Spyder Garage

Default AdMore LED lighting kit for Givi bag on F3-S -- wiring help needed

I have a full-function (tail, stop and turn lights) LED lighting kit by AdMore installed in a Givi top box I've mounted on my F3-S. These supplement the stock lights, adding considerable conspicuity to the rear of the trike. System worked great when installed on a motorcycle previously.

I'm now switching the box over to the F3 (using the killer rack that Maurice at www.mblinnovations.com manufactures).

I'm having difficulty locating the proper positions along the wire harness to insert the Positap connectors. Between a black box module that has white brake light wire and brown tail light wire running in one side, and yellow/green turn signal wires coming out the other, plus the basic right hand side and left hand side pigtails that run from the module to the separate halves of the tail light assembly, I'm playing hit-and-miss with finding the correct place to "splice" into the harness so the three functions are correct.

So far, all the LEDs light up, but not quite as intended.

Anyone gone down this route who can help?

TIA

Pete
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    I have a full-function (tail, stop and turn lights) LED lighting kit by AdMore installed in a Givi top box I've mounted on my F3-S. These supplement the stock lights, adding considerable conspicuity to the rear of the trike. System worked great when installed on a motorcycle previously.

I'm now switching the box over to the F3 (using the killer rack that Maurice at www.mblinnovations.com manufactures).

I'm having difficulty locating the proper positions along the wire harness to insert the Positap connectors. Between a black box module that has white brake light wire and brown tail light wire running in one side, and yellow/green turn signal wires coming out the other, plus the basic right hand side and left hand side pigtails that run from the module to the separate halves of the tail light assembly, I'm playing hit-and-miss with finding the correct place to "splice" into the harness so the three functions are correct.

So far, all the LEDs light up, but not quite as intended.

Anyone gone down this route who can help?

TIA

Pete
    From Admore: +12V & ground made at accessory plug under passenger seat. All other connections made just before the BFM. Strip back a bit of tape and use positaps. Worked great for me and has about 3500 miles on it and still ticking as it should. Hope this helps.

AdMore LEDV56-T-TS Function Spyder

Red Switched +12v OG
    Black Ground BK
    Blue Brake light mode WH
    Green Right turn indicator BN/YE
    Yellow Left turn indicator GY/PK

Bob

Spyder Garage

Default close, but no cookie

Bob:

I appreciate the assistance, and get the basic concept.

However, the AdMore cable I am connecting has SIX wires in it, and in it the purple one is the brake light function; there's both a red and blue, which AdMore says go to a common 12V feed connection.

I believe I've done as they and you suggest, with regard to the BFM module (or at least what I presume to be the BFM module!), but I'm getting yellow flashing LEDs for brake instead of a red LED consisting of three short flashes and then solid red.

I've written AdMOre tech for clarification with regard to my particular product.
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

I'm dredging up Pete's thread. Wondered if anyone, since Pete had, successfully migrated an Admore equipped Givi Top case from another bike to their F3-S.

I've had the Givi V46 and Admore's LEDV46-T-TS (CG) LIGHT KIT mounted to my Honda NT700 for several years and the Admore kit lights all work as advertised. Moving the Givi case to the F3S, I used the info from Bob per this thread, to determine where the power, ground, brake and turn signals should be connected (prior to the BFM). I used posi-taps to make the connections. I've used a test light at the posi-taps, and brake and signals all come on as expected. Next, connecting the Admore tunk lights, showed they sorta work... I get no running lights. Brake lights work, but turn signals only work when the brake is on. That indicates to me the trunk case turn signals are not seeing ground unless the brake lights are on. Maybe similar issue with the running light function. I've tried using the 12V battery dirctly for 12V and GND, but all acts the same. I tried picking up the turn signal from just before the bulb, and reaction is the same. Wonder if this disfunction has something to do with the CAN Bus.

I did set the Givi case up so it could be moved to either motorcycle by using a 5 pin (prewired) waterproof set of connectors. Once installed on both cycles, I tested it on the NT700 to make sure everything worked as before, and all is good.

I'll contact Admore for some help, but would appreciate any wisdom from the group, I'm OK with vehicle electrics, but electronics is not a strength. I'm hoping there is a solution to allow the tunk to be easily shared between cycles.

Spyder daily driver - 2015 F3S magnesium - grocery getter
    BajaRon swaybar, Shad sidecases and Givi top case with Admore kits, adjustable brake rod, LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, FOBO TPMS, F4 Customs windscreen and bump skid
    Front Tires - 175/55R-15 Yokohama AVID S34FA SL
    Rear - General Altima RT45

Spyder touring buddy (White-Whale) - 2018 RTL pearlescent white - set up for touring and local dates with SWMBO.
    LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, Spyder cuff, FOBO TPMS, driver adjustable backrest, rear view mirror LED turn signals, and Eastern Beaver PC-8R fuse box. Baja Ron Ultra Sway Bar on the way.

Front Tires - Stock Kendas

Other motorcycle transport - 2010 Honda NT700VA Deauville and assorted vintage Japanese bikes

Spyder Garage

Default Moving a Givi top case with an Admore lighting kit to your F3

For anyone who tries this, and you have a 5-wire Admore harness, instead of 6, you'll likely have an issue like I did..

After no response from the forum, I contacted Admore last Saturday, and they emailed me early this morning, Monday. The tech asked whether I had a 5 or 6 wire harness, and I replied it is a 5. He responded within 30 minutes and told me to swap 2 wires. Success! I'll not say what the change was, it was a bit odd, and if anyone has a similar issue, please contact Admore on their website under support, or at support@admorelighting.com with your specific case and harness. I wouldn't want to give misleading advice.

Kudos to them for such a quick reply and solution!

Today I'm ordering Admore's kit for the Shad 36 side cases I just got from Sid's in Florida (great service there too). Installed them yesterday to replace the Corbins, which wouldn't work with my top case and rack.. I also didn't like the Corbin look. I'll post them for sale (pickup in SoCal hopefully) soon..
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-15-2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

BajaRon swaybar, Shad sidecases and Givi top case with Admore kits, adjustable brake rod, LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, FOBO TPMS, F4 Customs windscreen and bump skid

Spyder touring buddy (White-Whale) - 2018 RTL pearlescent white - set up for touring and local dates with SWMBO.
    LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, Spyder cuff, FOBO TPMS, driver adjustable backrest, rear view mirror LED turn signals, and Eastern Beaver PC-8R fuse box. Baja Ron Ultra Sway Bar on the way.

Other motorcycle transport - 2010 Honda NT700VA Deauville and assorted vintage Japanese bikes

Spyder Garage

Did the advice help you swap the cords? I have a similar problem appeared tonight and I do not know what to do. Besides, when I was already approaching my house, my headlights stopped working. It's good that we recently installed decorative street lights from trimthatweed.com. And I was able to drive home to their light. My house is in the woods and there is no lighting. So I almost had an accident because of this breakdown. I will be glad if you can tell me how to eliminate it quickly. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikthebik View Post

Today I'm ordering Admore's kit for the Shad 36 side cases I just got from Sid's in Florida (great service there too). Installed them yesterday to replace the Corbins, which wouldn't work with my top case and rack.. I also didn't like the Corbin look. I'll post them for sale (pickup in SoCal hopefully) soon..
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

I have considered the Admore kit for my Shad SH36 side cases. The problem I had was removing the red reflector lens covered. Removed the screws, and tried prying to remove the panel which accesses them, but was afraid I would break them. I didn't have success with a remedy from Admore. Let me know how you make out. Thanks

Rick
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

RickWB,

I have the Admore lights in my SH36 bags on my F3S, and the lenses do not lift out, they slide out.

Let me know if you need any assistance with the wiring. You will need to tap into the wiring prior to the light module to get turn signals and 4 ways
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Ok, I should be home in March, so will take a go at the reflectors. Thanks
    2019 F3 base
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards

Spyder Garage

Two subjects here.

First, the wiring switch I had to make. The original Admore kit was for the Givi V46 Topbox. It had been installed several years ago on my Honda NT700 and I set it up on the F3S, with the Baker rack.
    The Admore kit wired to the V46 was a slightly older model with different controller than the newer universal kit they sell for the Can Am Spyders. The wire swap that was advised was to swapt the red (+) and blue (brake light) wire connection. In other words, connect the blue brake light Admore wire to switched power and the red Admore power wire to the brake wire on the Spyder. This will only work if the Admore kit is the earlier version. I did get the SH 36 bags and the new Admore kit was initially connected the same way the Givi case was. It did not work. I switched the red and blue Admore wires to match the instructions, for just the SH 36 kit, and all works well now.

Second subject is the lens removal for the Shad cases. I found the Admore instructions regarding the top cover removal to be incorrect. To get to the lense, the top cover must be removed from the case. They state there is adhesive on the lower edge of the cover that can be softened with heat to release that edge. I tried that and finally after much prying on the top edge to remove the cover, found no susch adhesive. Before attempting the removal, you can view a
    Shad video I found describing the replacement of the cover at: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTgFNoCKCg&autoplay=1 Note that the ease they demonstrate in the removal I found a bit comical, but the concept is the same.
    The covers are ABS plastic and should not break, but they are secured at the upper and lower edges with lips that fit into grooves and either very strong fingers (my 78 year old ones weren't up to it) or some levers are needed.
    See the image below.

SH36 cover removal.jpg

Once the kits were installed and working correctly, I decided to order what Shad describes as red reflectors. It turns out these red reflectors are really lenses, unlike the mostly opaque pearl white reflectors that come with the cases.
    I was prepared to attempt removing paint from the white ones, but waited for the red ones to be delivered, which unfortunately took almos a month from a company in Spain. Their delivery estimate turned out to be wildly optimistic,
    although shipping was free... The red lenses, listed as reflectors, are available from Shad USA, which I would have done despite increased cost, had I known the shipping time from Spain.. Next image shows the kit and lenses attached. You can see the square LEDs through the red lense that form the lighting pattern. Note the turn signals show yellow, Brakes and running lights show red. Nice setup.

SH36 Red lense.jpg
    Last edited by mikthebik; 01-17-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your write-up. I got as far as trying to pry the covers apart, but as you stated, Admore indicated the adhesive. At the point of breaking something, I quit the procedure. You and Camper Mac were also helpful with the wiring. I like the red reflectors.

I may go ahead with the Admore system when I get home in March.

Rick
    2019 F3 base
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards

Spyder Garage

I too, order the red lenses from Spain, and yes almost a month to get them. When I get home in a couple of weeks, i am going to have a go at installing them. I may have more questions, but how did you run the wiring to the red lenses?

Thanks,
    Rick
    2019 F3 base
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards

Spyder Garage

Got my Admore light kit Thursday and installed yesterday. Thanks to campermac and others who assisted. Pleased with the outcome.

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg
    Last edited by RickWB; 04-23-2022 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added photos
    2019 F3 base
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards