Thread: 2nd antenna

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2nd antenna

Been a long time since I was on here...good to be back...I want to add an antenna to the left side just for cosmetic looks. I lost my owners manual and scanning thru the huge service manual isn't getting me anywhere. How do I get to that side to add the antenna?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Your going to have some problems .... the OEM antennae is mounted in a solid block of metal that is fastened into the POD .... imho that's not going to work on the left side .......There is a CB antennae for the left side but it doesn't match.......Soooooo you will have to design your own mount to attach the Antennae to ................Unless someone has another IDEA .....Mike ......................PS the aftermarket parts people have " FICHE'S " that show how all the parts go together .....so look there to see..............
    Oh Mike, Mike, Mike. Sometimes I wish you would dig deeper before you write. The antenna block for the CB is the same as for the radio. The antenna is different but the mounting stud is identical. All the OP needs do is buy the radio block, antenna, and boot. The left boot is different but this thread discusses how to make it work. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?85053-CB-antenna-boot

Look in the section about disassembling the cargo module for info how to get to the antenna mounting location. Or go to http://instructions.brp.com/e-instruction.html#tab=2 and download the instructions for CB radio.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Since it's cosmetic change out the original to a Walmart $4 shorty, get two and then on the other side just drill a hole in the plastic, thread a piece of metal and with the adapter, screw it into the piece of metal under the tupperware.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.