Thread: HAS ANYBODY?

Spyder Garage

Default HAS ANYBODY?

Wondering if anyone has been able to get the rear air shock on an RT Limited replaced/repaired using the BEST warranty? I checked mine today, and it read 0 psi. I put 55 psi in the bag using the Schrader valve under the seat, and set a timer for 5 minutes. Checked again and it was down to 35.5 psi, so obviously it is leaking. Hope I don't have to pay the big $$ for a fix.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I had one replaced on my 2015 under regular warranty, so my thought is that the extended warranty might cover it also.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

... Unless they have specifically excluded coverage for it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The BEST paperwork does say that shocks are not covered, as they are a "normal wear & tear" item, but I am thinking (and hoping) along the line that Joe is - if it's covered under the initial warranty, it should be covered under the BEST warranty as well.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Let us know what "they" decide. IMO: A leaking air system is a defect and not a wear and tear item.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The airbag might be covered: it's not really part of the shock; is it?
    This is sounding like a "You better call BRP" type of conversation.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My compressor to the rear shock was replaced under Best warranty the last of June. I only had about a wheel left of warranty. Cost me $50 deductible. The compressor alone costs over $320! I have a 2011 RTS SE5.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The airbag might be covered: it's not really part of the shock; is it?
    This is sounding like a "You better call BRP" type of conversation.
    Yep, gonna do that on Monday.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrfats View Post
    My compressor to the rear shock was replaced under Best warranty the last of June. I only had about a wheel left of warranty. Cost me $50 deductible. The compressor alone costs over $320! I have a 2011 RTS SE5.
    THAT'S what I wanted to hear!!R Crumb 3.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    The BEST paperwork does say that shocks are not covered, as they are a "normal wear & tear" item.
    The air bag is not a shock. It is an air spring and leakage that is not caused by some external force should be very unexpected. Check for pointy things making holes in the bag around the mounting surfaces.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    The air bag is not a shock. It is an air spring and leakage that is not caused by some external force should be very unexpected. Check for pointy things making holes in the bag around the mounting surfaces.
    Sharp rocks will collect around the bag and eventually wear a hole in it. What happened to mine. I put an aftermarket pump on mine when the replacement they put on only worked for about 3 days.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

I have an extended warranty on my 2013 RT Ltd. It is through RPM and the Premium Coverage. I don't know if this is what everyone refers to as a Best Warranty. They just replaced my entire system. The leak in the bag caused the compressor to run so much that it burned out. They replaced both the bag and the compressor. They charged the warranty company $880.

Hope yours is covered. Maybe you caught yours in time and you won't need the compressor.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just had my compressor and air bag replaced. BEST paid for the compressor and I paid for the air bag and new hoses. Cost $350. The shock was replaced under regular warranty two years ago. Please note: The air ride and the shock are separate.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Just had my compressor and air bag replaced. BEST paid for the compressor and I paid for the air bag and new hoses. Cost $350. The shock was replaced under regular warranty two years ago. Please note: The air ride and the shock are separate.
    What was the reason that BEST only paid for the compressor & not the bag/hoses?

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They said those were not covered.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White