Spyder Garage

Default Atlanta Dealer Question

I purchased my 2014 Spyder from Mountain Motorsports in Marietta. Is there an alternative to Mountain Motorsports in the Atlanta area that members here have had good experience with? Looking for a 2016-7 RT. Thank you.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Default Extreme Propulsion

Extreme Propulsion - Cartersville 770-386-9430

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SMAUG View Post
    Extreme Propulsion - Cartersville 770-386-9430
    I agree ^^^^
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Agree.

Spyder Garage

talk to the folks at MMS - Kennesaw. they seem to run the business (service) very differently (in a good way).

Spyder Garage

Does MMS-Kennasaw have the same tech when it was the previous dealer?

Spyder Garage

I have had great work done at Gainsville. They actually act like they want your business. More cost effective than Mountain Motosports.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I used MMS in Conyers. They were pretty nice and knowledgeable for what i had done. They serviced my bike and let me leave it at the dealer a few weeks after it was done, to send off my rim to be chromed. That was my first time going there and i was pleased with the service. They are about a 2 hour drive from me and i was glad the service was good.
    2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    My last run in with them had a young kid (probably in his mid to late 20's) working as the Can-am technician for the Spyders. I was not impressed when after my back tire was replaced he delivered my RT with the belt on the far outside edge of the sprocket. I questioned it and he said as long as it's on the sprocket it's fine to be on the outer edge. I disagreed and he re-positioned it in the middle of the sprocket. I still was not happy but got it the hell out of there. I'm not sure if he even measured the tension on the belt or aligned the back wheel properly. Just not sure and will end up doing some adjustments myself.
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Thanks for your responses, I'll run up to Extreme.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rgk View Post
    Thanks for your responses, I'll run up to Extreme.
    Good choice. They are not the cheapest around, but their work is outstanding.

Spyder Garage

Default Dealership

I like MMS in Conyers too! The Spyder Tech is very Knowledgeable and does really Good work, I will take mine there anytime and recommend them.

Midnightbreeze

Spyder Garage

Default Kemmesaw tech

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    No, Mitch went with Yamaha. He was great, but they have an experienced tech, Mike, and he does excellent work also. You will be happy with him or Cartersville, both are super.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Extreme Propulsion

I am in the process of getting a 2016 RT-S there and they have been wonderful to work with(new grandchild with wife out of town and they are holding it until she returns this week). Over the last year I have gone to several Can Am dealers and interviewed them to see if they were typical salesman's just wanting to sell you something and move on or if the really wanted your business both in sales and service. By far Extreme Propulsion came way out on top of all the other dealers. I spent 3 1/2 hours with them the first time I walked in the door. A year later they know me by name. (I hope that is a good thing) Are they cheep - nope but, they are on target with all of the others and I still believe that you get what you pay for. I want my bike to be fixed right the first time and not have to go back whining to the dealership. So far, I have not heard one bad thing about Extreme Propulsion and every time I go in I feel as if I am part of a family. I feel that you will not go wrong with them...........
    Randy

Spyder Garage

Not impressed with MMS of Conyers. There pricey. On there service and not too good at providingg service . I like cycle city in Newnan. They act as if they want your work.

Spyder Garage

This particular thread is from 7/28/2016

Information given may no longer be correct.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-27-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red