Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default where can i tap into the "accessory" positive lead?

Installed a radio & need to tap into the accessory lead so that when i put the bike in accessory mode, the radio will stay on ...also need the radio to power off when the key is off.

I tried every regular fuse in the 2 fuse boxes in the front trunk & none meet the 2 requirements listed above.

2014 spyder st

thanks!!

Spyder Garage

The best way to do that is to tap any line that is hot with key on (park lights for example) and install a relay that pulls the power directly from the battery. I would install a fuse between the relay and the radio to protect the wiring. Relays take very little power to operate so it will not overload and existing circuit. To avoid computer issues it is wise to put a diode between the tap and the relay or be sure the relay has a built in diode.

Good luck

Spyder Garage

So I am to assume you installed an aftermarket radio instead of a OE one. I would use the OE power. It will give you what you want.

The OE radio is powered by fuse 3, 15 amp, in the right fuse box. That goes to the tail on a 16 gauge light blue with red tracer wire. You can pick it up at connector CIC1. Pin position k. CIC1 is a 10 pin GT 150 connector. Located just above the tail pan above the back wheel.
    Last edited by billybovine; 07-29-2016 at 04:37 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED