Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Would You Go Back?

Well folks as the title suggests, would you go back to riding a bike??? Also why did you choose the Spyder???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco068 View Post
    Well folks as the title suggests, would you go back to riding a bike??? Also why did you choose the Spyder???

Would I go back?
    Well if i could have my 20 year old body back I would probably have a two wheeler parked beside my spyder.

Why Spyder?
    From the first time I saw this amazing vehicle going around a test track I knew I wanted one.

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Spyder Garage

If i had the money and room i would have a Goldwing plus the Spyder.I do miss the leaning in he corners and the torque of the Wing but also like the Spyder as you never worry about gravel or oil in a turn.Both are great in their own way.Plus the wife can ride the Spyder but not the Wing.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

I bought a new 09 GS six years ago. I rode it about six months then went back to two wheels. Now, with back issues I'm back on a Spyder. It appears I will be on three wheels from now on, and that ain't a bad thing!
    To God Be The Glory!

Spyder Garage

My knees went to hell in my 40's and I thought my riding days were over. At 65, my wife insisted I buy a Spyder - I had just retired and had time on my hands.

Not only do I love it, I don't think I'd go back, even if medical science could fix my knees. I've been in twisties, right after a thunderstorm blew through, where, as I leaned into a hairpin turn, I saw gravel all over the road that would have, most probably, put me down on a two-wheeler at the speed I was going.

Nope - my love affair with my Spyder is here to stay - no desire to go back to two wheels.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No way would I go back. If I had to, I'd have to stop ryding. I never felt proficient enough to ride two-wheels very far, didn't like the Tri-Glide, so Spyder is it for me.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McNally View Post
    My knees went to hell in my 40's and I thought my riding days were over. At 65, my wife insisted I buy a Spyder - I had just retired and had time on my hands.

Not only do I love it, I don't think I'd go back, even if medical science could fix my knees.
    Dan, Hayrog, and all ...

my knees went in an industrial accident when I was 17 years old. Two compound fractures with LOTs of bone missing in the dirt of the factory floor ...

When the surgeons were done (finally after my 21st birthday) my one leg is about 1" shorter than my other leg and this other leg had a 13 degree deflection. 13 degrees doesn't sound like much but I was so bowlegged I couldn't "stop a pig in an alley'.

That never stopped me and I have owned many many BMW motorcycles since. I just walked a little crooked.

Finally at about 60 years old my knees succumbed to osteoarthritis.

So I bought a 2014 Spider ... But then I could only walk a few hundred feet to where it was parked or I would have to sit down and wait until the pain subsided.

Enough of this.

Since then I have had BOTH knees replaced. What a miracle. The two legs are not only straight but absolutely no pain no matter how long I walk. The legs although they are all scarred up from all of the surgeries are simply beautiful to me.

All I say is go get them knees replaced. A couple days of pain and about a month of rehab and I am good to go ... No kidding it was just that simple.

Now I can use my BMWs or Spider but I find my Spider supremely comfortable to ride and it comes out most often.
    Last edited by blitzkreig; 07-27-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

I don't miss 2 wheels!! I first seen a Spyder upclose in '09 at a four wheeler event that Can Am had a trailer at. A GS went putzing by and I just looked and thought to myself that I was going to have one someday!! I bought one in 2013 and another in 2014 for my wife. We love them and won't have anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Both

Ride three wheel and two wheel M/Cs [not at the same time] - as years go by, no doubt, more on three......

Spyder Garage

Default Wouldn't go back

Nope even if someone gave me another 2 wheeler I wouldn't go back. I love the comfort and the fact that I am able to relax and just ride. I don't worry about the sand, stones, pot holes and wet roads anymore. Obviously I still have to keep an eye out but I can watch the landscape a little more and just feel free. I am in with the others that got bit on their first test ryde. No looking back. Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Default Are you kidding me???

The bike I rode before my Spyder I had to peddle!!! No way plus I would need a three wheeler in that "model" also!!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default no more two wheels

Always had a wing or other two wheelers since I was 15. I'm now almost 60, Have a plate in my left foot. So on long rides the foot gets to hurting and goes numb at times. So There's just no way to go back on two wheels. Besides my wife loves our rt to much. And she can drive it if she needs to if something happens to me.

MelloYelloSpyder

Quote Originally Posted by AppleSpyder View Post
    Nope even if someone gave me another 2 wheeler I wouldn't go back. I love the comfort and the fact that I am able to relax and just ride. I don't worry about the sand, stones, pot holes and wet roads anymore. Obviously I still have to keep an eye out but I can watch the landscape a little more and just feel free. I am in with the others that got bit on their first test ryde. No looking back. Cindy
    Come on now. You still have to worry about potholes. How to straddle them with 3 wheels tracking in different areas of the lane. I find it much easier to avoid pot holes on a two wheeler where both wheels are on the same line versus the Spyder where they are all tracking different lines.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MelloYelloSpyder View Post
    Come on now. You still have to worry about potholes. How to straddle them with 3 wheels tracking in different areas of the lane. I find it much easier to avoid pot holes on a two wheeler where both wheels are on the same line versus the Spyder where they are all tracking different lines.
    You just need to develop your skills better!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default I still have a 2 wheeler

I still have a two wheeler that I use for work and an occasional ride, but I get bored after 50 miles and go back to the
    LEON
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Spyder Garage

I love my Spyder and I love to ride it. It is the most fun I've had since I left 2 wheels. Yes I would go back to two wheels if I could. Medical problems and my wife's refusal to ride on 2 wheels keep me on three and I am happy with the 3 wheeler I chose.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Well that's a resounding no. Just as I suspected folks. I have some serious pondering to do over the next four years, mainly in regards to loosing 500cc's. On the other hand the Spyders milage and comfort puts my current ride to shame.

Spyder Garage

In a nanosecond. Bought Spyder to keep us on the road without too much concern for low back follies. If I could hold up a new GoldWing ,or shucks, my '07 Wing, Spyder would be sooo gone.
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

I still have two Harleys (1942 WLA, 1990FLHTC) and a Ural that I ride fairly regularly. And if my wife didn't ride with me I probably not have a Spyder now. But I am getting more used to it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Would you go back?

I have no choice. Because of age and a hip replacement I did a lot of research on trikes. I discovered, in the late 80's the Dept of Public safety decided that the three (3) wheels atv's were unsafe because they had a tendency to turn over. Many deaths occurred because of this. I also discovered the death were caused by suddenly breaking and turning even on level ground.

Also, in the late 80's, some touring motorcycles were converted to trikes. (1 wheel in front and 2 wheels in the rear). Today almost of the touring motorcycles have converted to this design.

Can one imagine; the ATV'S were labeled unsafe and were discontinued and now motorcycles are being converted to the same system? A converted motorcycle traveling down the highway at 70 mph and suddenly has to stop.

This is the reason I ride a Can Am Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Default Going back to 2 wheels

Nope, it is a Balance issue with me, but when I was looking for 3 wheelers I rode a few , nothing handled like the Spyder, so here I am still Loving my Spyder, even more than the Day I brought her home, but if I had my rathers, I would have loved to check out a HD ultra Classic, Guess i'll never know.

Midnightbreeze

Spyder Garage

Default NO WAY!

I had a Honda 650 Silver Wing back in the 80's. After laying it down several times at low speed I sold it. Fast forward to 2013 and I bought my first Spyder. I loved it so much I traded this past January for a 2015 F3-S. I would not go back to two wheels and I have no physical disabilities.

2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

After surviving a serious collision when a car turned left in front of me on my Harley my two wheel days were over due to the injuries received. After research I choose the Spyder because of it design and advanced technologies. I did not want a trike that was simply a bike cut in half with an axle bolted on the back. Yes I miss the effortless turning of a 2 wheel but have come to love my Spyder. I hate to admit it but I still talk to her and give her rump a pat as I walk by her in the garage. Given where I am at now would not go back even if I could.

cheers
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The wife won't ride two wheels

I have a Spyder for rides with the wife. My 2 Wheeler's are for riding alone. I don't think the Spyder is a replacement for a motorcycle, it's something different. Fun in its own way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I rode on two wheels for years. I loved my Harley Softail. After having cancer for the third time and not being comfortable two wheels, I switched to the Spyder. My wife can ride with me again. I would buy an Indian Scout if it had a larger gas tank and lower exhaust. I do really like the semi-automatic transmission and just having a foot brake along with not having to put my feet down.