Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    Ok, I understand your reasons, but the only vehicles I ever owned with CC have been Fords and they don't have a cancel button, unless it's the upper end ones which I've never owned.
    I have had "cancel" buttons on all my cruise controls in my cars for at least the last 10 years....and there is also one on my Victory Vision (throttle roll off) which I have had for 5 years.....and the Vision is cheaper than the Spyder. I thought it was on all cc equiped bikes. The Spyder doesn't have this? Thanks for the info, that could have been embarrassing

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Ok, I understand your reasons, but the only vehicles I ever owned with CC have been Fords and they don't have a cancel button, unless it's the upper end ones which I've never owned.
    We have a Ford Fusion(not high end). In the left cluster of buttons on the steering wheel, there is a button labeled "CAN/RES". This is your cancel button.
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bobleach45 View Post
    I'd like to have it also. HD has the right idea, just roll the throttle forward and it's off. Hit resume when you want it again. Much better. Than having to tap the brake. JMHO.
    Goldwings(GL1800) do that too.
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Spyderman View Post
    We have a Ford Fusion(not high end). In the left cluster of buttons on the steering wheel, there is a button labeled "CAN/RES". This is your cancel button.
    Left side on my Ranger is on and off, on the right side is top to bottom is Res, Set, -Cst. Next time I use it it I will try hitting the Res and see if it cancels it. I may learn something new. I never saw the need for all these fancy gadgets til I got older, always manual trans and crank windows and key lock doors.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I wanted to verify this before posting and I was able to tonight on a nice long ryde.
    Once cruise control is set you can click up or down and each time you will go up or down aprox. 1 mph
    If you hold the button in the up position you will gradually accelerate until you let go.
    If you hold the button in the down position, the byke will gradually and smoothly slow down. May not be a cancel, but if I have traffic coming up I can hold it down to match their speed. Sometimes, if they are moving too slow I have to apply the brake.

I rarely use my brakes on the highway when approaching slower moving cars. A lot of factors come to play; how big a difference in speed, how far away is the traffic behind me, etc.

Anyway, something to play around with....

Spyder Garage

Left side on my Ranger is on and off, on the right side is top to bottom is Res, Set, -Cst. Next time I use it it I will try hitting the Res and see if it cancels it. I may learn something new. I never saw the need for all these fancy gadgets til I got older, always manual trans and crank windows and key lock doors.
    Well I tried it on the way home from work and so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, the CC in my cage and the CC on my Spyder both work the same way.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Do you have a cancel button for the CC in your cage? If not what makes the spyders CC so different that you need one on it? I don't understand why anybody would think this a faulty design.
    All the cars I've owned with Cruise Control can be canceled by pushing a button and don't require hitting the brake or a clutch.
    To restart the system, you need to reengage the speed setting by hitting the resume button.
    On the Spyder, the same function is performed using the on/off switch instead of tapping the brake.
    In my personal opinion, that seems very adequate. Living in the North East, I get very little opportunity to use the CC on any vehicle.
    Nevertheless, the OP wants what he wants, and is entitled to his opinion. If enough people back him, then BRP may make the change.
    I got a bag of crap from the forum when I recommended to have the average MPG and Distance To Empty shown on the LCD Display. I got comments about doing math in my head, and no one has needed it until now.
    I would not, however, consider the cruise control to have a design flaw.
    These are complicated and expensive machines. There will always be possible refinements.
    Now that damn windshield arm................ THAT'S a design flaw.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My reason for wanting this is, when cruising down the highway and you see traffic slowing ahead or you want to just slow down for reduced speed zone, tapping a cancel switch makes sense rather than tapping the brakes.
    [/QUOTE]

I find it easy, if paying attention to what's up ahead, to use the down tap on the switch to go to a slower speed. Also I find it easy to tap the break than I can just hit resume.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I agree "downshifting" will turn off the cruise but that will cause a more rapid deceleration. It's too bad that BRP just didn't allow for one more up shift (already in 6th gear) to cancel the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you turn the throttle up, before downshifting, you won't experience "rapid deceleration" - in fact, you should do that. From my Owners Guide:

downshifting.jpg

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)