but would like to do some touring. Therefore we buy a new F3-L with saddlebags and a removable top box for longer trips.

....and by the way, for me, they are INDEED worlds apart. If there was no F3, I would not be riding a Spyder as the RT is NOT a long legged person's bike. Everyone has different drivers for vehicle selection and the options they choose, so why criticise them for it?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default pulling "stuff" off an RT

Um, IdleUp, exactly what are you suggesting that can be "pulled off" an RT. The saddlebags? The rear trunk?

Pete
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD

Spyder Garage

Hey to each his own - I like them both, I owned a RT for years, when the Slingshot came out i sold my RT. I rode the Sling for over a year and decided to get back on a saddle. I was going to get another RT but wanted something different.

They both are pretty . . .
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

...... I rode the Sling for over a year and decided to get back on a saddle. I was going to get another RT but wanted something different.

They both are pretty . . .
    I dunno how you can say that.... I heard that when the Slingshot design was delivered, the production team didn't slap the back of the Designers 'new baby', they went and slapped his Mother!
    The Slingshot came off the drawing board looking butt ugly, and now that it's had a chance to grow into it's looks, it's even uglier!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Idleup, I suggest you go back and read the earlier responses as they have already addressed your concerns....perhaps some of us, for any number of reasons, are way more comfortable on the F3 layout than the RT, but would like to do some touring. Therefore we buy a new F3-L with saddlebags and a removable top box for longer trips.

....and by the way, for me, they are INDEED worlds apart. If there was no F3, I would not be riding a Spyder as the RT is NOT a long legged person's bike. Everyone has different drivers for vehicle selection and the options they choose, so why criticise them for it?

Pete
    I agree Pete. They are absolutely worlds apart for me. The comfort due to seating position is night and day better on my F3 compared to my wife's RT. I also find the handling and ride quality to be superior. I can't ride my wife's machine for more than 15-20 minutes without shifting in my seat due to discomfort. My hips and legs start to get sore due to my knees being bent and my feet going back behind them. On my F3, I just did 85 miles the other day and could have gone straight through without stopping I was so comfortable.

I also don't see the F3 as a "sport bike." It just looks different than the RT to me but it's certainly not a "sport bike" in any way to my eyes. As to the RT being touring and not the F3, what do you think the "T" stands for in F3T? What does an RTL have that an F3L doesn't have that would aid in it's ability to "tour"? And, while the F3 base and F3S are still classified as "Sport Cruising" by BRP, the F3T and F3L (which are the two models that the top case is designed for) are now called "Cruiser Touring." I guess Idleup should call BRP and let them know their website is classifying two of their products wrong. Silly BRP, they should know better.
    Last edited by taken; 08-20-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno how you can say that.... I heard that when the Slingshot design was delivered, the production team didn't slap the back of the Designers 'new baby', they went and slapped his Mother!
    The Slingshot came off the drawing board looking butt ugly, and now that it's had a chance to grow into it's looks, it's even uglier!!

Butt Ugly - you need some glasses dude! While I understand the Spyder and Sling are for different riders - one thing for sure this bike will turn more heads than Porsche - here's a fewshots of mine!

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.rotory.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

Sometimes I don't like a new vehicle design, but after a year or so, and after seeing many of them on the road, it grows on me. That just hasn't happened with the SS. I, for one, don't see anything to redeem the SS design or even its raison d'être.

Edit: Look at that! My spell-checker speaks French!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman; as she kissed the cow...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-21-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Spyder Garage

Hello this seat look so nice. What brand is it

thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    Bob:

I'll see your RT saddle and raise you one.

RDL4 on F3-S.jpgRDL3 ON f3-s.jpgRDL seats for F3-S.jpg

Hello this seat look so nice. What brand is it

thanks

Spyder Garage

It's a Russell Day Long
    Shasta Lake Ca.
    Custom made seat not some off the rack one size fits most junk!!

Spyder Garage

Butt Ugly - you need some glasses dude! While I understand the Spyder and Sling are for different riders - one thing for sure this bike will turn more heads than Porsche - here's a fewshots of mine!

Enjoy
    It may turn heads but I have significant seat time in one. Also in a Z06 and Porsche 911 and a few other real sports cars. The slingshot is a go cart missing a rear wheel compared to real sports cars and its not a bike either. Its not fast, and it does not corner or brake all that well either.

I work on the SS for alignments but could not see ever owning one.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the looks of them, but the brakes could stand some serious improving!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    It may turn heads but I have significant seat time in one. Also in a Z06 and Porsche 911 and a few other real sports cars. The slingshot is a go cart missing a rear wheel compared to real sports cars and its not a bike either. Its not fast, and it does not corner or brake all that well either.

I work on the SS for alignments but could not see ever owning one.
    As you guys know, there is a big difference sitting in the Sling verses sitting on the saddle of a Spyder. I don't really feel they are in competition with each other but I can tell you they put a dent in BRP sales when they came out. I was lucky to find my Sling she's a LE model and they were only built for selling dealers - I found mine in Savannah Ga, only paid $25K plus taxes no prep no transportation. That's a lot of bike and engineering for 25K. While the Slingshot isn't perfect, Polaris like BRP did an amazing job building these bikes from he ground up. The Sling is a blast to drive and it gets more looks than any exotic car at 100th the price. I sold my RT when I found the Sling and just bought a F3-T to replace it since i like dragging the Spyder behind my camper.

Regards
    www.rotory.com