Spyder Garage

Cool Deadwood or Bust

Trailer Loaded, all packed, gassed up and Headed toward Deadwood SD for the 3 wheel rally sunday morning.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    Trailer Loaded, all packed, gassed up and Headed toward Deadwood SD for the 3 wheel rally sunday morning.
    Leaving Monday morning around 4:00am. Hope to see you out there.

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there. We are leaving on Tuesday morning and will be there for the get together on Wednesday evening. We are staying in Lead at the Black Stone (?)
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood or Bust

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there. We are leaving on Tuesday morning and will be there for the get together on Wednesday evening. We are staying in Lead at the Black Stone (?)
    We are tues night in spearfish and Wed thru Sun at the Deadwood hampton tin Lizzi resort, we decided to leave a day earlier than originally thought and couldn't get the extra night at the hampton since I made the reservation back in Nov. No biggie, it's all good. See Y'all there!
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm heading out this morning as soon as I'm dressed. Everything got loaded last night. See you there!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Be safe....

Should all be there or there soon...send a pic or two to the rest of us and enjoy the event...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

leaving tues about 0430,,,,,tripping the light fantastic. Hoping to see all 400 of my closest friends
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Cool Deadwood Here I come

Will be heading out tomorrow (Monday) and will return home on Monday the 18th. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

John
    -2013 RTS , Yellow

Spyder Garage

Going to be there 13th leave on 18th. Are you registering with the event or just going to do self rides.
    Tia kenn

Spyder Garage

Default We'll be there on Tuesday, leaving tomorrow

Hi all,

Good to see the updates by everyone. Teresa and I will be staying with family in Rapid City and will be attending many of the events at the rally....see you all there! Be safe!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood or Bust

Good part of the way, hit rain west of Missoula MT, all the way to whitehall, got to the motel, warmed up and ate, now about time for bed and hopefully better weather in the morning.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got got stck in standstill traffic on I-80 between Elm Creek & Lexington, Neb. Apparently there had been a really bad wreck and the had the interstate closed. So there was a big back-up and it took me 2 hours to go about 15 miles then follow the detour to get back onto I-80.

Being stopped per in traffic gave me a chance to get a pic of this monument of the embassy evacuation in Saigon. It's part of a military vehicle museum at Lexington.

image.jpg

That at scene is as iconic to me as the first walk on the moon
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I got got stck in standstill traffic on I-80 between Elm Creek & Lexington, Neb. Apparently there had been a really bad wreck and the had the interstate closed. So there was a big back-up and it took me 2 hours to go about 15 miles then follow the detour to get back onto I-80.

Being stopped per in traffic gave me a chance to get a pic of this monument of the embassy evacuation in Saigon. It's part of a military vehicle museum at Lexington.

image.jpg

That at scene is as iconic to me as the first walk on the moon
    Good thing you got stuck someplace with a view and not alongside one of the consolidated animal feeding operations. Stinky!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Good thing you got stuck someplace with a view and not alongside one of the consolidated animal feeding operations. Stinky!
    Ain't that the truth!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Our First Rally.

My wife & I will be going on Wed. This will be our first rally on our first Spyder. Wish i knew who's faces matched the typing. lol See ya there hope for good weather & cold beer

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood or Bust

Good part of the way, hit rain west of Missoula MT, all the way to whitehall, got to the motel, warmed up and ate, now about time for bed and hopefully better weather in the morning.
    So much for the better weather, we had rain when we left whitehall and it got worse as we went, pouring for quite some time, then west of livingston we hit sustained crosswind of 28mph with a lot of 40mph gusts, we had to hang on from getting blown of the spyder. The bike handled it better than we did, had no trouble with the federal evos on the front in the heavy rain nor the general altimax RT-43 on the rear, 75mph and no hydroplaning. We felt like we had been beaten up by the wind. The usa mini-trailer tracked true and straight, caused no issue with the wind. Tonight its dinner and a hot tub! Supposed to be dry and sunny for the last leg from Billings to Deadwood, see ya all tomorrow!
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have arrived in Deadwood all safe & mostly sound. I almost blew off the road coming north from Ogalalla, Neb. I don't know what the wind speeds were but they were more than I've ever ridden in. My helmet kept trying to lift off and for much of the time I used an underhanded grip on the left because I felt it would be a better way to stay on the bike. I was using the cruise control and once after a semi passed and the wind resumed, Nanny suddenly woke up & knocked the cruise control off. I guess the sudden push from the side woke her up.

I took a small detour at Alliance, Neb to see Carhenge:

image.jpg

Once in in the Black hills I rode past the Crazy Horse sculpture-in-progress. I was last here when I was in college. It hasn't progressed much.

image.jpg
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Well Kathy and I made it safe and sound to the First Gold Hotel. Sure was windy! Drove most of the way with the throttle pegged in order to try and keep up to the speed limit. We gave up at the Badlands and just drove 65 the rest of the way. We rode with five other Spyders and left the cities at 6:00am. Total time 13 hours and all Spyders ran well
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue