Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT-S Battery Replacement

Can anyone point me to the correct battery replacement for a 2014 RT-S? When I try and search on EBay and other sites, I don't get a good response or what seems to be correct...where I am going with that is the "BS" at the end of the model numbers. I've read where you don't want that with these batteries, but it seems like I don't have a choice. I'm hoping to just use a OEM replacement (Yuasa) but I could be persuaded to use something else if the price is in line.

Please help!
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Default Stick with the Yuasa....

Have done a lot of batteries on motorcycles of all breeds. Yuasa is the best one by far. The new light wieght ones may work better on the triple (easier to turn over) than the twin. But really....your worried about a few pounds difference..?? your spyder can handle it.... what did you do that you need a new battery on a 2014...?? The big issue was with the models that carry the battery on its side....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Any auto parts store can get you what you need.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The correct battery model is listed in your owner's manual... Stick with Yuasa.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Batteries plus

Ann' s battery failed on her 14. Swung into batteries plus, got a replacement with a big warranty, 80 bucks, had to modify by bending the retention plate on top. Took at least 2 minutes. Hooked it up, put it in, and still going strong! More importantly, if it fails, plenty of Batteries plus stores around! L I batteries are usually good 10 years, but cost more. This one is a AGM type battery. Works great! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Have done a lot of batteries on motorcycles of all breeds. Yuasa is the best one by far. The new light wieght ones may work better on the triple (easier to turn over) than the twin. But really....your worried about a few pounds difference..?? your spyder can handle it.... what did you do that you need a new battery on a 2014...?? The big issue was with the models that carry the battery on its side....
    It has always started rough...like the cca is not strong enough. Sometimes I wonder if it's going to leave me stranded. I have tried the battery tender, but I ride it enough week to week that I shouldn't have to keep it charged.
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The correct battery model is listed in your owner's manual... Stick with Yuasa.
    Oh yeah, duh! Lol. I'm such am idiot (Chris Farley)...stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA

Spyder Garage

Default Just like my battery

Brian, my battery also sounds weak, but I decided that's just the way it is. I'll watch this thread. Let's compare our cranking sounds next time we're together.

A battery on my GL1500 failed at a very inopportune time, so I got a new battery for my GL1800 at about 4 years. When I sold the GL1800 after 7 years the new owner got an unused battery still in the box. I'm hoping this battery will last another couple of years.

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kay View Post
    It has always started rough...like the cca is not strong enough. Sometimes I wonder if it's going to leave me stranded. I have tried the battery tender, but I ride it enough week to week that I shouldn't have to keep it charged.
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

Might have the starter checked. May be dragging. Have seen the magnets come unglued...rare but happens...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There are folks on here who vehemently insist you get a factory filled battery and not a bottle fill. Don't let the bottle fill aspect deter you from buying one. But there are two cautions you MUST pay attention to. First, be very, very, careful handling the acid, but if you diligently follow the instructions you won't have a problem. It's no big deal, IMO. Second, and this apparently is very important and can impact life significantly, is to let the acid soak into the plates for at least 24 hours BEFORE hooking up a charger. With proper handling, a proper soak, and a gentle first charge you'll have a long lasting battery in your machine.

I ordered online a Yuasa for my Honda ATV from someone in Florida but it was shipped from a distributor 40 miles away! Search the 'net and buy the best price you can find. And yes, the Yuasa is one piece of OEM equipment that is well worth buying as a replacement.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was at a different 'puter last evening.
    Here's the one that you want:

Yuasa YTX24HL-BS

Spyder Garage

-BS indicates that the battery is dry and Bottle Supplied acid is in the box with the battery, as IdahoMtnSpyder suggests.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    I think that purchasing a factory pre-filled version is important if you have a bike with the battery located at the rear of the bike, and it's installed laying on its side...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! [emoji106]
    I think that purchasing a factory pre-filled version is important if you have a bike with the battery located at the rear of the bike, and it's installed laying on its side...
    I could be wrong but I don't think there is any difference between factory filled & BS once it's filled & sealed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that there'd be much difference either...

...But I do think that the older bikes took the pre-filled battery.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BATTERY - AND IT'S LIFE

I was at a different 'puter last evening.
    Here's the one that you want:

Yuasa YTX24HL-BS
    ..... Plus if you get it without the acid .....THERE IS NO WAY - SOMEONE SCREWED UP CHARGING IT ..... and you discover this until farther down the road so to speak ..........JMHO.......Mike

Spyder Garage

There is nothing wrong with buying bottle filled battery. In fact it will be the freshest battery you can get. The problem will be is if the bottle filled is prepared correctly. Will the store selling the battery take the day to prepare it. Is the customer willing to wait a day for the battery to be properly prepared. The factory filled battery is just more convenient.

https://youtu.be/Xpg10yp4duo

2018 F3 LIMITED