Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Video is set to private Deb.
    I fixed it. Thanks
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Video of the Banner Signing in Niagara Falls
    Great job on the videos and pics, Deb! And kudos to you for organizing this little mini-rally.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I need someone to help me out with the map as far as were it's been to where it is now. You just "Add Destination" to the map.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...88&ie=UTF8&z=6

I'm sure there will be some great pics.
    Once jeuchler adds his leg of the journey, we'll add the bit from Niagara Falls to Grand Blanc, MI.

Spyder Garage

I fixed it. Thanks
    WHAT A GREAT VIDEO dltang THANKS
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Spyder Garage

Three questions, "Did you get wet on the way home?", "How were the new seats?" and "What's next?" I think I'm beginning to sense the smell of Sharpie ink!
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Three questions, "Did you get wet on the way home?", "How were the new seats?" and "What's next?" I think I'm beginning to sense the smell of Sharpie ink!
    -Scotty
    Three quick answers
    1 not wet just cold driving by the lakes
    2 I love the seat no sore butt
    3 the smell of ink is very strong

Spyder Garage

It would be nice to get a few SpyderLovers over to your neck of the woods this Saturday or Sunday afternoon Scotty for a signing event and possible handoff for the next leg of the journey. If we could get the Steins (SpyderRyder810 and husband), daddydarko, BRPJunkie, Firefly, etc. to show up, we could have a decent ride / signing event. Then possibly hand it off to daddydarko for his trip out to The Wall for Rolling Thunder. Or maybe make some other arrangement to hand it off to someone in Indiana or Ohio if anyone from that area is interested in meeting in Battle Creek or making a banner handoff run in the next few weeks. I don't want to sit on this until June as the pressure of being responsible for the Sharpie is almost too much to bear.

Spyder Garage

Sharpies are fun! When someone passes out, you write all over his/her face. It won't come off for days.

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

so...is the banner now ging to Ohio, Indiana and making it's way to the midwest ?? Or is it going back East??

St. Louis is anxiously awaiting!!
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terribull View Post
    so...is the banner now ging to Ohio, Indiana and making it's way to the midwest ?? Or is it going back East??

I'm looking to pass it on as quick as possible. I would like to get a few Michigan SpyderLover's signatures in the next week or two but after that, someone reasonably close to me (within a four to six hour ride) make an offer to meet for the handoff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Sharpies are fun! When someone passes out, you write all over his/her face. It won't come off for days.
    We will not ask how you know...but we'd like to see the pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    It would be nice to get a few SpyderLovers over to your neck of the woods this Saturday or Sunday afternoon Scotty for a signing event and possible handoff for the next leg of the journey. If we could get the Steins (SpyderRyder810 and husband), daddydarko, BRPJunkie, Firefly, etc. to show up, we could have a decent ride / signing event. Then possibly hand it off to daddydarko for his trip out to The Wall for Rolling Thunder. Or maybe make some other arrangement to hand it off to someone in Indiana or Ohio if anyone from that area is interested in meeting in Battle Creek or making a banner handoff run in the next few weeks. I don't want to sit on this until June as the pressure of being responsible for the Sharpie is almost too much to bear.
    Nancy won't be out of the hospital until Friday, or possibly even Saturday. Makes us unable to travel out of the house, and this place too embarrassing right now to offer as a meeting place. I never thought I would actually miss my forced labor...er kids, after they had fled. Nancy will probably be out of it on pain meds much of the time, too. I hope you understand. It is also embarrassing to be caught Spyderless at this moment, with the Bumblebee in the shop wounded. Please don't work around us, just select a location and date that works for all of you. If we miss the signing and the banner, we will just be forced to chase it down later, somewhere, either before or after it leaves the state. I would not like to be in your position as Sharpie guardian for that length of time, either.
    -Scotty
    Last edited by NancysToy; 04-20-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just got home...
    44 degrees F, 350 miles of rain interrupted by 15 miles of drizzle.

Lots to post tomorrow.

Here's the route to Niagara from Massachusetts, with a stop over with MagicMan and Mrs Magic in NY.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Just got home...
    44 degrees F, 350 miles of rain interrupted by 15 miles of drizzle.

Lots to post tomorrow.

Here's the route to Niagara from Massachusetts, with a stop over with MagicMan and Mrs Magic in NY.
    Sorry you got the rain but you were able to give that windshield a good test.

