Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Yes, I've ridden my share of 1330's - mostly RT's, but also F3's (including one fairly long ride on an F3T). They are good bikes, but as of yet, I haven't found one that makes me want to trade in my 2013 RT Ltd. .....
    Same here!!

Since the heat recall thing happened, the Missus & I have done similar extensive testing & still reckon the 2013's RT's are the pick of the bunch for us; we've yet to find a 1330 offering that ticks all our 'needs' list boxes or does anywhere as well in satisfying the 'wants' list!! And while some of the F3's come close in the 'getting the adrenalin pumping' stakes, they all either fail miserably elsewhere or just don't work - for us!! I have been known to state that the 1330's (yes, even the F3's!) just aren't as 'exciting' to ride - sure, they've got scads of torque & can be fun, but it seems their torque is delivered by a lazy team of oxen & they just don't deliver the rush we get from our heat recall & cat elim unleashed 2013 RT Ltd!

Towing with a 1330 RT is admittedly a breeze & cruising can be a joy, but regardless of what you do, even without a trailer you just don't get the rush of mid range acceleration from one of them as you do from a 998 with a cat elim fitted - the cat elim & the heat recall mods really seem to have unleashed the mid range in our 2013 RT Ltd such that now, the only thing that's less than ideal with the Spyder for us is the disappointing range! I wonder if it's possible to somehow squeeze the larger 1330/'2014 on' RT Fuel Tank under the 2013 tupperware?? Until someone comes up with a way to do that, or something similarly invisible & seamless, then it appears that we will have to keep on sacrificing 1/2 of the LH pannier capacity to carry a spare 5litre gas can 'range extender'!

Altho, when exactly did BRP say they were going to be releasing that 1330 turbo?? My hand's already up & waving madly for an RT Turbo with Sports mode - an F3T Daytona Turbo or two will do in a pinch, but we are really after a sporty & exciting but comfortable two-up Long Distance Tourer! Is it so hard to deliver something that's as comfortable, capable, & versatile as the current RT's, but has more exciting performance than the current 1330's, with the Sports Mode Option so we can let'er rip when we want to play, but still has the fuel capacity let us easily pull those long cruising stints?! A 1330 RT Turbo with Sports Mode looks like it might come close, anyone else interested??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Same here!!

Since the heat recall thing happened, the Missus & I have done similar extensive testing & still reckon the 2013's RT's are the pick of the bunch for us; we've yet to find a 1330 offering that ticks all our 'needs' list boxes or does anywhere as well in satisfying the 'wants' list!!... I have been known to state that the 1330's (yes, even the F3's!) just aren't as 'exciting' to ride - sure, they've got scads of torque & can be fun, but it seems their torque is delivered by a lazy team of oxen & they just don't deliver the rush we get from our heat recall & cat elim unleashed 2013 RT Ltd!
    YEP. ...or the sound of the cat-less 2013 RT, which I also enjoy. . Then factor in a low trade value, and loads of expensive farkles, and I really have no incentive at all to "trade up". If I did, I wouldn't be as happy, because it just wouldn't be the Spyder that I've grown so fond of, and enjoy riding so much.
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-12-2016 at 11:59 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Hi robmorg,

Re: it just wouldn't be the Spyder that I've grown so fond of, and enjoy riding so much.

Not to hijack the thread, but I agree completely with this as regards my '08. I've made a fair number of changes ( a few more in a week or so ) and I have it just about how I want it.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Back in the 50's when I was a mid-teenager, I hung around with a bunch of older 'car guys.' They kept doing 'whatever' to get more power out of their cars. But, there was always someone out there who was faster. I learned the lesson to simply enjoy what you have; there will always be someone with more HP.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Fuel range is why I ended up with Givi Panniers on my RS:

DSC03340.jpg

Have 12 litres in this one - normally have another 0.5 litre bottle, my multi-fuel stove, billy can and tire kit go in this side as well.

It's not the small range but also when touring on unfamiliar roads you end up filling up even more often just to be safe. When I'm doing endurance rally's I often have to spend more time working out where I have to re-fuel than anything else.

Like others I've tried an F3 1330 but agree Peter that the power delivery is all wrong for me. It's possibly not helped by the different sprocket sizes we apparently have in NZ/Australia vs the US. I did hear a rumor that Can-Am Australia are looking at altering the mapping for 2nd gear for the 1330 to try and improve the power delivery for our market.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Where is the sign in this pic??!!
    That one was in Kingman Arizona at a gas station. Seen about 5 of them from Kingsman to Peach Springs Arizona. The most unique 66 sign is in Tucumcari New Mexico.

IMG_20160430_093532083.jpg

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I think that it was OrangeSpyderMan, who cooked up this one...
    I'm pretty sure it was Mr Orange, not OrangeSpyderMan. He and his posts seem to have gone bye-bye.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MR. ORANGE

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Mr Orange, not OrangeSpyderMan. He and his posts seem to have gone bye-bye.
    I believe He sold His Spyder about 2 years ago ..................... Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default REFILLS

In our riding group, we have 5 can am's and the rest are harleys, gold wings, etc....problem is solved when we old farts need our breaks we also fill up the tanks....

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately there is no place to add a aux. fuel cell anywhere under the tupperware so any extra fuel has to be carried either in a storage compartment or somewhere on the surface of the bike. I have the 1330 but there are occasions when I have stretched the ride to far and I start to worry. When I have the trailer I carry 2.5 gallons in a fuel container, if not, I put 1 gallon in my left saddle bag, this leaves about 1/2 of the bag still usable for storage.

Now, this is a manual fill so I keep it for emergency's only and carrying extra fuel in a plastic container is risky in the event of an accident. A proper metal fuel cell can be mounted up on my luggage rack and it could be plumbed into the fuel system. The tour tank is probably the safest set up but they are a bit pricey.