Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up St. Louis

If it makes it to St. Louis there are plenty of us here in the area and spyders up north in Peoria,IL and Champagne,IL that can bring it down this way.If it doesn't get here until the last week in May..... We are going to San Antonio, TX then!!
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Okay, it looks like we are getting a path here. Mike can get the banner to Roaddog who will get it to HDX bones, who can get it to jeuchler. John will Bring it to Niagara Falls. From there Bruce can take it home on Sat. and then Brian and I can either pick it up on Sun or make a quick trip back to Sarnia the next week and meet Bruce there for a pick up. After that I will try to rally the Michigan SpyderLovers to meet and sign the banner, maybe in Hell Michigan as we seem to be able to meet there easily. After that, I can drive to either the Indiana or Ohio border if someone is willing to meet me there for a pick up. I see a path of progress beginning here, let's keep the communication going.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Count me in. sorry, not on here much - too busy playing mafia wars.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Count me in. sorry, not on here much - too busy playing mafia wars.
    give me your money or I'll kill you and your crew

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Hey Mike,
    I looked at the map where you and Lamont are meeting for the banner exhange. Next weekend could you drop meet in Cinci or Dayton? or are you heading toward VT right away. If you are headed toward VT then as Jeuchler suggested, if you could get it to him, he can take it to Niagara Falls. From there, we will have Director take it through Toronto and London and then Brian and I could pick it up from him on our way back to MI. Once we get in Michigan we can take it to the west side of the state to Scotty for Photos and then take it south to some of our Ohio or Indiana riders for the next leg. Just keep me informed, I definitely want to be part of this banner run.
    You name it and we'll fetch it and pass it on. If it's booked with someone else, we would love to ride support.
    -Scotty & Nancy

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    After I meet w/ Lamonster on Sat. I return to Lovely, KY for about 3 days, then go north to Saratoga Springs for the summer work season. I will be glad to meet up w/ Jeuchler somewhere and pass it along.

What say, jeuchler?
    Hey, Mike

I'm getting ole' PE#2929 all woke up from hibernation tomorrow to start getting ready for Niagara...

It sounds like you'll be up in our neck of the woods next week some time--if i could get it from you on a weekend, that'd be great. Both the lovely bride and I are big diner fans, so if you know of any between Saratoga Springs and western MA/VT we could meet and treat you to a meal. If you feel like swinging out closer to us, we have a Hayabusa owner who runs a great coffee shop/cafe (Brewhaha) right near us.

Just pm me (if you don't mind) when you know what's up timing-wise and destination-wise. I can pass along my cel phone #, etc.

Thanks for getting this going!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Mike- are you heading up 87 into Saratoga? I'll bet Roaddog or Smylinacha can get it up to Jeuchler after a swing through CT......

Or I can transport it on a Harley.....LOL
    Sorry, Mike, I just reread RoadDog's and HDXBones' posts...

If that's easier to get it to them, and them to me, that's great, too, of course!

(They get the free diner meal, then!) ::

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It'll be good to see you again.....
    Same here, and not just because the lovely bride wants me to ask you to do seven or eight carpentry/cabinetry jobs...!

(Geez, this is a lot of pressure...I hope it starts tomorrow.)

Spyder Garage

I'll most likely be taking I-88 up from I-81 into Albany, then 87 to Saratoga.

Planning to open The Golf Range for the season Friday 3/27.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

jeuchler.......clean out in pm inbox so I can send a message!
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    jeuchler.......clean out in pm inbox so I can send a message!
    Yikes! I had it clogged with 100 messages...sorry, Mike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    give me your money or I'll kill you and your crew
    Wish I had the kind of money I've made in mafia wars! I make $663K an hour - I really make 1.2M but it costs me half to keep up with all my cars, weapons and I have to keep armor for my recruits. Why haven't you signed on to play w/ us? I can sit on there and do nothing and make money while my other family does the work! And you can kill people on hit lists, you can die over and over, there is no end to this thing - it's insane.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    ...It costs me half to keep up with all my cars, weapons and I have to keep armor for my recruits...I can sit...and do nothing and make money while my other family does the work! And you can kill people on hit lists, you can die over and ove....

Um...that's my typical, regular real day. I don't get it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Maybe we can ride out to Saratoga next weekend, and towards Jeuchler the following weekend......
    can do keep me in loop if I survive the zip lines this weekend not those kind of lines between trees

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Okay, it looks like we are getting a path here. Mike can get the banner to Roaddog who will get it to HDX bones, who can get it to jeuchler. John will Bring it to Niagara Falls. From there Bruce can take it home on Sat. and then Brian and I can either pick it up on Sun or make a quick trip back to Sarnia the next week and meet Bruce there for a pick up. After that I will try to rally the Michigan SpyderLovers to meet and sign the banner, maybe in Hell Michigan as we seem to be able to meet there easily. After that, I can drive to either the Indiana or Ohio border if someone is willing to meet me there for a pick up. I see a path of progress beginning here, let's keep the communication going.
    If you want to get it east OR west from Toronto (Brampton) I can take it to Michigan (Detroit Area) around Aug 1, or East to Kingston ON, or even Montreal QC another time in the Summer.

