Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Event Fee's

Just want you to know, the fees you pay to join a Spyder Event are cheap compared to other events, I just went down to the National Roundup Event in Little Rock, the fee to go into the area where the Vendors were =$30.00, needless to say i refused to pay $30.00 to go some place and maybe spend more of my money.

Just thought that you might like to know this

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Pay money for the opportunity to spend money--not a good concept. I too, would pass on that wonderful opportunity.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While I know that they're holding the events to make money: it sometimes seems as if they get a bit...
    ...Piggish, about the whole thing.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Accessories Advice

I am considering some of the options you already have and would appreciate advice...
    1. Does the sway bar make that big a difference?
    2. Do you like the skid plate and is IT worth it?
    3. What LED accent lights have you purchsed (if any) and what do you suggest for those?
    4. Should I wait for an event like Spyderfest to invest in these?
    5, What flag mount do you have?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by MrSpacelySC; 08-04-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BajaRon's anti-swaybar is a VERY useful addition to any Spyder.
    Spyderpop's Bumpskid definitely ties the front bodywork together much better, and can be had with LED lighting. This brings up your 3rd question: lighting!
    Lighting can fall into two different categories: the stuff that is useful, and the stuff that just makes the bike look better.
    Concentrate on the useful stuff first. That's the stuff that helps to you be seen...
    Extra brakelights would be a good first choice; followed closely by front running lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpacelySC View Post
    I am considering some of the options you already have and would appreciate advice...
    1. Does the sway bar make that big a difference?
    2. Do you like the skid plate and is IT worth it?
    3. What LED accent lights have you purchsed (if any) and what do you suggest for those?
    4. Should I wait for an event like Spyderfest to invest in these?
    5, What flag mount do you have?

Thanks,
    Steve
    You should start a new post looking for opinions concerning a subject that is different from what is being discussed, you'll find you'll get more of a response to what you need and the original post will not get hi-jacked from what it is discussing.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    You should start a new post looking for opinions concerning a subject that is different from what is being discussed, you'll find you'll get more of a response to what you need and the original post will not get hi-jacked from what it is discussing.
    He's new, and this was his first post... We should be able to cut him a bit of slack...

Spyder Garage

I have never understood doing this. You charge vendors a fee to sell their goods. On top of that, charge everyone a fee to get in to spend money. Charge one or the other not both! And Joe is 100% correct. Spyder events are very inexpensive to go to. Go to a Gold Wing event. $$ just to get in. Len and Vanessa, as well as Lamont are not greedy people. Outstanding, is the word that describes them. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Hi Joe,

Re: Spyder Event Fee's

Talk about timing; your post is directly above NorCalBud's post about their event. The fee => $50.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    He's new, and this was his first post... We should be able to cut him a bit of slack...
    and no malice intended.

My only intention was to give the "new guy" some guidance.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's cool...

Spyder Garage

Wow. The SpyderAdventures rally in October is completely free for everyone. You only pay for what you want to buy, and if you want to go to the big dinner. We just wanna have fun.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)