Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Mechanics.

Call ahead.
    Our first dealer was in
    Wilkes-Barre, had a horrible service department . The one manager was rude, tried to blame customer every time I called. When recall work was needed on the 2013 he wanted us to bring the spyder in before he would order parts. We would go round and round on the phone till he would get the parts then call us. At one recall service he tried to say we needed another that had already been done. (double billing BRP? ) We brought our receipt to show.
    So we called around and found Kirk's Motorsports in Watsontown. The price for tires on 2013 were way below what people were posting. When we traded in for the 2015, they took the GPS of the 13 and remounted on the 15 at no cost.
    So I think it pays to call around and use a trip to the spyder dealer as an excuse to go on a ride. Also it would be helpful if people would post their good experiences and which dealer so we could give them our business.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for passing this information along. I'm glad to hear that you've found yourself a dealer that you can trust.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When will they learn that the service department can make or break a dealer's reputation?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    Call ahead.
    Our first dealer was in
    Wilkes-Barre, had a horrible service department . The one manager was rude, tried to blame customer every time I called. When recall work was needed on the 2013 he wanted us to bring the spyder in before he would order parts. We would go round and round on the phone till he would get the parts then call us. At one recall service he tried to say we needed another that had already been done. (double billing BRP? ) We brought our receipt to show.
    So we called around and found Kirk's Motorsports in Watsontown. The price for tires on 2013 were way below what people were posting. When we traded in for the 2015, they took the GPS of the 13 and remounted on the 15 at no cost.
    So I think it pays to call around and use a trip to the spyder dealer as an excuse to go on a ride. Also it would be helpful if people would post their good experiences and which dealer so we could give them our business.
    A good dealer is a precious commodity! I'm glad you found one. Where I bought was terrible in after sale service they were also dangerous to let work on your Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    When will they learn that the service department can make or break a dealer's reputation?
    Some don't care - they make their money by undercutting everyone else in sales, and don't care if they ever see you, again, after the sale is complete.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

When you shop for a spyder you are also shopping for the dealership and service dep/tech. Even if it is not the best deal if it is where you are going to have all your work done it may be worth that little extra (depends how much). Always try to meet the techs and get to know them otherewise your just another machine. You do have to shop around and if the techs move it may be the dealership is not taking care of them or you and you may have to move with them or find another...

Glad you found a good one ...hang on to them
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Call ahead.
    Our first dealer was in
    We bought our Spyder in Wilkes Barre,Pa at Two Jacks and we were hosed on the warranty. Never took the bike there for service because it was always two weeks before they could get it in. Now our dealer in Henderson, NV Proshop Motorsports is great. They helped me with the warranty problem and always take care of issues (scoops, dash display panel, air compressor) in a timely manor by ordering parts first. Good dealers are gold. I still do my own oil changes though.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I, and most other members of Spyder Riders of America Or., Wa. Chapter, swear by ProClaber in Vancouver, Wa. There is no better tech. than Shawn Smoak anywhere. He, they, have always taken great care of me I ride 80 miles to have Shawn service my Spyder, and I wouldn't go anywhere else. There are closer Dealerships, but none Better!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default A GOODSsERVICE DEPT. WILL BRING CUSTOMERS BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

Having been a Suzuki dealer in MT for years, I can tell you that there is no substitute for a well trained, honest Service Dept. It can make all the difference in a dealership!
    CapNCrunch
    : =)

Spyder Garage

Call ahead.
    Our first dealer was in
    My wife and I take our Spyder to Kurtz also, he is a great dealer! We do live in Lewisburg, so it's not a far ride to go see him. When we first bought our Spyder, we went and talked with him before we took the Spyder to him. He made us feel very comfortable with his knowledge about the Spyder. The prices for some of the work seams to be a little hi but, we will take our Spyder for work. If you didn't talk with him about an alignment, you should. We will be taking ours in for the alignment by the end of the year.

Spyder Garage

We bought and have our RTL serviced at Andre and sons power sports in Montrose Pa. Service and prices have been good so far. Only things we have had to have done since. April 2014 is 3000 mile service and rear tire replacement.