Spyder Garage

Default Cat Bypass on 2013 RTS

If I put the Cat Bypass on my 2013 will I need to tune it or better yet should I tune it? I only have 3900 miles on it and I'm looking for more power and maybe better MPG. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2013REDRTS View Post
    If I put the Cat Bypass on my 2013 will I need to tune it or better yet should I tune it? I only have 3900 miles on it and I'm looking for more power and maybe better MPG. Thanks

All you have to do is install it and the ECU will adjust itself Plug & Play

Spyder Garage

Once you've got it installed, start 'er up & let it idle for 10 mins or so to let the computer get used to the changes.... Then ride!!

My 2013 RT scored a cat elim & lost a few pounds as a result (noticeable weight loss!!) then just the short idle period, no 'extra tuning' required or any other changes needed or made; with the nett result being that it's now got noticeable better mid range response & better mpg with no drawbacks at all, so if that's what you're after, sounds like you are on the right track!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-16-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why are you talking about bypassing the Cat?
    Did I do something wrong???

Cat Removal.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I had the Cat Delete Pipe installed at Pitbull Power Sports in Springfield. They did it quickly and it has been one of the best things I've done. I don't know if it did any thing to the gas mileage more than a couple of miles per gallon less fuel useage but what it DID do was remove that giant 25 pound RADIATOR HEATER under the seat. It does change the factory muffler sound a bit, making it a bit more mellow but not at all loud. I did later add an Akropovic muffler but it did not come with baffles and the noise was greatly exaggerated. If I had been 16 and on a dirt track... But in all of it, Pittbull was great and honest. Kudos to them!

Here's a video made by a power sports dealer in Florida that has info on what it means to delete the cat converter. (Their Akropovic does have baffles which is essential)

Last edited by ricford; 08-16-2016 at 09:03 PM.