Spyder Garage

I can help through Illinois. Maybe meet somebody from Indy, or Chicago and take it towards St.Louis

Spyder Garage

Thanks Star but bjt and I are in Michigan. We will be in Niagara Falls with Director who is from London Ont. We are meeting jeuchler who is from MA or CT (one of those little New England states...LOL) along with HDXBones, Roaddog and Smylinatcha, hopefully. Anyway, we will be able to bring it from east to west into MI and meet up with some spyderlovers here to sign it and then either pass it off to Scotty or ride with Scotty to pass it off. Maybe we could meet you somewhere along the way though and get your signature and photo with the banner. Heck, join us in Niagara Falls in April.

Longlegs, it sounds like a Chicago meet might be a good idea, (maybe south of actual Chicago) to pass off the banner. I think we have a good path going.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Star but bjt and I are in Michigan. We will be in Niagara Falls with Director who is from London Ont. We are meeting jeuchler who is from MA or CT (one of those little New England states...LOL) along with HDXBones, Roaddog and Smylinatcha, hopefully. Anyway, we will be able to bring it from east to west into MI and meet up with some spyderlovers here to sign it and then either pass it off to Scotty or ride with Scotty to pass it off. Maybe we could meet you somewhere along the way though and get your signature and photo with the banner. Heck, join us in Niagara Falls in April.

Longlegs, it sounds like a Chicago meet might be a good idea, (maybe south of actual Chicago) to pass off the banner. I think we have a good path going.

That sounds great Deb.

Make sure to have everyone sign it.
    Take a picture with it if you can.
    Take lots of pics of people and the area.
    Some video would be cool too.

I'm leaving in about an hour to take it to Kentucky.

Spyder Garage

It would be nice if we could work in some appearances at some bike events along the way, even little local ones.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Sorry, Mike, I just reread RoadDog's and HDXBones' posts...

If that's easier to get it to them, and them to me, that's great, too, of course!

(They get the free diner meal, then!) ::
    I hope you don't run out of those free diners before you meet us at The Falls...

Spyder Garage

Today's ride went great with a few note worthy events.

I left my house just after 9 am and headed to the BP to meet Roger and his brother and another cool guy that drove all the way from Asheville to ride with us. I forgot his name already I got just about to my turnoff and the road was closed so that put me behind a bit.

When I got there the boys were ready to ride. There was one Spyder and two really nice Harleys.

It was a little cool (41) but not too bad. I did change my gloves when I got there. I mapped the route out on the GPS and it took us on some really great roads, not much highway at all. The Spyder was running great and I'm really digging my new Corbin bags. Everyone says it looks like the Batmobile now.

We were about 6 miles from our meeting place in Jenkins, KY when I looked over at a gas station on the right and saw some crazy biker waving his arms as we drove by. I wasn't sure but I thought it might have been Mike. Sure enough it was and even though he parked his Spyder on the road where I could see it there was a big group of folks around it so I never did see it till we turned around.

We filled up with fuel and headed south to get some lunch. Turns out there was nothing in Jenkins so it was best to just head back. Mike followed us back.

We found a Arby's and pulled in there to take a few pics and to sign the banner. At first I was thinking that only SpyderLover members should sign the banner but then I thought that's not right, these guys drove a couple of hundred miles with us and they earned the right to sign the banner.

You got to understand that Mike is missing a leg and his left arm it pretty messed up too but he still made the trip and it was a lot colder where he started from. I've ridden with this guy in many states and even Canada, he's a real hardcore rider.
    Here's where I handed it off to Mike to make it's way to New York.

While we were in line at the Arby's I asked Roger if he saw that dead cat I hit. He said yea I flinged it up at him and then he flinged it back at is brother. That cat got around. Then his brother told us a story about a week old possiom that he hit that flew up in his face and had him puking his guts out for over an hour. It was a great story, just not at lunch time.

Mike rode a little while longer and split off somewhere, I never did see him leave. We took another route home and I let the Spyder open up a bit on a long open highway. GPS said 101 and speedo said 110.

Somewhere along the way my XM radio decided to give me fits and I was messing with it driving down the road and I hit the kill switch. That was fun.

We pulled off at a DQ and got some ice cream and shared a few more stories. All and all it was a great day. When we went to leave my Spyder had the "check engine" light flashing and then it went into limp mode. I had a feeling what it was so I popped the fuse box cover and sure enough two of the relays had come loose. The road going into the DQ was pretty ruff and I think that's what might of done it. Rogers Corbin backrest had popped out and was sitting on the rear seat when we pulled in so I'm sure that's what it was. I did pull all the relays when I got home and took some needle nose pliers to them and gave each prong a little twist so they stay in there better next time I hit a big bump.

So now the banner has been pasted on and I can't wait to read the stories and look at the pictures of the next adventure it will take. This was a lot of fun and I hope you all get to be a part of it in the future.

Spyder Garage

@ dest. daytona playing with magic man
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

lamonster, after a year of seeing pics of you and your Spyder, its strange not seeing a big yellow trailer behind your ride. Keeping that new paint job under wraps for a special occasion?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    ...So now the banner has been pasted on and I can't wait to read the stories and look at the pictures of the next adventure it will take. This was a lot of fun and I hope you all get to be a part of it in the future.
    That's awesome, Lamont!

I'm hurrying to get some NMN peg extenders, new pegs, a new tank bag (as well one of those shop manuals on CD) so the banner can ride in comfort and style when it comes to our leg of the trip!
    Last edited by jeuchler; 03-21-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

WOO HOO!!

GOOD JOB - GREAT PICS!!

KEEP IT COMING!!

STAY SAFE!!
    The Happy Spyderlover