Spyder Garage

Default 2014 ST LIMITED-1150 MILES AND HAVE ADDED COOLANT TWICE?

TOOK IT RECENTLY FOR IT'S 600 MILE FIRST MAINTENANCE. THEN I NOTICED THE YELLOW BARS ON THE TACK. REALLY HADN'T NOTICED BEFORE. SO I ADDED SOME, ROAD ABOUT AN HOUR ONE DAY. COUPLE DAYS LATER I RODE ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF, DOWN IN THE YELLOW AGAIN. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

Spyder Garage

A bit more information please.

If you are encountering yellow bars--that usually has to do with the temperature of the engine. Four to five bars are "normal." The other side should show blue bars, the amount of gas in the tank.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had a similar problem with my 2014 ST-S only after about a week of buying it. The dealer ended up replacing my thermostat and I haven't had the problem since.

Spyder Garage

It's tough to figure out your post really. There is no gauge for telling you how much coolant there is in the tank. The yellow bars on the instruments are just telling you the engine coolant temperature. If you're topping up the coolant to the top of the tank every time then it's just pushing it out the overflow. There are lines on the tank showing the proper level, when the engine is cold it should be at the Min line, if it's hot it should be at the Max line.
    Wife has a 2014 ST-L
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Spyder Garage

are you certain that after you replaced the coolant the cap was screwed on to the second detent position?

EDIT:
    upon re-reading the OP, it does seem that there is a problem with interpreting the display.
    Last edited by spyderCodes; 06-21-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Platium Queen View Post
    TOOK IT RECENTLY FOR IT'S 600 MILE FIRST MAINTENANCE. THEN I NOTICED THE YELLOW BARS ON THE TACK. REALLY HADN'T NOTICED BEFORE. SO I ADDED SOME, ROAD ABOUT AN HOUR ONE DAY. COUPLE DAYS LATER I RODE ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF, DOWN IN THE YELLOW AGAIN. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM?
    Thanks for answering my question, yes I was referring to the temp. for cooling engine. I did put the cap back on hopefully right. The book doesn't tell you where your coolant bars should be.