Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default "WOW" factor ideas?

We all have been pleasantly surprised or said "wow" to certain features / functions / styling of the Spyder..... What did BRP forget? Here's one idea I wish they had designed in:

"Speed Compensating Windshield" - I generally put the windshield to full up above 50 or 55 in the summer, to reduce wind blast / bugs for my co-rider. When we roll into a town at lower speeds, I put it down for more airflow. It would've been a neat "WOW" factor for me if you could set the up speed and down speed at which it would automatically do this for you!

What ideas do you have? (BRP - pay attention please!!)

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GadgetGuy442; 07-30-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I see where your name came from but that's getting pretty lazy

Spyder Garage

Default "WOW" factor ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance View Post
    I see where your name came from but that's getting pretty lazy
    Lol. You're right.... But isn't laziness the root of all invention? Do you use intermittent wipers on your car?

Here's another one.... We use the corded mic/intercom on our RTS and set the VOX level for the intercom at a certain level for in town and speeds up to 45 mph or so. When we get above that 55+ we need to raise the VOX level as the road and wind noise level breaks over the VOX and we lose the music. That is a setting that I tweak as we ride that could be speed compensated!

Coming into slower speed limit areas I'm lowering the windshield and tweaking the VOX down, then rolling out of town I'm tweaking them both back up. Repetitive tasks that are pattern driven are perfect places where some automation would make sense. Now that would WOW me.... I'd think those BRP engineers really understood how their product was being used and how they could enhance the experience! (I'm in automotive industry, so we have these sort of discussions a lot).

Just a thought!

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GadgetGuy442; 07-30-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

I would like a way to air download software updates... For example if the new Sport mode is a software update then the older models can be updated remotely... Like Tesla does it. Pop up cup holder would cool 2 lol...
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it...

If you get all these "make life easy" changes, riding the cage will make more sense...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee : if the clock were actually accurate...

Personally; I think that the basic package needs some further refining, before they start adding more gizmos to the mix...
    How about larger side storage compartments, and a top trunk with an opening that is useable?
    Or the ability to delete pre-sets from the sound system, without having to jump through hoops?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd be thrilled if my windshield could simply go down far enough to still be usable (instead of exactly lining up with my eyes), even if I had to get off and crank it by hand!

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    I'd be thrilled if my windshield could simply go down far enough to still be usable (instead of exactly lining up with my eyes), even if I had to get off and crank it by hand!
    Verticaly Challenged? Try using a gel or Sheepskin pad on the seat.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1162579]Gee : if the clock were actually accurate...

YES! I don't normally wear a watch, so I hate that my clock is so wacky that I can't even come up with a consistent number of minutes or hours to add or subtract. My truck's clock has been incredibly accurate for 13 years. Maybe Ford could sell their secret to BRP.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Verticaly Challenged? Try using a gel or Sheepskin pad on the seat.

Jack
    Welllll, that'd just be something else to screw around with since I'm perfectly comfortable as it is, so I'd have to stop and dig out my "height aid" whenever I wanted the wind in my face or the rainy shield out of my way. Not to mention sheepskin sizzling parts of me that I prefer not be sizzled, and soaking said parts during a cloud burst. And I'd slide right off a gel pad in the rain!

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Spyder Garage

How about helmet locks?
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The pen sound systems has a speed to increase volume setting, that might be something to verify, unless you are using non BRP audio.
    Yeah, but it only works with the external speakers. I wish it also worked with the Bluetooth output.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I'd like to see a miles-to-empty (MTE) readout. Most contemporary cars have them now.

If Can Am thinks they need more LCD screenspace to do something like this, I think they could eliminate the analog speed and tach gauges. For one thing, the font size of the numbers is too small for my older, post-cataract-surgery eyes; I have to take a few moments to focus on them, and I'd rather be watching the road. The 0 -200 scale (the high number being necessary to accommodate KmPH) is too small (for me) to be useful; again, I have to take a few extra moments to focus in and read it.

As a result, I almost exclusively use the digital speed and RPM readouts on the LCD screen. So, simplify and go with a bigger LCD screen with more flexibility (and readability).

My clock is close enough for government work (I'm retired and don't care). The temperature gauge may not be accurate, but it too is close enough.

But the one thing I'd really like to have -- a power port right in front of me, perhaps in the middle of the flap switches (parking brake, grip heaters, fog lights, etc.) so I can plug in a heated vest. I think it's kinda cheap-o not to have something like this, on a machine the expensive.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Gee : if the clock were actually accurate...
    I have to admit, the clock on my F3L is fairly accurate. By comparison, the clocks on both my RT Limiteds were way off.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    How about helmet locks?
    LIDLOX is a sponsor. I love them
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Some of you need to get out and ride more often.This bike has enough iems on it.Use to be speedo tach trip meter.And that was enough for a great ride through the country.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Yeah, but it only works with the external speakers. I wish it also worked with the Bluetooth output.
    I don't think that you really want that...
    The idea of the speed variable volume control, is to boost the sound level, and ambient wind and vehicle noise increases. If you have the music being piped into your helmet: that environment should be MUCH more stable, and require far less fiddling with the volume.

Spyder Garage

Hmmm, that may be one of those "floating goat" situations. I'm ALWAYS turning my helmet volume up and down to accommodate the additional noise when underway, as opposed to when I'm stopped in traffic. Drives me nuts because I remember that auto-adjusting volume used to work great before i got the Sena system.

Since you can turn the auto-volume off, or change the level in "settings", it should be applied to all audio outputs, IMHO.
    Last edited by robmorg; 07-31-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It might just be my choice of music, that is coloring my perceptions.

After all: Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Ted Nugent, Ozzy Osbourne and Blue Oyster Cult are NEVER turned down anyway!

Spyder Garage

Oh yeah
    Music

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Spyder Garage

It might just be my choice of music, that is coloring my perceptions.

After all: Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Ted Nugent, Ozzy Osbourne and Blue Oyster Cult are NEVER turned down anyway!

Bob, You forgot Z Z Top, The greatest little old band from Texas there is , A How How How,

Midnightbreeze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I sure dig them too!
    "Southern Rock" is just not quite my favorite...
    ...but it's dang good and close!
    Lynryd Skynryd
    Johnny Winter
    and ZZ top
    all are well represented in that "Little Saltine cracker", that I call an I-Pod!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    An Ultimate seat will raise you up an inch and a half to two inches! Vert comfy too!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that you really want that...
    The idea of the speed variable volume control, is to boost the sound level, and ambient wind and vehicle noise increases. If you have the music being piped into your helmet: that environment should be MUCH more stable, and require far less fiddling with the volume.
    Our Cardo Scala Q1 Team set adjusts the volume up as the speed increases!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default A few items to keep ahead of the competition

Just coming off a BMW, some of the nice things to have on the Spyder that I miss somewhat...

- Keyless Ride
    - LED lighting all around
    - 3rd Brakelight
    - auto locking bags
    - factory builtin alarm

If I never had them - probably wouldn't miss them at all.

However, the one thing I would really like but have never had on any bike from the factory: high mileage tires! Why is that?
    2016 RT Limited - Red: Purchased from Pikes Peak Motorsports
    Dealer installed: TriAxis Bars;
    Self Installed: BahaRon SwayBar, Bumpskid, Corbin Armrests, Dave's BT Cable, ShowChrome Luggage Rack,Foam Grips
    Wishlist: Fox Shocks, Long Distance Seat, HID Headlights