Thread: Riding Boots

Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Riding Boots

As I slowly get more gear to hopefully make riding the spyder an all year occurrence. One thing I realize I kind of need for rainy weather, and potentially cold weather, is Riding boots. It's more of a wet weather thing for when I'd take a decent trip or might be caught in the rain (as has happened more in the last year then I'd like to admit.) So I wanted your opinions on riding boots. Also, my wife said something about slip on rain covers which seem to be a cheaper route but have no idea what they are and if they're worth the money. Would love some feedback.

Spyder Garage

Default Cruiserworks

I have had the same pair of boots from Cruiserworks for at least 13 years now. They are still totally waterproof and extremely comfortable. The down side, they are crazy expensive. My riding buddy has a pair and the sole started to separate after 6 years. The repaired them free of charge and paid shipping. I love mine and after swallowing hard, would buy them again.
    Lucky

2015 RTS SE6
    2008 Harley Ultra
    1999 BMW R1200C
    1986 Harley Electraglide

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Riding boots

Well, I don't wear riding boots. I have a pair if I need them, but....... During the summer months, I usually wear my sandals ( I know, not very bright ) and in the winter I wear my oxfords. As you probably guessed, we don't get much snow here. I went on a 10 day trip the last week of May, and had quite a bit of rain, but the RT has good protection, and I didn't even break out the rain gear. Just my $0.02 worth WTFDIK!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Bates
    Just bought a pair love them

They've made footwear for years

Spyder Garage

Default Always

Unless I plan on a short Ryde and a very long walk ... I always wear motorcycle boots in all weather . It helps to spend money for good quality gear obviously for protection and comfort but I also like the feel for braking and gear changing ( for the manual like my GS) The IICON's I have now are good for the reasons I mention plus they are not too hot on the feet in hot summer weather .

Spyder Garage

Wolverine Durashock. Great boot. Waterproof,comfortable. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I'm most comfortable in a good pair of hiking boots. All sorts of options there. Mine are Caterpillar "Generator" models. Not water-tight but you can find water-proofed boots..

Spyder Garage

Just priced some Icon ones.. Look like regular tims but has all the features... 140.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really like my BRP RT Touring boots.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Riding boots

I have a pair of Itasca Waterproof Hiking boots, and they have worked well in torrential rain. Bought at Big 5 sporting goods for $39.95
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

I have a rubber boot with high leggens I slip on over tennis shoes or my riding boot if on a long ride. Bought from cycle gear and take upvery little space in side saddle with other rain gear that is light wait Frog wear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are many different waterproof riding boots just be sure that what you get won't make your feet sweat so bad when it is dry that you never want to wear them. Look for something made with Gortex. TCX makes a great boot and they are now available at Cycle Gear. I'm all about not needing to change just because it is going to rain. That is why I wear a textile jacket and pants and Gortex boots, the most I need to do if it rains is put the hood up on my jacket or maybe change gloves.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Gore-Tex is the only way to go. I got a pair of Alpinestars Gore-Tex boots about 5 years ago. I ride year round and never have cold or wet feet. They don't get to hot because the Gore-Tex breathes. I like them so much, I have a backup pair still sitting in the box because my tread is almost gone.

If you want to go with water proof covers, I suggest these: https://www.powersportsplace.com/par...FRNahgodoDUNYQ

Spyder Garage

Try "GATORS". Used them on an Ironbutt run when I had my Roadglide. Worked great and not expensive...

Spyder Garage

SIDI has always been good for me I have three pair. Winter, Summer and offload. Summer are not water proof because of perforated leather.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Alpinestars for me . Fit like a glove straight out of the box and easy for walking in.

Winter pair -- 12" high, gortex lined, waterproof.
    Summer pair -- 7" high ventilated shortie.

Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, all of these are awesome suggestions. Looks like I have a little research to do myself now before I end up buying a pair.

Spyder Garage

Another vote here for SIDI. Cost was around $300. Have had the same pair now for over 10 years. They have the waterproof liner and they work on those rainy days. Rode over 4 hours in a down pour. Feet remained nice and dry.

Other days, my usual are a pair of engineer/harness boots. Had these for over 20 years. Paid $89 for them. They are so nicely broke in, I can put them on with one finger through one of the pull on loops. These were re-soled once at a cost of $50.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    I have had the same pair of boots from Cruiserworks for at least 13 years now. They are still totally waterproof and extremely comfortable. The down side, they are crazy expensive. My riding buddy has a pair and the sole started to separate after 6 years. The repaired them free of charge and paid shipping. I love mine and after swallowing hard, would buy them again.
    +1 for Cruiserworks
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Of course, since I carry the Firstgear line of motorcycle gear I mostly wear their stuff. Not only because I get a good deal on it. But because I really like the Firstgear products. If something doesn't work for you, it really doesn't matter how good the price is.

My Firstgear boots have done a great job for me. What I like about these boots is that they are as comfortable walking around as they are riding. A lot of boots are great for riding, but if you walk around much they kill your feet. I like to ride to places and then walk around so this is a big plus for me.

There are a number of great boots out there. Just thought I'd throw these into the mix.

If you are looking for a Firstgear product let me know. I can usually get you a great price on it. You can get more information and customer reviews on these boots here. http://www.revzilla.com/firstgear-bo...FUg8gQodt4kN4w

.............Kathmandu Lo Boots............................... Kili Lo Boots........................................... Mesh Hi Boots................................ Mesh Lo Boots

Waterproof - Windproof - Breathable........... Waterproof - Windproof - Breathable........ High Ventilation - Best for Hot Weather ....High Ventilation - Best for Hot Weather
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    There are many different waterproof riding boots just be sure that what you get won't make your feet sweat so bad when it is dry that you never want to wear them. Look for something made with Gortex. TCX makes a great boot and they are now available at Cycle Gear. I'm all about not needing to change just because it is going to rain. That is why I wear a textile jacket and pants and Gortex boots, the most I need to do if it rains is put the hood up on my jacket or maybe change gloves.

+1 on TCX. I own several boots from them
    2015 F3S SE6
    You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding

2015 F3s , Orange/black

Spyder Garage

ATGATT

All
    The
    Gear
    All
    The
    Time

There is so much brilliant riding gear available on the market now-a-days, there is no real excuse for having proper riding gear.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Some of us have a hard time finding riding boots due to the fact the shoe size is not large enough.

I need a size 14W.

Very few companies make shoes to fit big feet.

2015 Red Pearl RT-S
    EXO2 heated Vest/Gloves
    BAJARONS sway bar
    TricLEDS side markers
    Xenon Depot LED Head & Fog Lights\
    Missing Belt Guard
    Bump Skid
    M2 Shocks front/rear
    Russel Day Long heated seat