No stories either...Here is the new link for the banner so farBanner so far

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terribull View Post

Well, if someone from Northern Indiana could pick it up in Michigan and Maybe Trickie Dick from Indy could get it, then I could run it toward Peoria for him to take it south to St.Louis. St.Louis is the gateway to the West, so it really should cross the river there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    Well, if someone from Northern Indiana could pick it up in Michigan and Maybe Trickie Dick from Indy could get it, then I could run it toward Peoria for him to take it south to St.Louis. St.Louis is the gateway to the West, so it really should cross the river there.
    I do believe the banner is heading to Washington DC first so it can be there for Memorial Day. Do not worry though, it will make it's way back though as it has to head out to LA in June. If it comes back to bjt and me, we will be going through Indiana, Ill, MO, all on our way to OK where we will be meeting up with Lamont. So don't fret folks, it will get to your state. Just trying to route it and time it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Wow, I guess I'm glad no one thought of doing that to me when I passed out!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Wow, I guess I'm glad no one thought of doing that to me when I passed out!
    Hope for your sake that they don't read this forum for future reference, either.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Default Banner route continued

If I am not able to hand off the banner to daddydarko this weekend I am considering taking the banner as far as Butler, PA on Sat. May 2nd. Along the way, I would love to have some Ohio Spyderlovers get together for a signing. I am thinking somewhere off I-80 south of Cleveland. From there I would continue on to Butler PA and drop the banner off to MSGTDOC if he is willing. He then can take the banner to Rollingthunder. Leaving Rolling Thunder try to get the banner to IrishtotheMax. He can take it back to WV. I will make arrangements to meet him and pick up the banner from him somewhere. When we leave for LA we will be going through IN, IL and MO on our way to meet Lamont in OK. How does this sound to everyone?

Spyder Garage

If I am not able to hand off the banner to daddydarko this weekend I am considering taking the banner as far as Butler, PA on Sat. May 2nd. Along the way, I would love to have some Ohio Spyderlovers get together for a signing. I am thinking somewhere off I-80 south of Cleveland. From there I would continue on to Butler PA and drop the banner off to MSGTDOC if he is willing. He then can take the banner to Rollingthunder. Leaving Rolling Thunder try to get the banner to IrishtotheMax. He can take it back to WV. I will make arrangements to meet him and pick up the banner from him somewhere. When we leave for LA we will be going through IN, IL and MO on our way to meet Lamont in OK. How does this sound to everyone?
    I just received a message from daddydarko (James) I am going to be getting the banner to him before he leaves for Rolling Thunder. I would have loved to gone to OH & PA but this makes so much more sense as he will already be traveling that way. I am sure he will meet many of you along the way or at the event. Still hoping to get it to IrishtotheMax for the return though.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Niagara: Introduction

OK, I know you all are already planning the next leg of the banner run, but while we dry off and warm up and compose the story, here're some photos of this past weekend.

Thanks loads to Deb for already naming everybody in her video!

We will post in another thread about how Ev and Pat of No Magic Neon saved our sanity and added greatly to the safety and comfort of our trip. Such kind and generous people (let alone business people) we are very fortunate to know.

We left from MA and met them in NY for the No Magic Neon Banner Sendoff Breakfast (OK, lunch, by the time our Garmin figured out that roads around Schenectady had changed since 2006)

Of course, Ev and Pat arrive in style in another of their reverse trikes (SunTrike):

Pat and Barb. What's Pat doing? Well, I had sent a message to Ev and Pat last week to inquire about C.H.A.D. windshields, and to say I'd order one after our Niagara trip. Ev drives up and Pat is holding a C.H.A.D. shield, and they say we can't go 700 miles with our little shield. They were right. Rain and wind the entire trip home from Canada.

Pat unwraps the new C.H.A.D. and wraps up our old shield:

Yeah, Ev brought tools to the diner to install the new shield. Oh, yeah--and they stowed our old shield in their SunTrike 'cause they new our trunk and luggage was stuffed:

Me getting in the way, and telling Ev and Pat they are too good:

Pat and Ev, and Barb with The Banner (and Sharpie):

Thank you, Magic Man and Mrs. Magic!

More stories later...
    Last edited by jeuchler; 04-21-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Yeah...forgot to actually LINK to the photos...

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default waht do you two have against...

big vehicles....???
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER