Spyder Garage

Default "HELP" Manual Shifting issues!

2011 RT Limited. I have to push very hard after pressing the reverse button to get it into Reverse. Then It's almost impossible to shift back into 1st. Once I do I can go down the road and shift into all the gears., but as soon as I down shift from 2nd to 1st it gets very hard. Cannot get it to shift into Nuetral at all!

Big trip this weekend. Need to get this figured out. No warning signs leading up to this what's so ever.
    PLEASE HELP

Rich

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the contacts in the paddle shifter are not making good contact. But I don't know if its something that can be cleaned or just replaced. Good luck. Hopefully the dealer is close by.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

Regardless of what you see in the in the sight glass on the master cylinder, take off the top and check the fluid level. You may have to add fluid and pump the lever to get any air out with the top off. If really low don't fill to much and pump slowly or it will squirt out all over the place and Dot4 is very corrosive...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps we should clarify if this is an SE5 or SM5.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thanks for this Chupaca. I was thinking this too after some thought of what might be going on. I'm going to check it once I get home. I have the proper Dot4 in the garage too

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Regardless of what you see in the in the sight glass on the master cylinder, take off the top and check the fluid level. You may have to add fluid and pump the lever to get any air out with the top off. If really low don't fill to much and pump slowly or it will squirt out all over the place and Dot4 is very corrosive...

Spyder Garage

Default IT'S AN SM5

Manual transmission

Spyder Garage

Does it do this when it's just cold, or even after you've warmed up the oil? Mine is a little tough to shift in/out of reverse, and find N when the oil is cold too. It also helps to keep your foot off the brake too, (if posssible) if you have a habit of holding the brake. Other wise maybe some new clutch fluid will help as mentioned.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Yep happens to mine when I let my regular maintenance get a little lax. I just top off the master cylinder and keep it moving!
    Hopefully that's all you need to do.
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!