Spyder Garage

Default 7 Years - to find out I got Cheated

Been a LONG time since I've posted on this forum - even so i appreciate it A LOT!

But - to my point at hand
    7 year ago - I bought my 2009 Phantom Black GS - with all the trimmings - even added a Hindle.
    Love it - have had very few issues with it over the 32k miles i now have on it!

But today, I'm upset...a headlight burned out on it today...a HALOGEN headlight as i found out when i removed it...
    The dealer never put the HID's in...and I'm just beyond livid right now - being 7 years later I imagine they will tell me to just pound sand but once I talk to them tomorrow i'll have a better idea on if I will be letting other people know not to go there.

Anyone else ever have issues like this??

Spyder Garage

Default If the

sales receipt says HID's it shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. Good Luck!

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

I think the only crime with no statute of limitations is murder..(don't do it) But if he is a good dealer and any of the people involved are still about he should make it right...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did they even have HID's back then. And I am shocked that you could not tell that you "didnt" have them. It is such a big difference in lighting.

Spyder Garage

I believe they were offered after the 2009 model year started, and the BRP price was quite high. A previous site sponsor (Magic Man) came up with a HID kit for under $300, which I had installed.

Maybe the dealer let the spyder go thinking they'd install the HID's once they arrived. Like someone said, if you have the original paperwork, a good dealer will do something for you.

Spyder Garage

sadly - it's been so long I don't think i have the original paper work anymore - or at least I'm un-able to find it

Just unsure if the HID's were standard to the Phantoms or not - if not, then I'm in the wrong, but I swore they were part of the package.

Spyder Garage

BRP has not included HID lamps as a factory installed item on ANY spyder sold in the us. Only as an accessory after sale or dealer installed item.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

They were an extra option and not standard on any model that I know.

I paid around $1,500 for HID lamps in my 2008. Remember commenting to myself--that $750 per bulb. They were bright and boy did I notice the difference. One guy almost ran me off the road because they were to bright.

Will be interesting if the dealer makes good on this one. I don't see anything happening this far down the road.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSage View Post
    sadly - it's been so long I don't think i have the original paper work anymore - or at least I'm un-able to find it

Just unsure if the HID's were standard to the Phantoms or not - if not, then I'm in the wrong, but I swore they were part of the package.
    I don't think you would be wondering if you had paid for them. They were EXTREMELY (ridiculously) expensive. They were definitely optional. It may have been flimm-flamm sales pitch that you remember.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I don't think you would be wondering if you had paid for them. They were EXTREMELY (ridiculously) expensive. They were definitely optional. It may have been flimm-flamm sales pitch that you remember.
    Excitement of your new toy is ez to get bum fuzzled few people have reported forgetting spare keys & gps units. Just getting out the door to go enjoy their new ride. It happens, have you kept regular with that dealer for service & parts? (Loyal customer?) May have influence on someone there

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack