Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You know, I was thinking...

Maybe we should attach a Spot GPS tracking device so folks could find the banner as it travels!

Spyder Garage

Hey All!

After meeting up w/ Lamont and his buddy's to pick up the banner, I followed them South on 23 a bit and then split off and took 160 over Black Mtn., the highst point in KY. Man was this a great, twisty mountain road. After getting back on 119 east and going over Pine mountain to Jenkins, I headed east to Elkhorn City. Nice Kentucky river bottom riding. At Elkhorn City I went south into Breaks Interstate Park. This was a pleasant surprise. The road in was an AWESOME twisty river bottom road with some GREAT views from thr park itself. From there
    I went North again (back down that AWESOME twisty road) and took 460 back to 119 and home to Lovely.

All told Just over 300 miles today.

I anticipate a Wed. departure to Places North w/ the banner tucked safely in the front trunk of PE3069 for delivery to jeuchler (place and time still TBD, come and help).

Now I have to go change oil and keep 'er happy!

Mike Murphy

The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default ill take it in NYC

will take it and imheading to memphis in mid will bring it to ZZ "tim" and greg h if they want it to move it form there!
    HM1 Nathaniel V. Mitchell, USN, CC-NREMT-P

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Thanks Star but bjt and I are in Michigan. We will be in Niagara Falls with Director who is from London Ont. We are meeting jeuchler who is from MA or CT (one of those little New England states...LOL) along with HDXBones, Roaddog and Smylinatcha, hopefully. Anyway, we will be able to bring it from east to west into MI and meet up with some spyderlovers here to sign it and then either pass it off to Scotty or ride with Scotty to pass it off. Maybe we could meet you somewhere along the way though and get your signature and photo with the banner. Heck, join us in Niagara Falls in April.

Longlegs, it sounds like a Chicago meet might be a good idea, (maybe south of actual Chicago) to pass off the banner. I think we have a good path going.
    If Longlegs can go south we've got ryders in Chillicothe,IL; Peoria,IL; Springfield,IL and they lead to St. Louis. I can go any direction from there! I would love to be apart of this and will take it toward KS or OK if needed, on a weekend! We are headed to San Antonio, TX May 30-31 time frame. Sounds like if it makes it here; it may be here earlier than May 30th!! I'll be watching the banner (GPS) tracker! Let me know if I can help!
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    Hey All!

After meeting up w/ Lamont and his buddy's to pick up the banner, I followed them South on 23 a bit and then split off and took 160 over Black Mtn., the highst point in KY. Man was this a great, twisty mountain road. After getting back on 119 east and going over Pine mountain to Jenkins, I headed east to Elkhorn City. Nice Kentucky river bottom riding. At Elkhorn City I went south into Breaks Interstate Park. This was a pleasant surprise. The road in was an AWESOME twisty river bottom road with some GREAT views from thr park itself. From there
    I went North again (back down that AWESOME twisty road) and took 460 back to 119 and home to Lovely.

All told Just over 300 miles today.

I anticipate a Wed. departure to Places North w/ the banner tucked safely in the front trunk of PE3069 for delivery to jeuchler (place and time still TBD, come and help).

Now I have to go change oil and keep 'er happy!

Mike Murphy
    Hey Bro, send me your pics and I'll post them for you.
    SpyderSupport@gmail.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When is it being passed off to the CT crew? (HDX, Smylin, and Road dog?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I think we're going to ride to Saratoga Springs to pick it up from Mike next weekend, and bring it to jeuchler in MA, the following weekend. Any in CT are invited to join either leg, or maybe we can have a "signing" get together during the layover.....We'll make firm plans later in the week, weather for next weekend isn't looking great at the moment.....

Let me know if Jacksonville is needed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

.....We'll make firm plans later in the week, weather for next weekend isn't looking great at the moment.....
    You could drive over in your Dodge Ram.

(Ooo. Too mean? No, I didn't forget the rainy Vermont days of summer, 2008...)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Mike been to Breaks Interstate park have many relatives that live on the virgina side so that is where we stay when we go to visit may havef to take spyder next time it is a beautiful ride.

Mrs Spyder Bob

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think we're going to ride to Saratoga Springs to pick it up from Mike next weekend, and bring it to jeuchler in MA, the following weekend. Any in CT are invited to join either leg, or maybe we can have a "signing" get together during the layover.....We'll make firm plans later in the week, weather for next weekend isn't looking great at the moment.....
    Rain in the forecast from Sunday March 29 right thru Wed April 1st.

I have this Sat, the 28th open for a ride with you guys if that works for you. Sunday the 29th, I have to be at a ceremony, and the following weekend, Sat April 4th, I have a friends 25th wedding anniversary at 3 PM. (Available in the morning tho)

If I can’t join you for the pick up or drop off ride, I would definitely like to meet you before it’s passed on to sign.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looking like Saturday might be the better day, Roaddog and I will make a decision by Thursday when the forecast is a little more solid. Bringing it to MA might be the following Sunday, 4/05, (does that work for you jeuchler?) leaving Saturday, 4/04, for folks to sign.....
    Sunday April 4th is good.

You coming back up from CT to MA, or coming back east from NY?

Spyder Garage

Found some more pics from the first banner run.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey don't forget about me! I could be a link between a few places. I could easily pick it up as far as Northern Indiana, to the MN or IA border with WI or even MI.

Keep me posted!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Where's Mikey?

Hey, Mike3069

Did you have a good ride North to us? I warned you it'd be cold!

(Is the banner safe and sound?!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Hey, Mike3069

Did you have a good ride North to us? I warned you it'd be cold!

(Is the banner safe and sound?!)
    Mike is in Saratoga safe and sound just talked to Him he is waiting for power at his place and will be back on forum soon.HDX and I leaving Saturday morning to meet him to bring banner in to CT.Just also got off of phone with Garganos GSS power sports and they would be Honerd to hold banner so other spyder owners and lovers in CT. can sign it then I will pick up Friday afternoon then off to Mass

Spyder Garage

dThis is getting so exciting. I can't wait to meet John and Barb in Niagara Falls with the banner. Hopefully we will have a large enough group there for decent signing with photos as well. This is so fun!!
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

dThis is getting so exciting. I can't wait to meet John and Barb in Niagara Falls with the banner. Hopefully we will have a large enough group there for decent signing with photos as well. This is so fun!!
    I think I've got Noukone on board to go too, Deb. Just waiting to hear back from him for confirmation of his availability.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

everyone write small, there are a lot of us across the country and the signatures could get crowded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    everyone write small, there are a lot of us across the country and the signatures could get crowded
    You can use the back too if needed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You can use the back too if needed.
    I would like to reserve that little space inside the first "e" for my autograph.

(By the way, that blue line on the map is about to get pretty funky-looking!)

Spyder Garage

Banner Location as of 03-26-09 Saratoga, NY
    Banner has traveled 967 miles +or- so far.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looking like Saturday might be the better day, Roaddog and I will make a decision by Thursday when the forecast is a little more solid.
    Bones, The weather is looking good for Sat. (Partly cloudy, high 40's)

If you are going up Rt 7 north, I can meet you at the Kent Coffee shop, or anywhere on route. Just give me a time.

Who's going?
    Last edited by SpyderByter; 03-27-2009 at 04:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    I think I've got Noukone on board to go too, Deb. Just waiting to hear back from him for confirmation of his availability.

Bruce
    Bruce, that is great. It will be good to see him again. How is he doing by the way? I hope all is well and that the weather holds up for us.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Bruce, that is great. It will be good to see him again. How is he doing by the way? I hope all is well and that the weather holds up for us.
    Deb, shortly after the death of his nephew, Noukone's brother-in-law died suddenly of a heart attack, so this winter has not been kind to him and his family, but he is doing well and looking forward to a good season of Spyder riding. We were out together for a short ride earlier this week after work.
    Let's continue to hope and pray for excellent weather for your anniversary trip! We just never know what April will bring in this part of the world, but I am optimistic about our chances.
    Best to Brian too,

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

I got to thinking it would be cool if we could get the banner at every Spyder dealer in the country and maybe keep it there till the next run. It would be a great place to meet and maybe meet even more SpyderLovers that don't know about the site. What do you think?