Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Clubs in SE Michigan?

Do we have a Spyder Club in Metro Detroit, SE Michigan area? Also do we have any riders or events in this area, where riders get together for rides, lunch, etc? Any interest?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I haven't heard of any and I watch Michigan pretty close. Back in 2010-11 many rides were organized across the state but a few members that would plan these left. We had some pretty good times. I am horrible at planning these things but I wish someone would. I'm on the west side of the state but travel to Canton to see my wife's family.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Im in algonac and work in warren. A buddy at work has a spyder too.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    Do we have a Spyder Club in Metro Detroit, SE Michigan area? Also do we have any riders or events in this area, where riders get together for rides, lunch, etc? Any interest?
    It would be nice to get the Michigan group back together. My wife and I are from the Fenton area. Maybe if someone in SE Michigan hosting a barbecue that might get us together as a group. I know that's how Joe in Arkansas got his group together by hosting a barbecue. Just a thought.

ToM
    Enjoy the Ride
    Life is Good
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    It would be nice to get the Michigan group back together. My wife and I are from the Fenton area. Maybe if someone in SE Michigan hosting a barbecue that might get us together as a group. I know that's how Joe in Arkansas got his group together by hosting a barbecue. Just a thought.

ToM
    Enjoy the Ride
    Life is Good
    Talked with my wife, and we may possibly be willing to put something together (she said as long as she don't have to cook). We could maybe do it at a Metro Park, or local park, seeing that you have to pay to get in the
    Metro Parks. I don't know if we could just get something catered, or if there weren't that many, just cook some hot dogs and hamburgers, and do it here at the house. Also need to schedule some rides, and get something
    together for this part of the state. My problem is that when setting something up (like my recumbent bicycle rides) usually 3/4 of the people can't do the dates that are set up. Let me look at my schedule. I am retired, so usually anytime is good, but is the end of July sometime sound good to most of you? I know at this point I have grandson visiting 7/9 for a week, and bicycle ride in Toronto 8/6 for three days.

By the way, I believe there is a Spyder ride in SE Ohio in mid August if anyone is interested. That is where I grew up, so may be doing that, if anyone is interested. I will look up the dates, and post them back on here.

Just like my recumbent bike riding, it is always more fun when you ride with others as a group, than by yourself. Hope we can get something setup for this side of state.

AND I WANT ONE OF THOSE SHIRTS!!!

Spyder Garage

My wife (Deb) and I are new to Spyders this year. We are in Paw Paw on the SW side of state. We too would like to join up with a group within a hundred miles of here. We are exit 60 on I94. We work weekend now but will be retiring within 2-3 years and would like to make new friends that like to ride and possibly motocamp.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A motorcycle club that I'm a member of "Great Lakes Road Riders" is having our July meeting on Sunday July 24th at the Artesian Well in Cement City at 12 noon. I normally get an RSVP link. Many of our members are on the Gold Rush Ride to Colorado right now so I think that why the link is late. As soon as I get the link I will post it here if anyone wants to join us. I believe we have 4 Spyders with in the group. We need more Spyders!🙃

ToM
    Enjoy the Ride
    Life is Good
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

I'm interested too. I am here in Redford, MI. Pretty open to anything in the area.
    Andy S. a.k.a. SpyderRT

2014 Black RT-S with SE6, Tri-Axis handlebars, Rear Trunk liner and shelf, Travel Cover, Heated Comfort seat, Driver Backrest, Akrapovic Silencer, 25 inch Adjustable Vent windshield, Adjustable Side Wind deflectors. BajaRon Swaybar and links. KOTT grills.