Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up SpyderLovers Banner Run!

Click on the "Last " link to see the latest post page.

Well guys it's time to get this thing moving.

Some of you have no idea what this is about so you can get caught up here. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8875

The idea was to ride my Spyder to Daytona and get a bunch of folks to sign it there and hand it off to someone on the last Saturday and have it start it's run around North America. Well my Spyder didn't get done in time as some of you have read and I wound up having to trailer out to Daytona. While I was there I got real sick and didn't get a chance to hand it off like I wanted to.

So now I'm feeling much better and I need to get this thing moving. I had a member that wanted it in Texas for some event the next couple of weeks but I'm not sure we can pull that off or not. I'm willing to get it heading west or anywhere else this weekend if the weather holds out.

Bottom line is this will be a sticky post that you can go to to see where the SpyderLovers Banner (SLB) is and to be a part of this great SpyderLovers journey across North America. Make sure to take lot's of pics.

So who want's to take it from here. I'm in East Tn and can take it 3 hours or so to the next SpyderLover.
    -------------------------------------------------

Spyder Web Run
    Pics of where the SpyderLovers Banner has been.

Spyder Garage

Hey Lamont, if you can get it headed north, I will try to meet someone to pick it up in Ohio maybe and take it through Ontario to Niagara Falls and hand it off to jeuchler who can then get it up to the New England States. We could cover a lot of ground in a short time and then start heading it back out west from there. Just and idea, let me know what needs to be done.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Hey Lamont, if you can get it headed north, I will try to meet someone to pick it up in Ohio maybe and take it through Ontario to Niagara Falls and hand it off to jeuchler who can then get it up to the New England States. We could cover a lot of ground in a short time and then start heading it back out west from there. Just and idea, let me know what needs to be done.
    I could take it to Kentucky or Virgina if we can get someone to pick it from there.

Spyder Garage

Banner Location as of 03-19-09 Mosheim, TN

Spyder Garage

I would offer to meet you in Cincinatti, OH (I buy dinner) or Lexington, KY (you buy dinner ) but it would be probably the following weekend and I'm guessing it needs to get moving before then. Also, it would probably sit at my place for a week or two until we hooked up with Director, Jeuchler, Frleo and others in Niagara Falls.

Spyder Garage

Hey Lamont!

I'm Back in Ky about to head north to NY/VT. I'd be happy to hook up and take it, but would need to do this weekend or (maybe Monday).

Let me know!
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Man, that thing is huge...I'm gonna have to rethink that Givi storage system and get, maybe, a 12-foot long trailer if I'm gonna haul that banner around.

Don't worry, Lamont, we'll get this started...'though I bet if we trace the route it finally takes it's gonna look like a knotted up ball of yarn!

Spyder Garage

Cool

Computerize it. Attach a flash drive to the banner and people can document it on a text file of the date location and name of the ryder.

Just a thought.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    Hey Lamont!

I'm Back in Ky about to head north to NY/VT. I'd be happy to hook up and take it, but would need to do this weekend or (maybe Monday).

Let me know!
    I think this would work to get it going North. Where are you now and maybe we could figure out a half way point.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I think this would work to get it going North. Where are you now and maybe we could figure out a half way point.
    Mike and Lamont

Keep me posted on this possibility.

(I'm on the MA.NY/VT border.)

If it goes that way, I could get it to Deb & Brian (to go west) or Bruce (to go more north-er) next month our Fall trip in April.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Mike and Lamont

If it goes that way, I could get it to Deb & Brian (to go west) or Bruce (to go more north-er) next month our Fall trip in April.
    That would be cool.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Mike and Lamont

I could get it to one of the ryders in the Toronto area shortly after Deb and Brian's Niagara Falls gathering, if you would like. I will be going further north than that, but not until May 22 for the Ottawa marathon, which is kind of a long time to hang onto the banner. Either way, I'm game, and happy to help out.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Hey Lamont!

