Spyder Garage

Default Help with Zumo 595

I just had a dealer install a Zumo 595 on my F3-S. I have to manually turn it on. Is it supposed to turn on automatically when I turn the ignition on? Also does anyone use this device with an iphone? If so, should I be able to see the playlist or song playing when using the media player app? I called Garmin support twice and they were nearly useless.

Spyder Garage

I assume the Garmin Zumo 595 is like all other Garmin vehicle gps's. They will turn on automatically when they get power from the vehicle. They will shut down when power from the vehicle stops.

You say you have to manually turn the gps on. Do you have to manually turn it off too? If so your dealer did not connect to a switched power source.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default unswitched power source

Thanks for the response. The dealer hooked it up to an unswitched power source. It turned on by itself when I put the zumo back in the cradle and it showed charging status. Do you think this will drain the battery when not in use, being that the cradle is always hot? I guess I can have a switch installed somewhere.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikearmentano View Post
    Thanks for the response. The dealer hooked it up to an unswitched power source. It turned on by itself when I put the zumo back in the cradle and it showed charging status. Do you think this will drain the battery when not in use, being that the cradle is always hot? I guess I can have a switch installed somewhere.
    I would think if you took it back to the dealer, they would correct their mistake.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

If I remember right someone mentioned that the F3 has several accessories power points available and they are switched. Why did your dealer not connect your gps to one of them?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

According to the dealer and also the Garman rep I spoke to, Garmin instructions state to connect the harness directly to the battery. The dealer will correct the issue and connect it so that it powers up when I turn the ignition key. Thanks for the replies everyone