Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Receiver

Has anyone used or tried the following Bluetooth Receiver?

http://nyrius.com/product/Songo_Link...30.eng-19.html

Hoping to be able to use it to play music through the Spyder Soundsystem while routing phone calls to my 20s. I may just
    give it a try as it is cheap and I am tired of going through iPhone extension cables that break at the fittings.

I'm also thinking if I go this route then I will take the next step of dash mounting my iPhone 6S Plus for the visual GPS benefit.

Thanks for feedback.
    1984-87 Kawasaki GPZ750(1983)
    2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 800(2005)
    2012 Victory V92SC(2009)
    2013 Harley Davidson Road King(1999)
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT-S SM6(2014)
    2014 RTS , White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I use the unit from Lamont. $21 with free shipping. Works great. I like stuff from Lamont because he tries items before offering them on his site.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bobleach45 View Post
    I use the unit from Lamont. $21 with free shipping. Works great. I like stuff from Lamont because he tries items before offering them on his site.
    Does the Lamont one let you send iPhone music to spyder speakers while keeping iPhone phone to a BT headset? Mine will route iPhone music
    to the spyder speakers until I connect the headset...then music and phone route to the headset only...can't seem to split them out. Can't find
    method of breaking it out by BT profile on the iPhone. More tweaking to do.
    2012 Victory V92SC(2009)
    2014 RTS , White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I guess you prefer the music to the speakers than to the headset?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I guess you prefer the music to the speakers than to the headset?
    Yeah, "makes" the wife enjoy my music too...
    2012 Victory V92SC(2009)
    2014 RTS , White

Spyder Garage

Phones can only have one active pair for Music. This is why when you turn on your headset it cancels out the receiver.

Now there maybe a way out. Look in your 20S manual page 19. There is a area that talks about selective pairing.
    Using that, pair HFP (Phone call only) to your 20S.
    Oh, before you do that erase the current pairing you have on your iPhone and reset the BT receiver.
    Make sure your headset is on and phone only mode works.
    Then pair your phone to the receiver. If the receiver doesn't try to take over HFP when it pairs, you should be good to go.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Phones can only have one active pair for Music. This is why when you turn on your headset it cancels out the receiver.

Now there maybe a way out. Look in your 20S manual page 19. There is a area that talks about selective pairing.
    Using that, pair HFP (Phone call only) to your 20S.
    Oh, before you do that erase the current pairing you have on your iPhone and reset the BT receiver.
    Make sure your headset is on and phone only mode works.
    Then pair your phone to the receiver. If the receiver doesn't try to take over HFP when it pairs, you should be good to go.

Bob
    Awesome. I will give that a try this afternoon.
    2012 Victory V92SC(2009)
    2014 RTS , White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well

With the 20s you can send music to your wife's headset. There is no real reason to have the BT set up on the motorcycle!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    With the 20s you can send music to your wife's headset. There is no real reason to have the BT set up on the motorcycle!
    He is doing what I call reverse Bluetooth! That is he does not want to put his phone in the trunk and use the cable.
    He want's his phone's music to come out the RT's speakers wirelessly...

So totally different thing here.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

He is doing what I call reverse Bluetooth! That is he does not want to put his phone in the trunk and use the cable.
    He want's his phone's music to come out the RT's speakers wirelessly...

So totally different thing here.

Bob
    Yep, that and my wife's "headset" is slapping me on the side of the helmet and yelling at me. Need to get one
    for her...when she starts riding more and it will then make sense. Mine is basically overkill for "hands-free phone
    calls". My commute is 10 hours a week so she wants to be able to slap me in the side of the helmet even when
    she isn't 2up....lol.

Edit: I am also tired of replacing the iphone extension cables when they break due to the flexing of the cable
    at the connectors. I have had the bike for 13 months(16,000 miles) and have replaced the extension cable
    twice due to breakage from flex. I also want the added benefit of mounting the phone up front for GPS visual
    bonus.
    Last edited by thunor; 08-23-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    2012 Victory V92SC(2009)
    2014 RTS , White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thunor View Post
    Does the Lamont one let you send iPhone music to spyder speakers while keeping iPhone phone to a BT headset? Mine will route iPhone music
    to the spyder speakers until I connect the headset...then music and phone route to the headset only...can't seem to split them out. Can't find
    method of breaking it out by BT profile on the iPhone. More tweaking to do.
    I don't have a headset but the Lamont unit plays through my Spyder speakers. I can control the volume with the Spyder Control. I mount my iPhone 6 Plus on the handlebars and have direct access to what is playing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bobleach45 View Post
    I don't have a headset but the Lamont unit plays through my Spyder speakers. I can control the volume with the Spyder Control. I mount my iPhone 6 Plus on the handlebars and have direct access to what is playing.
    The Nyrius also does this...fine tuning it.

Your reply generated another question as I also use an iPhone 6 Plus(with a Mophie case) and will be looking at best choices for
    a handlebar mount. What do you use and do you like it? Wish you went with something else? Thanks.
    2012 Victory V92SC(2009)
    2014 RTS , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thunor View Post
    The Nyrius also does this...fine tuning it.

Your reply generated another question as I also use an iPhone 6 Plus(with a Mophie case) and will be looking at best choices for
    a handlebar mount. What do you use and do you like it? Wish you went with something else? Thanks.
    RAM makes a mount for the iPhone 6+ but you do have to take it out of the case.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

RAM makes a mount for the iPhone 6+ but you do have to take it out of the case.

Bob
    Works perfectly with just doing Device connected via the 20s. Phone cuts out the music over BT when I have
    a call to the 20s. Thank you for the direction on this. Will be getting one of the larger phone RAM X-Mounts
    I think so I can put the iPhone 6S+ up front.
    2012 Victory V92SC(2009)
    2014 RTS , White