Let me know!
    If this is the right place it looks like it's about 190 miles from me so tell me where you want to meet Bro.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...75&ie=UTF8&z=8

Spyder Garage

That's it! How about in Jenkins?
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

That's it! How about in Jenkins?
    Sounds good. That's about a two hour ride one way. How about we meet for lunch?

Spyder Garage

OK, see you there tommorow.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

OK, see you there tommorow.
    Looks like I have at least two more riders going to make the trip. Any more?

Spyder Garage

Hey Mike,
    I looked at the map where you and Lamont are meeting for the banner exhange. Next weekend could you drop meet in Cinci or Dayton? or are you heading toward VT right away. If you are headed toward VT then as Jeuchler suggested, if you could get it to him, he can take it to Niagara Falls. From there, we will have Director take it through Toronto and London and then Brian and I could pick it up from him on our way back to MI. Once we get in Michigan we can take it to the west side of the state to Scotty for Photos and then take it south to some of our Ohio or Indiana riders for the next leg. Just keep me informed, I definitely want to be part of this banner run.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default the guy on the extreme

notice the tall good-looking guy on the extreme right , he is the best looking spyder rider in the spyder-lovers club he makes the whole pic worth it do you agree.................
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Default Banner headed for Saratoga Springs, NY

After I meet w/ Lamonster on Sat. I return to Lovely, KY for about 3 days, then go north to Saratoga Springs for the summer work season. I will be glad to meet up w/ Jeuchler somewhere and pass it along.

What say, jeuchler?
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Hey Mike,
    I looked at the map where you and Lamont are meeting for the banner exhange. Next weekend could you drop meet in Cinci or Dayton? or are you heading toward VT right away. If you are headed toward VT then as Jeuchler suggested, if you could get it to him, he can take it to Niagara Falls. From there, we will have Director take it through Toronto and London and then Brian and I could pick it up from him on our way back to MI. Once we get in Michigan we can take it to the west side of the state to Scotty for Photos and then take it south to some of our Ohio or Indiana riders for the next leg. Just keep me informed, I definitely want to be part of this banner run.
    Deb, it may be a problem for me to get the banner to Toronto and back to you that quickly. I need to go right back to London from Niagara Falls (opposite direction from Toronto) on Saturday, April 18. We can talk about it then, and look at some options.
    It occurs to me that there are some Toronto-area riders on this forum, so we may be able to hand it directly over to one of them, if any of them are planning to come to the Falls, or I could rendezvous with one of them in the Hamilton area, have them sign the banner there, then take it home and return it to you and Brian on the homeward leg of your trip.
    As the Beatles once sang, "We can work it out, we can work it out, my friend."

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Hey Mike,
    Once we get in Michigan we can take it to the west side of the state to Scotty for Photos and then take it south to some of our Ohio or Indiana riders for the next leg. Just keep me informed, I definitely want to be part of this banner run.
    If it should go to into Wisconsin/Minnesota or Indiana/Illinois keep us in mind over in Iowa....We could get it into Minnesota or Nebraska

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Default OH MY!

Quote Originally Posted by LDFIREWORKS View Post
    notice the tall good-looking guy on the extreme right , he is the best looking spyder rider in the spyder-lovers club he makes the whole pic worth it do you agree.................
    Righto - check out the chickie in the middle! Where were you on the 2nd Saturday ride? We had a great ride - did the loop had a wonderful lunch at Manny's.

Spyder Garage

Hey, Deb, when you leave Niagara, go up to the Thousand Islands, then 401 to Toronto, if you've got time, it's a great ryde. I 90 to I 81 to Alexandria Bay, cross the bridge and head west on 401.

john

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Mike- are you heading up 87 into Saratoga? I'll bet Roaddog or Smylinacha can get it up to Jeuchler after a swing through CT......

Or I can transport it on a Harley.....LOL
    That can definitly be done 203-218-2442