Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    Sometimes the lift doesn't go down all the way. If you stand on the forks and press the release pedal with a broom handle it will go down a bit more and you should be able to get under the Spyder. Also do what IdahoMtnSpyder suggested.

Pam
    This thing is just not going to work for some reason. Lift all the way down, can't go anymore unless I cut out some of the steel on the base, because all the way down and it is resting on the frame back where it pivots. Ran shock all the way up, and still not enough room. Don't want to blow shock out. Don't understand. If you look at the specs it says 5 1/4" folded. That's too high to go under frame. What is a fella to do.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Default Low clearance

That's one advantage the craftsman and I think the aluminum HF lift have, you can slide them right under with room to spare.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    This thing is just not going to work for some reason. Lift all the way down, can't go anymore unless I cut out some of the steel on the base, because all the way down and it is resting on the frame back where it pivots. Ran shock all the way up, and still not enough room. Don't want to blow shock out. Don't understand. If you look at the specs it says 5 1/4" folded. That's too high to go under frame. What is a fella to do.
    I dunno, maybe the 2010 RT is lower than the 2015

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Sorry, you bought the wrong model number. See the discussion at (scroll down to #30):
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Lifting-the-RT

Harbor Freight has a couple of jacks that look similar. One is a little shorter and fits under the Spyder with no problem. Try returning yours. At the store, look at both models and measure the height difference to find the correct model. ITEM #61632, the height at the middle of the lifting pad from floor is 4.5"

2012 Spyder RT SE5 Limited - Lava Bronze
    - Baja Ron Sway Bar - SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner - Air Modification Kit - Motorcycle Dave's gel seat inserts
    - Rivco Floorboards - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - Bad Boy Wolo Air Horn
    - FZ-1 Fuzeblock - Hopnel Lid Nets - Monster Graphics

Spyder Garage

They only have one model at the store, other than the aluminium one that is almost 3 times as much.
    I just looked up both item numbers, and they both say minimum height 5.5". Actually the shelf picture that they had on the label at the store said 4.5", but check both out, and they say they are the same height now. Don't know whats up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Upstater View Post
    Sorry, you bought the wrong model number. See the discussion at (scroll down to #30):

Harbor Freight has a couple of jacks that look similar. One is a little shorter and fits under the Spyder with no problem. Try returning yours. At the store, look at both models and measure the height difference to find the correct model. ITEM #61632, the height at the middle of the lifting pad from floor is 4.5"

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Upstater View Post

Nope, that's not it. The HF web site shows both collapse to 5 1/2", which is the same as my Craftsman. I think maybe the 2010 sits closer to the ground, a little bit anyway. The front tires are 14" and in 2013 they changed to 15". The 2010 has spring adjusters on the front shocks, right? Maybe they're turned all the way down. Maybe that's part of the difference. The springs and shocks changed in 2013 also.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

i've never used one of these jacks.
    how do you lower the bike?
    does it come down slowly or wham it's down?

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

You might want to check with Finless Bob. He has a 2011 (with the 14 inch rims) and says he uses this lift all the time. Maybe he can tell you how he gets it under there.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

I can also confirm that the 61632 is 4 1/2"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I have one that I bought for lifting the spyder so I can put it on car wheel dollies in order to move it around the garage during the winter. I have found other uses for it that are not spyder related as well. To answer one question, it can be lowered slowly, or WHAM, down it comes, but it really isn't that violent.

I push mine in from the right side underneath the floor board and pump away. That keeps it balanced unless I have something in the frunk that I forgot to take out.

Spyder Garage

Yea, I ended up pulling the front wheels up on 3/4" boards, and then it gave me enough room just barely to get it under. But I am going to go to the other store just west of me and check theirs even though they said on the phone that the only differnce between the model numbers is different manufacturers, and that they both have a minimum height of 5.5"
    If I don't have to use boards it would be great, but if they are the same , then I will keep what I got for the $69.

Spyder Garage

Default I had to....

I bought the HF lift last year and I had to remove the rubber pads from the top of the lifts otherwise it wouldn't fit. Once removed it would just make it underneath our '12 RTL. Now it works like a champ. I do wish it felt a bit more stable when lifting, but it does the job. I put on ground effects lighting and oil changes, etc....
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

jacklineup2.jpgjacklineup.jpg This one is at Harbor Freight in blue color. A little closer to $200.00 and you can use the 20% off coupon. It is very sturdy and used by many here. IMO, your Spyder costs $15K-$20K....why risk a cheap light weight lift.....get a good sturdy one ! Also get a set of stands and always use stands for added safety !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    jacklineup2.jpgjacklineup.jpg This one is at Harbor Freight in blue color. A little closer to $200.00 and you can use the 20% off coupon. It is very sturdy and used by many here. IMO, your Spyder costs $15K-$20K....why risk a cheap light weight lift.....get a good sturdy one ! Also get a set of stands and always use stands for added safety !
    I've used this "cheap, lightweight" lift on my last two motorcycles, each worth well over $20k, and now my Spyder for which I paid $26k, and it has worked just fine. Yeah, you can spend more money if you want, but this one does the job for less.

