Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3-S Special Edition Daytona 500 Spyder - 600 Mile Review

20160806_132037.jpgWell I managed to put 600 miles on the new bike in a week. Took it in Friday and had the first service done. Overall this thing is a blast! I really feel I should have bought the F3 right out of the gate ,instead of the 2014 ST Limited I traded it for. I can't really compare it to the ST ,apples to oranges. The one thing I didn't realize is how much attention this bike would get. I have come out of several places to find people taking pictures of it. Of course I had to let my neighbors grandson sit on it and rev the engine. He thinks its a transformer. Lol. The bike has plenty of torque for me. I have owned sports bikes that would put this thing to shame ,but at my age this thing is crazy fun and much safer. Which makes my wife very happy. Which naturally means I get to stay happy as well. The lower center of gravity is great in the corners. I haven't decided if I am going to need the upgraded Baja Ron sway bar yet ,need to spend some more time in the twistys ,poor me. I did have the dealer move the driver foot pegs forward to the number four position. It has made the riding position much more comfortable. Oh ,I did have a guy in an M3 BMW try and race me yesterday. Of course I smoked him. Don't tell my wife. So the things I like the most about this Spyder is the increased torque and horsepower(yee-haw). The much improved ridding position(personal taste). The handling seems to be better due to the added weight. I am actually getting more miles per tank of gas than the last bike. I absolutely love the yellow pearl paint. This bike looks stuning in the sunlight. Drove it by the Lamborghini dealer in Henderson(NV) and let the sales guy try it. He let me test drive the new Hurican sitting behind the bike in the first pic I posted. I cant believe they allow cars that fast on the street. Anyway getting ready to take a spin around the lake before it gets too dark. Later.

Spyder Garage

Spovelko, This is really thrilling to hear about a new model from someone who is racking up some miles on it. Like yourself, I came from a background of high-performance sport bikes. What I found with my 2015 F3-S is that the body lean was too exaggerated for the wonderful power-plant that is under the Tupperware. I early on put on a Ronbar with BajaRon billet heim links and the ride was significantly improved from a body lean standpoint. I put on a BRP Occasional Two-Up rear shock and the ride improved just a slight bit. I am not sure what they are spec'ing the Daytona with for a rear shock but if it is the standard 9-coil BRP, that is adequate but I think people's reports about such shocks as the Elka Stage 2-4 might improve the overall functionality of the trike.

I agree with you 100% that the golden frame and other design elements with what you describe as metal flake in the paint must be truly spectacular to behold. Have fun with your new Spyder and thanks for helping the OP on the other thread and many of us other curious folks who own F3-S's to learn about what the new Daytona F3-S is all about. Bob
    Last edited by Capt. Bob; 08-13-2016 at 06:19 PM.