Thread: Mystery Part

Spyder Garage

Default Mystery Part

I had the right side panels off to install Ron's sway bar and then noticed this small part laying on the floor. It is like the protector you put on edge of the door on a car so that when you open it it does nick the paint if the door opens into something. Any idea where this goes?
    IMG_0151.jpgIMG_0150.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting. ...

I have a 2012 RS much the same as the RSS and don't remember that part.. you sure it came off the spyder..?? will watch this and see if someone knows....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is from an ST?

There is something like that on the RT that goes on that seam edge of the gas tank to keep the side panels from chafing against it. Mine always falls off. Could be.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 07-28-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Edge of the tank protector

Thanks Snowbelt (you must be in the north - not as far north as me I expect - I live in the most populated northern city in the world - yes that is Edmonton Alberta Canada.

Yes it is for an 2014 ST Ltd.

I suspect you are correct but what a stupid way to do this as the glue inside the strip is all hard and my bike is barely 1 year old with only about 4500 mi on it. I suspect the heat underneath the panels dries the glue up quickly. I only had the middle side panels off so I assume that this fell off from higher up behind the upper side panel as I don't think I could even see the gas tank with just the middle side panels off. Be interested to see if anyone else chimes in to confirm your thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    This is from an ST?

There is something like that on the RT that goes on that seam edge of the gas tank to keep the side panels from chafing against it. Mine always falls off. Could be.
    Last edited by Gcclubs; 07-28-2016 at 04:29 PM.