The use of jack stands goes without saying.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Try using 2x4 cut to approximately 12 inches each and drive onto them. Should work in getting you enough clearance I have a lowered vehicle and use a racing jack (very low) which is low to floor already but the 2x4 works fine in getting the jack under it. Just an idea.

Spyder Garage

Default Pit Bull

I bought a Pit Bull and like the wider base for more stability and 25" off the ground is nice too.
    I like the fact it's made in America too. Super nice folks when I called and ordered mine on the phone.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Default Pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    I bought a Pit Bull and like the wider base for more stability and 25" off the ground is nice too.
    I like the fact it's made in America too. Super nice folks when I called and ordered mine on the phone.
    I must say that I do love the PitBull products too, however they are more pricey.
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Question Harbor Freight Lift Rating

I went to HF's website to read the reviews on the various lifts and discovered that not one of them have been able to score 5 stars.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

I bought my HF lift several years ago for $25.00 brand new in the box from someone who changed his mind about doing his own work. It may not be the best lift in the world, but it's good enough to have lifted my Goldwing, and then my Victory Vision, and now my Spyder. Yes, there are many better more expensive lifts that you can choose from, but this one does the job just fine. If I needed a lift on a daily basis, I would spring for a more expensive one, but my lift spends most of it's time sitting in a corner in my garage. However, when it's called into duty, it has always performed adequetely.

It's your money. Your choice.

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Bright Yellow

I also have the HF lift inbright yellow and it worked fine on my Valkyire ( with an adapter). Works great on the Circuit Yellow '14 RTS. ALWAYS USE JACK STANDS!!!!!!!

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Nope, that's not it. The HF web site shows both collapse to 5 1/2", which is the same as my Craftsman. I think maybe the 2010 sits closer to the ground, a little bit anyway. The front tires are 14" and in 2013 they changed to 15". The 2010 has spring adjusters on the front shocks, right? Maybe they're turned all the way down. Maybe that's part of the difference. The springs and shocks changed in 2013 also.
    Lift that I have did the job after putting 3/4" boards under the front tires, but went to other Harbor Freight store this morning and they have the one I have on display, but boxes under shelf have the other model number, and box says 4 1/2", so we are taking this one back to exchange it. No sense having to drive up on boards every time if I don't have to.

Spyder Garage

Lift that I have did the job after putting 3/4" boards under the front tires, but went to other Harbor Freight store this morning and they have the one I have on display, but boxes under shelf have the other model number, and box says 4 1/2", so we are taking this one back to exchange it. No sense having to drive up on boards every time if I don't have to.
    Oh by the way, if anyone needs anything there, 7/21/16 to 7/24/16 they have Friends & Family 25% off. Just go to their website and print off their coupon.

Spyder Garage

Well, I just picked up one of the Harbor Freight motorcycle lifts for $67.49 with their 25% Family & Friends special discount today through this coming Sunday (07/24/16). It literally looks like the Craftsman red & black model, except it is $30 less right now than Sears website.

http://m.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-c...ift-60536.html

ITEM DETAILS ON DIFFERENT SKU #'S:

60536 - The clearance from the ground is 5.5 inches.
    61632 - The clearance from the ground is 4.75 inches.
    NOTE: If you want the 61632,
    you will need to make sure the store you are calling has that Sku# specifically on the box on the unit on their shelves. The reason is, in some cases, they try to connect these Sku#'s as comparable items. BE SPECIFIC!!!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, insights, and posts on this thread.
    Last edited by SpyderHands; 07-23-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Oh by the way, if anyone needs anything there, 7/21/16 to 7/24/16 they have Friends & Family 25% off. Just go to their website and print off their coupon.
    Better yet, if you have a smart phone, just pull this up on your phone and they can input the code right off this coupon and apply the discount.

NOTE: To refute what the coupon or the store staff may say about this coupon not applying to floor jacks, this is NOT a floor jack.

The coupon will definitely take off the 25%.

ITEM DETAILS ON DIFFERENT SKU #'S:

60536 - The clearance from the ground is 5.5 inches.
    61632 - The clearance from the ground is 4.75 inches.
    NOTE: If you want the 61632,
    you will need to make sure the store you are calling has that Sku# specifically on the box on the unit on their shelves. The reason is, in some cases, they try to connect these Sku#'s as comparable items. BE SPECIFIC!!!

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by SpyderHands; 07-23-2016 at 12:22 AM.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Default Secondary Use for the Lift

I'm building some shelves in my garage, and stumbled upon a secondary use for my Harbor Freight lift...... a saw horse!

Secondary use for lift.jpg

Pam

• Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard