Thread: "" Help ""

Spyder Garage

Default "" Help ""

need help in pairing wired helmet to Garmin 590 for blue tooth use.
    Joseph

Spyder Garage

No pairing needed for a wired helmet. If the 590 is installed correctly it will work. Make sure the 590 volume is turned up.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    No pairing needed for a wired helmet. If the 590 is installed correctly it will work. Make sure the 590 volume is turned up.
    It was installed by dealer and recently rechecked by dealer and still having same problem, which is, I can hear caller but can only answer by using the PTT on the CB
    Joseph

Spyder Garage

Oh. You're talking about the phone pairing to the 590. I will have to leave that for the cb folks to answer.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRIPMAN View Post
    It was installed by dealer and recently rechecked by dealer and still having same problem, which is, I can hear caller but can only answer by using the PTT on the CB
    Joseph
    Do you have the cell phone interface kit installed? http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/..._Interface_Kit. I presume you do from what you are saying. I believe it's working the way it's supposed to work. I think what you are wanting is to just speak (like for intercom) and have it go over the phone. I believe what the cell phone interface does is captures the audio signal that returns to the headset speakers and splits it off to go to the GPS mic in. Since the GPS audio out is top priority and can't be turned off you can hear the caller since it comes into the radio via the GPS audio even when the radio, iPod, CB, and intercom are off.

I'm guessing you have the CB turned on. Do you have the intercom (VOX) turned on? If not, then that is why you probably only can answer with the PTT. Does the PTT work to answer with the CB turned off? Right now, without having a cell phone interface myself, I'm guessing either, or both, the intercom and the CB have to be turned on in order to answer the cell call.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    There is the always, did they install the interface cable backwards possibilty which activates the GPS device mic instead of the headset mic. I will tell how to check that as well.
    I just looked at the cables on the remains of my junk CB. It's really not a case of installing the cable backwards, since the connectors are male and female, but rather connecting it into the wrong harness. Forward or backward, if it's in the wrong harness it ain't gonna work!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

WOW! That is one purty bike.
    [SIGPIC]