Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I've used basecamp many times before! I've learned some things I didn't know from this. Thanks.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

I have watched many videos on how to route on basecamp and most are hard to follow. I found this guy Jim Emmons is easy to understand for me. I guess its because we are both from Texas. I subscribed to his channel, he does not have many videos but the ones on basecamp are pretty good.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I have watched many videos on how to route on basecamp and most are hard to follow. I found this guy Jim Emmons is easy to understand for me. I guess its because we are both from Texas. I subscribed to his channel, he does not have many videos but the ones on basecamp are pretty good.
    I'll check this out. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Me also........

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    First let me say that I hate clicking on links, I'd rather just see the information posted so I haven't clicked your link. What is the mystery in planning routes? I don't understand, I use Google Maps and don't have any issues and on my phone I use the IPhone Maps app. What does this program do that others don't?
    I also use Google Maps on my cell phone and have it blue toothed to my Sena head set to hear the directions. Super simple and works very well. The only downside I've found is Google Maps running constantly sucks the life out of the phone's battery, so I just hook up to 12v to keep it running. I don't always use the app because I generally know where I'm going. Mainly use it in congested areas with heavy traffic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I've tried to use BaseCamp. However it only installs to the C drive. I've tried numerous ways to install it to other of my LARGER drives to no avail.
    No help from Garmin support. I've used Garmin's devices since the first Street Pilot and would love to utilize BaseCamp. It seems like more and more some software
    developers are of the opinion 'use it the way we wrote it and be happy with all the new bells and whistles or forget about it'.
    I've given up and use my GPS as a moving map only. Google Maps to start then folded real paper maps and using your 'biological memory storage unit' is a lot more fun.
    And you don't have to save, press a button, drag a waypoint or hear 'Recalculating" if you want to change where you are headed.

end of rant
    I had problems with mine also ,and garmin suport found mine was loaded to C drive .They sent me instructions on how to get it on F drive ,now i get my maps as they should be .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

I have found the Garmin technical support folks very helpful when I've run into BaseCamp problems that stump me or appear not to do what I want them to do.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Is this link only for Windows?

I've tried to access it in five different browsers on my iMac and each of them give me a "File Not Found" page.

ken tompkins

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post
    Is this link only for Windows?

I've tried to access it in five different browsers on my iMac and each of them give me a "File Not Found" page.

ken tompkins
    My son gave up on BaseCamp on his Mac but was not for failure to find the program. I've seen the Mace version once and it looked substantially different from my Windows version. Suggest you call Garmin and ask for help; that's what they pay the tech for.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I clicked on the link and it said file not found?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

that post is from 2016 If you want good information on using basecamp this is a good set of lesson http://www.poi-factory.com/node/41134

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze