Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Pulls To The Right

My Spyder continues to pull to the right even after a laser alignment. I understand that some others on the forum here have had the same problem, caused by defective front tires.

I bought my 2014 RTL Spyder in January of 2015, in the winter so it didn’t get driven until the next spring a few months later. I ryde only on weekends so I don’t get a chance to put a lot of miles on it so it took a few months for the pull to the right to get more noticeable. By the time it became very noticeable it was time for the first service at 3,000 miles and I had them do the laser alignment, thinking that would take care of the problem, however there was no improvement.

After a few weeks I took the Spyder back to the dealer and they determined that it did indeed pull to the right and there was no problem with the alignment. They swapped the front tires and the problem went away, or possibly started pulling to the left, not sure which they said/meant.

The dealer checked with BRP and BRP said the tires were out of warranty. The manual says the tires have a 6 month warranty on them.

I now have a Spyder with just over 3,000 miles on it that needs new front tires and BRP won’t take care of their defect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get BRP off their backside and take care of their problem?

Thank you to all my fellow spyder ryders for your help!
    Last edited by kd5ccb; 07-27-2016 at 09:36 PM.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had to have my front tires changed out at 400 miles. BRP covered it. Had an alynment done and got 14,500 miles out of the front tires. Just had new tires put on and another alynment.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PULLS TO THE RIGHT

That s*cks, but it may not be worth the effort to try and get them to reverse that decision .......The good news is a Good pair of CAR tires should only cost you approx. $ 150 to 175 .......and could last you 30,000 + miles ..............Does your dealer have the Rolo / Outlaw Lazer Alignment System .......if not the one BRP uses is not very accurate ....... As a good will gesture maybe your dealer will mount and balance the CAR tires for you ..................good luck.......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How many weights are on each of your tires?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Is the tire pressure exactly the same on both front tires? When I first got my Spyder it pulled to one side, the tech said your tire pressures were not the same so I came up with the Dual Fill. Still had the problem so the tech checked the steering sensor and it was not centered... he reset it then no more problem.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Is the tire pressure exactly the same on both front tires? When I first got my Spyder it pulled to one side, the tech said your tire pressures were not the same so I came up with the Dual Fill. Still had the problem so the tech checked the steering sensor and it was not centered... he reset it then no more problem.

JT
    That is a good point JT. I have been seeing someone posting on Facebook that he intentionally runs his tire pressure 2 pounds lower on one side. Says it corrects for the crown of the road. If your tire pressure is off more than 1/2 pound from side to side you may notice handling problems. Your dual fill will eliminate that issue.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622