Spyder Garage

Default F3 Series Leg Wings offer Great Benefits

Last edited by Air Wing Guy; 08-03-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

These are a must have for the F3. Put them on mine and what a difference it has made on these hot days.

Spyder Garage

Need all that protection why not just ride a cage?

Spyder Garage

These have to do with air flow and providing additional comfort on the hot and cold days.

Spyder Garage

Are you planning on making hand wings for the F3-T/Limited?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default now available

Quote Originally Posted by Dave03hd View Post
    Are you planning on making hand wings for the F3-T/Limited?
    we actually have them available now for $79.95 for the set. comes with black hardware and your choice of deflector colors of Clear, light tint and dark tint. give us a call to place your order. 1-800-451-9464 these are not yet on the website
    Baker Built

Spyder Garage

Default Air wings for F3

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    These are a must have for the F3. Put them on mine and what a difference it has made on these hot days.
    Are the air wings easy to install? I would like a set for my F3 but I am hoping I don't have to drill a hole in my bike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is the ugliest damn thing i have ever seen

Spyder Garage

Default unattractive but effective

Yeah Tazzel......I just got a pair of air wings for a long trip......I put one side on and took the F3 out on back roads and freeways. You really can notice both the weather protection for heavy rain and improved airflow for hot weather compared to the non winged side.

If you were on a long trip they would be a great benefit........but I have to agree that they are certainly not attractive and definitely don't anhance the F3's lines. I have taken mine off while I determine if I will use them on the trip where function will be more important than form.
    Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

super easy install requires no drilling on the F3 on the F3T you have to drill through the mirror housing and thats it.

Baker Built

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Wind View Post
    Are the air wings easy to install? I would like a set for my F3 but I am hoping I don't have to drill a hole in my bike.
    Baker Built

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    ^^^
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

I really don't find them ugly myself ( I purchased the light tint that matches my F4 windshield). But even if I found them unattractive, they work so well I would use them anyway!
    To God Be The Glory!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default looks aren't everything

come on guys was you never taught looks aren't everything? 9 times out of 10 an accessory isn't attractive but it is useful and works. please if you have never seen in person the benefits of our Air Wings don't knock em. They weren't invented for looks they were made for their functions. Everyone we know who has them wouldn't ride another trip without them.
    Baker Built

Spyder Garage

My legs get so cold when the temperature drops. Can you send a few more pics to see what it looks like installed?
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default more pictures/info

Quote Originally Posted by aracrash View Post
    My legs get so cold when the temperature drops. Can you send a few more pics to see what it looks like installed?
    IMG_2255.jpgIMG_2265.jpg

Here are some pictures of our F3 Series Leg Wings. These do a miraculous job of deflecting cold air away and bringing engine heat onto riders legs in cold weather and deflecting engine heat away and bring cool air to riders legs in the hot weather. If you have any others questions feel free to call or email us so we can help you further. Thank you. info@bakerbuilt.com 1-800-451-9464
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Baker Built

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Said your mom

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Really? A sponsor is trying to sell his product and answer customers questions and that is what you bring to the table? If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 11-22-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Work with foot boards?

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Really? A sponsor is trying to sell his product and answer customers questions and that is what you bring to the table? If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    Will these leg wings work if there are foot boards on the F3-T?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JoDot View Post
    You may not be able to use the bottom of the 3 panels if you have long legs, especially with boards, JoDot. I have my F3-L set to position #5, and I certainly can't use the bottom panel. They are still quite effective though. I don't have them on permanently, but do put them on for trips over 1000km. I do have the hand wings on permanently though, as they are very effective at directing extra air in the hot Aussie summer. Below (hopefully) is a more detailed description and a better photo from the Baker site where you can see the 3 air wings clearly.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/f3awupl.html

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    You may not be able to use the bottom of the 3 panels if you have long legs, especially with boards, JoDot. I have my F3-L set to position #5, and I certainly can't use the bottom panel. They are still quite effective though. I don't have them on permanently, but do put them on for trips over 1000km. I do have the hand wings on permanently though, as they are very effective at directing extra air in the hot Aussie summer. Below (hopefully) is a more detailed description and a better photo from the Baker site where you can see the 3 air wings clearly.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/f3awupl.html

Pete
    Thank you for your reply to this thread sir however we actually do not sell the air wings with uppers and lowers anymore. These were not a hot item due to "looks" so we redesigned and made the Hand Wings and the Leg Wings. We are in the process of building a new and improved more customer friendly website so those items haven't yet gotten removed we apologize for this matter. But however we DO have them in stash if someone would like to order but we will not be making more of the Air Wings with Uppers and Lowers.

We have gotten more requests for the Hand Wings and Leg Wings. The leg wings mount more to the front behind the tire they are out of direct site and blend in nicely to help with those who feel they are "ugly". Please if anybody has ANY questions on these please email or call us. Info@bakerbuilt.com or 1-800-451-9464

Spyder Garage

Default answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by JoDot View Post
    Hello,
    We believe these will work with the floor boards. We give a 100% satisfaction guarantee, if you purchase these and they either do NOT fit or you do NOT like them you can return these for a full refund as long as the item is still in new condition and not damaged. If you have any more questions feel free to contact us. info@bakerbuilt.com or 1-800-451-9464 Have a happy thanksgiving

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aracrash View Post

Get some warmer pants or try a heated suit.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Get some warmer pants or try a heated suit.

Cruzr Joe
    I would but I use my bike for commuting and I'm in a suit. Trying not to wear suit or heat it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Can Am Spyder F3-S SE6
    2015 F3 , Gray/Black/Orange