Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RTLTD trailer wiring problem

Hi "Guys", I'm new to this forum but thought somebody out there might be able to assist with my installation delemma. I have the complete Can-am factory loom and are having difficulty working out were the two plugs on the wiring, plug into my bike. The installation instructions are fairly vague. Even the pictures don't really give any clear instruction as to where they might be. I have just about pulled every panel off the bike and still can't find two "spare" female plugs to plug into. I recon it should be under the seat. One of the plugs will fit into where the actual "stardard" wiring for the brake, blinker and tail lights go ...... but if I disconnect this to plug half of the loom in, then I doubt very much even if I find the other "stray" female plug for the other plug on the wiring loom to plug in, then my bike lights probly wont work! Any thoughts

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Raise set way up and support it after removing the gas spring. Remove the left panel under the passengers area of the seat, the hand hold is part of this. Under there is a connector. You will disconnect that connector and your trailer harness will have one connector onto each of the connector that you just disconnected.

The trailer harness is simply a Y type connection. Looking for a capped connector is incorrect.
    Many thanks indeed PMK. I have it sorted now thans to my good looks and your brains!!!!