Spyder Garage

Default Flat rate time for BRP alignment? (2012 RTL)

Does anyone know the warranty flat rate time allowance for performing the alignment procedure in the service manual? The dealership want to align my bike after the ball joints are replaced, and they are hitting up the warranty company for 3.5 hours. The warranty company (RPM One) says no way, we won't pay.

The manual lists parts replacement times, but not procedures.
    They go back and forth, and after a month, I'm still not ryding!!!
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Squared Away

Not too sure. I know when I had my RT Laser Alligned at the dealer it only cost $105.00. The labor rate is $129.00 per hour. So 3.5 x $129.00 doesn't come up with $105.00. So I would say your guys are pretty slow, or they are doing it at Happy Hour! Most dealers don't do laser alignment so make sure you are talking apples and apples. I am going to have Squared Away do my F3 at the Nor-Cal Spyder Rally! You could too!

https://sites.google.com/site/norcalspyderrally/
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

The service manual procedure, while it requires a laser level, isn't like the Laser Alignment that Squared Away does. The wheels have to come off, and a long alignment bar is clamped to the frame. A lot more fiddling around for a less precise alignment.

It has to be aligned after the ball joints are replaced, and the mechanic is old-school and insists on following the service manual. After I get it back, I will get it laser aligned the right way, at my expense.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would go take it around the block and see if the belt is aligned right and get it out of there, unless they screwed with the tie rods it should be pretty close, until you can get it done right.
    Last edited by Lastchance; 08-05-2016 at 07:26 PM.