Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I love my Spyder!!!!

More and more with each passing ride. In almost two years of year round riding it has not let me down once. I would ride across the country tomorrow at the drop of a hat. I feel proud to own and ride such a beautiful machine. I still get lots of waves and thumbs up's from passing motorists and bikers.

One thing I am sick of is post titles that speak poorly of the Spyder for no good reason attracting undue attention of prospective buyers who are needed to make the brand flourish. Sure there have been problems and I don't minimize the effect on those affected, but their occurrence are blown out of proportion to the number of bikes on the road.

So if you love your Spyder feel free to comment.

Cheers Kevin

"Always taking the long way home"
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree...

Well put.... I have had mine for four years , come August, and it has never left me stranded. they are amazing machines and we are not alone on this. I find if you ryde in fear of pending dissaster you will cause it or it will come...ryde with confidence
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I love my . That's all that needs to be said here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seven riding seasons, and two Spyders: They were, and are: great bikes!
    My 2010 had it's share of faults": they never made me love it any less!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I totaly agree, ride daily when I can. I have a 2013rt ltd. Will not trade up. I love this thing!!!

Spyder Garage

Wink new ryder

Had mine for about 2 months and cannot ryde it enough. There are just not enough hours.

Spyder Garage

Best choice I ever made... and it was a fluke that my wife and I demo'd one. We were looking for something specific (not mentioning brand) and the dealer did not have the model I wanted. They had Spyders and I asked my wife if she wanted to try one out since we were there. About 10 miles into a ride we pulled over in a big parking lot and "played" with the demo. Looked at each other and said, "wow." That Monday I made an appointment with the bank and by the end of the week she was home!

I have had 3 goldwings and a royal star venture. None compare to this bike and its ride, comfort, and reliability. I too, would leave for a coast-to-coast without any hesitation. During our New England riding season I have averaged 16-19 K per year on the others, and the RT is clicking the miles the same!
    Last edited by Bob L; 07-12-2016 at 05:38 PM.
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by olsarge View Post
    Had mine for about 2 months and cannot ryde it enough. There are just not enough hours.
    and

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default My Primary Transportation

My Spyder, like my previous bikes, is my primary transportation. I ride it everyday, except for the days that I ride my broom.

I absolutely love it and have total confidence in it.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    My Spyder, like my previous bikes, is my primary transportation. I ride it everyday, except for the days that I ride my broom.

Pam
    Liking you even more!

Forgive the extra posts today. Kind of an interesting day to be on the site.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Ditto!

I have had my 2009 RS Spyder since August of last year! I love riding it and I have had no problems except for normal wear on my tires from the miles I have been putting on it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Definitely do not get to ride as much as I would like, due to ongoing renovations, but love my Spyder all the same. Will enjoy it much more in a couple of years when we are retired!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default i love my spyder

I have had 2 spyders in the last year, both were trouble free, nothing is wrong with these machines, these machines have a lot less problems then cages, look at the millions of recalls on cages, best machines on the road, ryde safely

Spyder Garage

The best part about Spyders is the people who ride them... they are just so much fun to be around.

JT

Spyder Garage

I injured my left rotator cuff in March. Could not ride my 14 Indian chieftain which I loved but is quite heavy. So I traded my 14 Indian Chieftain for a 15 RT-S. Seemed weird riding at first but got used to it. My arm is pretty good now, but would not sell the Spyder. It is an awesome machine and my wife loves it to. Best part don't have to put my feet down at stops. I also like being able to stand up at stop lights. Rest the butt a bit.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Well------

I never got stranded on my Honda C-110 ( Hopped up so much it would stay with the 90cc bikes)
    I never got stranded on my Honda SL-125 ( but I did wear it out)
    I never got stranded on my Honda CB-77 ( fully hopped up with a full fairing and would staywith the 450s)
    I never Got streanded on Honda CB 450 ( just a mild hop up but did break a chain)
    I never got stranded on my CB-900F ( with 750 decals so I didnt have to hop it up)
    I never got stranded on my Kawasaki Ninja 1100( piped and jetted w/ air box mods-oh so fast)
    I only got stranded on my V-max once--but I fixed it on the road ( loose spark plug???) Great bike!!! still ride it.
    I never got stranded on my Honda Valkyrie ( stock but suprizingly fast for a big girl). Still ride it

And

I've never had a second of trouble with my , other than dealer prep.

My wife loves to ride the , . We would take it 100's of miles in a heart beat.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I love my spyder, I will put on about 7500 miles this season and wish it could be more miles

Spyder Garage

Default New spyder rider.

Hi all. I've had my ST L just over 2 months.
    I LOVE IT!
    I usually ride 1 day a week, weather pending. So I've only got 1600 kms under my belt.
    Fair weather riding is usually my preference, however I've been caught in 3 bad rain storms.
    I am very impressed with how my bike handles in the rain.
    Look forward to many more rides!
    PS - this forum is so full of information it keeps me coming back. Thank you.
    Spyder side.jpg
    2015 ST L , Denim - matte

Spyder Garage

Default Love it

Got my 09 rs about 2 years ago with 2300 miles and now have 17500 miles, my biggest problem is FARKLE. it is the 2nd best thing i have done the other being my wife.
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Thanks for starting this, Buggy. As a potential buyer, I was indeed starting to question if it was a smart move, based on all the negative posts (even keeping in mind that MOST forum posts on just about any forum are dominated by those with problems).
    Pete
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default love

I love my RS-S. 3400 mi trip in May, and 957 miles last Friday - Sunday. 23500 mi in 16 months. If you don't ryde them they miss you!
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by olsarge View Post
    X 2. My only negative is my fault for not doing enough research and not riding different models. Bought unseen and un-ridden my 2010 RS. Should have gotten a touring model, the stupid feet back hunched over tiding position is not meant for this worn out old guy. Some custom made foot boards and the hand brake conversion cured most of my issues, now I need a comfortable seat. But happy? Hell ya!

Spyder Garage

Default The same at first

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks for starting this, Buggy. As a potential buyer, I was indeed starting to question if it was a smart move, based on all the negative posts (even keeping in mind that MOST forum posts on just about any forum are dominated by those with problems).
    Pete
    Some sites focus on the problems I find , this site shares all information and helps potential Ryders see that most people have their Spyders for years and only need to do basic maintenance . The Dealer I bought mine off seemed confused when I said I was a bit leary on these machines because of all the problems they have , they said they are no more prone to problems than any motorized vehicle they sell ..... Turns out they were right in my case and I'm having a blast

Spyder Garage

Love our rtse6 more all the time
    47 years of machines of all types & sizes
    This one is perfect for us now

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Spyder Garage

My Spyder will be one year old this week. I have really enjoyed getting used to it. After riding 2 wheels for 39 years I needed a change. Bad knee helped the decision along!!
    i have added performance and lighting upgrades. I now have my bike just the way I want it. Not one problem. I really enjoy riding again!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide