Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Red face

hi guys this is my first post here from aus.
    my rt2014 ltd had the same issue on the right side.i lifted the rear boot lid and looked down into the gap to see the cable,i hooked a right angle screw drive under the cable and pulled some tension on it as i pulled the handle release.this popped the side pod lid.
    next i lifted the side panel under the seat and found no adjustment at the catch end so i slid a really thin small cable tye.zip tye at the end of the cable to take some free movent out of the cable.it works great.
    its fiddly as i didnt take out the catch assy, but worked a treat

cheers stu

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking that we are reaching a new high/low in insulting or otherwise denigrating other folks on this forum, not to mention hijacking threads and useless rhetoric, which is not what it was created for. I think we should all keep our dirty laundry in our own washing machines. If someone wants to bash someone else, do it via PM. Otherwise, we should just zip it, or click "ignore".
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 07-28-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    hi guys this is my first post here from aus.
    my rt2014 ltd had the same issue on the right side.i lifted the rear boot lid and looked down into the gap to see the cable,i hooked a right angle screw drive under the cable and pulled some tension on it as i pulled the handle release.this popped the side pod lid.
    next i lifted the side panel under the seat and found no adjustment at the catch end so i slid a really thin small cable tye.zip tye at the end of the cable to take some free movent out of the cable.it works great.
    its fiddly as i didnt take out the catch assy, but worked a treat

cheers stu
    There are adjustments on the cable that can be done. There are threaded adjusters on the cable.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You just need to remove the back panel from the bike, and they'll be right in front of you.
    (Eight screws: two at the top of each saddlebag compartment, and the four outside ones that are under the trunklid.)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My saddlebags opened just fine until I had Tricled lights installed in the saddlebag reflectors. I think moving the Tupperware around moved the latching mechanisms out of alignment just a skosh. But no problem -- I just bump the bag with my thigh and it pops open.

I suppose the more mechanically inclined can open things up and adjust the fit......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Give them a bump, and they open just fine...
    (Curiously: my right saddlebag opens perfectly; the left one needs the 'bump'.)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You just need to remove the back panel from the bike, and they'll be right in front of you.
    (Eight screws: two at the top of each saddlebag compartment, and the four outside ones that are under the trunklid.)
    Be careful with the back panel. I broke off a tab when I installed my rear lights and now I have to glue it back on.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy6Guns View Post
    Be careful with the back panel. I broke off a tab when I installed my rear lights and now I have to glue it back on.
    How did you do that I have had mine off several times now and nothing broke yet..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy6Guns View Post
    So did I... Don't worry about it: the single tab remaining, will stabilize the panel once it bolted in place.