Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Two brothers Exhaust Questions

I ordered a Two brothers exhaust for my 2015 F3-S and received it this weekend. I have a couple of questions:

1. Any tricks to removing the top Spring? It's being a PITA even with the included tool.
    2. Does the Lamonster Performance Pipe work with this kit? I'd like to remove the cat when I install the TBR pipe.
    3. Is a Power Commander absolutely necessary if I install the muffer and Performance Pipe?

Thanks,
    Joe

Spyder Garage

3. Power Commander is NOT necessary. After installation allow bike to idle for 10 mins.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by joeyvaz View Post
    I ordered a Two brothers exhaust for my 2015 F3-S and received it this weekend. I have a couple of questions:

1. Any tricks to removing the top Spring? It's being a PITA even with the included tool.
    2. Does the Lamonster Performance Pipe work with this kit? I'd like to remove the cat when I install the TBR pipe.
    3. Is a Power Commander absolutely necessary if I install the muffer and Performance Pipe?

Thanks,
    Joe

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    3. Power Commander is NOT necessary. After installation allow bike to idle for 10 mins.

AJ

Thanks, I read that just now as well. Now I just need to figure out how to get that top spring off. It's not cooperating at all.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What a PITA!!! I used a thick (12ga.) wire in my left hand and the spring tool in my right hand. I had to remove the bolt on the brake linkage at the rear so I was able to use both hands. Finally got the spring off. And it is all put together. Sounds real nice. What a difference in weight too!!!

I hope my too handed approach helps someone in the future if they come across this post on a search.

Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    Joe
    I was under the impression that the two bros come with the cat delete pipe. is that not the case?

2015 F3 SE6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    I was under the impression that the two bros come with the cat delete pipe. is that not the case?

Yes it does. The Lamonster pipe is shaped differently from the Two Brothers mid pipe, so I was a bit confused. I thought the Lamonster pipe was a replacement for the front pipe. My bad.

That being said, the Two Brother's system is LOUD-especially when on the throttle. I'm trying to figure out if the baffle Lamonster sells will work with the Two Brothers set up. If it does, it's worth a try. Not to mention I feel some mid range throttle response missing now that I've installed the new system.

Spyder Garage

Yes it does. The Lamonster pipe is shaped differently from the Two Brothers mid pipe, so I was a bit confused. I thought the Lamonster pipe was a replacement for the front pipe. My bad.

That being said, the Two Brother's system is LOUD-especially when on the throttle. I'm trying to figure out if the baffle Lamonster sells will work with the Two Brothers set up. If it does, it's worth a try. Not to mention I feel some mid range throttle response missing now that I've installed the new system.
    Why not use the two bros baffle? http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/t...-p1x-power-tip

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yu View Post
    I didn't even know they had one. Theirs seems to just lower DBs. The video doesn't state if they also help to get back the mid range torque I seem to have lost. I'm ordering a bunch of stuff from Lamonster so I'm just going to order the baffle there as well. I just want to make sure it will work with the TBR exhaust before I do.

Thanks