Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Replacing turn signal bulb - need help!

I decided to replace the 1156 bulbs in my 2015 Spyder RTL with LED "bulbs". After removing all of the necessary screws and body panel, I was somehow able to replace the backup light bulb (GOD, I need smaller hands!!). I can see no possible way for me to access the turn signal bulbs. Can anyone give me some idea how I can fit my hand in there to replace the turn signal bulb??? PLEASE!!!!
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

The whole tail light assembly is only held in with 4 screws. Just remove them and have the lamp assembly in your hand. Replacing the bulb is quite easy then, quarter turn of the retainer.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

+1
    I don't have big hands and I had to remove the tail light assembly. It's just 4 screws.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Agreed but need to remove the fender also to access all of the tail light screws

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Not that easy

Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post
    Agreed but need to remove the fender also to access all of the tail light screws

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    It looks like one of the screws holding the rear fender is right behind the "shock absorber" of the saddlebag lid. I could not get to it to remove it.

Oh, yeah, my backup lights are hyperflashing!
    Last edited by SpyderConvert; 07-23-2016 at 07:10 AM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    It looks like one of the screws holding the rear fender is right behind the "shock absorber" of the saddlebag lid. I could not get to it to remove it.

2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post

Pop the gas strut loose off the ball stud.

Backup light is hyperflashing? That sounds fishy! Backup light doesn't flash at all, at least it shouldn't!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for all of the input

I did try to remove the tail light assembly and that's when I noticed the screw behind the strut, I will try to remove the strut as suggested. Yes, the LED backup bulbs are hyperflashing/strobing, but I don't believe that the turn signal fix will work. Again, thank you. And.now, back to the sauna that is my garage.

Spyder Garage

Default They're in !!

Yesterday, since the temperature was down to about 95, I decided to give it another try - SUCCESS!!!!. There are 3 screws holding each tail light unit in and once I figured out how to remove the gas strut, everything went very smoothly. I was able to stop the hyperflashing using the technique described here and I believe that I might have to install a resistor in the backup light circuit. Then again, it might act like one of those backup "beepers"!! Again, thanks to all that responded, this site is amazing!!