Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Would You Go Back?

Well folks as the title suggests, would you go back to riding a bike??? Also why did you choose the Spyder???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco068 View Post
    Well folks as the title suggests, would you go back to riding a bike??? Also why did you choose the Spyder???

Would I go back?
    Well if i could have my 20 year old body back I would probably have a two wheeler parked beside my spyder.

Why Spyder?
    From the first time I saw this amazing vehicle going around a test track I knew I wanted one.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Spyder Garage

If i had the money and room i would have a Goldwing plus the Spyder.I do miss the leaning in he corners and the torque of the Wing but also like the Spyder as you never worry about gravel or oil in a turn.Both are great in their own way.Plus the wife can ride the Spyder but not the Wing.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

I bought a new 09 GS six years ago. I rode it about six months then went back to two wheels. Now, with back issues I'm back on a Spyder. It appears I will be on three wheels from now on, and that ain't a bad thing!
    To God Be The Glory!

Spyder Garage

My knees went to hell in my 40's and I thought my riding days were over. At 65, my wife insisted I buy a Spyder - I had just retired and had time on my hands.

Not only do I love it, I don't think I'd go back, even if medical science could fix my knees. I've been in twisties, right after a thunderstorm blew through, where, as I leaned into a hairpin turn, I saw gravel all over the road that would have, most probably, put me down on a two-wheeler at the speed I was going.

Nope - my love affair with my Spyder is here to stay - no desire to go back to two wheels.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No way would I go back. If I had to, I'd have to stop ryding. I never felt proficient enough to ride two-wheels very far, didn't like the Tri-Glide, so Spyder is it for me.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Hard to say...I have been on two wheelers all my life, well until four years ago, and worked and owned shops in two continents. I sold it all and resigned myself to remodeling our house and starting over, caring for my mom and helping the kids get started. The wife is the reason I got the spyder. she said we live in this fantastic ryding area, the kids are off, we need to get back on the road. Saw a commercial for the spyder and that was that. Would I go back...Don't think so, well really I know so....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If my body would go back to what it was 20 years ago, I'd go back to two wheels in a heartbeat.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

I did.

Spyder Garage

Well I guess I'm Lucky. I still ride leaners and even have a WR250R enduro racing bike which I still ride. I ride a new R1200R LC BMW a couple times a week. I have had knee replacements, severe neck and back problems and numerous surgeries, but will never give up two wheels even If I need to go back to a scooter which I started on in 1951.

I am 76 now and been riding since I was 11. (Cushman/Harley Hummer) Yea I know that's 65 years that I have never been without a two wheeled ride. It's in my DNA and I will never give it up. We are more comfortable on the Spyder when riding two up and use it for "Rally's" but at home and locally we mix it up with 2 & 3 wheels.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I don't miss 2 wheels!! I first seen a Spyder upclose in '09 at a four wheeler event that Can Am had a trailer at. A GS went putzing by and I just looked and thought to myself that I was going to have one someday!! I bought one in 2013 and another in 2014 for my wife. We love them and won't have anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Both

Ride three wheel and two wheel M/Cs [not at the same time] - as years go by, no doubt, more on three......

Spyder Garage

Default Wouldn't go back

Nope even if someone gave me another 2 wheeler I wouldn't go back. I love the comfort and the fact that I am able to relax and just ride. I don't worry about the sand, stones, pot holes and wet roads anymore. Obviously I still have to keep an eye out but I can watch the landscape a little more and just feel free. I am in with the others that got bit on their first test ryde. No looking back. Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Default Are you kidding me???

The bike I rode before my Spyder I had to peddle!!! No way plus I would need a three wheeler in that "model" also!!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default no more two wheels

Always had a wing or other two wheelers since I was 15. I'm now almost 60, Have a plate in my left foot. So on long rides the foot gets to hurting and goes numb at times. So There's just no way to go back on two wheels. Besides my wife loves our rt to much. And she can drive it if she needs to if something happens to me.

Spyder Garage

call me crazy, because i don't ride as much as i used to, and my bike is at the dealer on a consignment sale, but i would like to go back to two wheels. here is why, out of all the bikes i have had, i never owned a Harley. i was never comfortable on them with the floorboards, but i have always loved the looks and sound of them.
    i went to see the VROD MUSCLE, in red, and fell in love with it. if i had the money for a bike i wouldn't ride too much, i would buy that bike in a heart beat.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I did!

My intention was to get a spyder about 2-3 years from now. Well, in fall of 2014 I had a little incident on one of my 2 wheelers. My wife was against me riding again, so I showed up one day with my new spyder. Well, after a year and a half, I finally convinced her that I missed 2 wheels and I should purchase another. So, 2 weeks ago, I picked up another M109R to go along with my spyder. Now all is well again.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default I still have a 2 wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco068 View Post
    I still have a two wheeler that I use for work and an occasional ride, but I get bored after 50 miles and go back to the
    LEON
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Spyder Garage

I love my Spyder and I love to ride it. It is the most fun I've had since I left 2 wheels. Yes I would go back to two wheels if I could. Medical problems and my wife's refusal to ride on 2 wheels keep me on three and I am happy with the 3 wheeler I chose.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Well that's a resounding no. Just as I suspected folks. I have some serious pondering to do over the next four years, mainly in regards to loosing 500cc's. On the other hand the Spyders milage and comfort puts my current ride to shame.

Spyder Garage

In a nanosecond. Bought Spyder to keep us on the road without too much concern for low back follies. If I could hold up a new GoldWing ,or shucks, my '07 Wing, Spyder would be sooo gone.
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

I still have two Harleys (1942 WLA, 1990FLHTC) and a Ural that I ride fairly regularly. And if my wife didn't ride with me I probably not have a Spyder now. But I am getting more used to it.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i love my i also have a yamaha scooter that i enjoy riding. next year i am going to get rid of the yamaha
    & buy a new indian scout but no way am i getting rid of my .

Spyder Garage

Default Good question

I miss my two wheel days a lot. I had a st1300 Honda, yes I would go back if I could, The Rt-s is a good alternative for those like myself that have back issues.

Spyder Garage

If my hip would permit, I would have two wheels in my stable, as well as a . I miss the lean on two wheels.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red