Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Phone mount for ST?

Hey all,

New to the forums here, been riding spyders for a while though. Love my RS-S.

Anyways, my dad's got an ST and I wanted to get him a phone mount for father's day, however I cannot find anything made specifically for the ST model - only the RT's. I was looking at this mount: https://www.amazon.com/Techmount-4-8...er+phone+mount

Does anyone here own an ST and have a phone mount setup for theirs? If I can't find a pre-built one i'll probably just end up 3D modeling/printing my own adapter for the mount specifically for the ST bolt spacing, but i'd rather not have to spend the time doing it if there's something out there that isn't over like $60.

Additionally, if anyone here owns an RT and wouldn't mind shooting me over the measurements for the distance between the bottom two bolts on their steering/handle bar attachment, that'd be awesome.

Spyder Garage

Welcome.

This works on the RT and ST and provides power for charging.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...t-with-x-grip/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+1 on the Ram X grip and compatible socket arm. http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-UN7BU
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a factory installed Garmin GPS on my St-LTD. where would I install the ram mount on my handlebar and which model of the RAM mount would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default I have this on my ST-S

The part number for the Yoke Clamp, now a handlebar clamp for the Spyder ST is RAM-B-108B or RAM-B-108B-STRAP40U, depending on how the website chooses to identify the part. A (somewhat out of focus) picture (from the rear) of one of these clamps mounted on my 2013 Spyder ST is included below:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hestonkent View Post
    Hey all,

Anyways, my dad's got an ST and I wanted to get him a phone mount for father's day, however I cannot find anything made specifically for the ST model - only the RT's. I was looking at this mount: https://www.amazon.com/Techmount-4-8...er+phone+mount

Does anyone here own an ST and have a phone mount setup for theirs? If I can't find a pre-built one i'll probably just end up 3D modeling/printing my own adapter for the mount specifically for the ST bolt spacing, but i'd rather not have to spend the time doing it if there's something out there that isn't over like $60.

Additionally, if anyone here owns an RT and wouldn't mind shooting me over the measurements for the distance between the bottom two bolts on their steering/handle bar attachment, that'd be awesome.
    I was looking at that same one lol I just got my can am this pass weekend a 2014 sts and i can't find anything for this bike

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDnAZ View Post
    The part number for the Yoke Clamp, now a handlebar clamp for the Spyder ST is RAM-B-108B or RAM-B-108B-STRAP40U, depending on how the website chooses to identify the part. A (somewhat out of focus) picture (from the rear) of one of these clamps mounted on my 2013 Spyder ST is included below:
    Ok. Thank you. I'll look into this one.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I used my old mount from my 2013 RT-S and put on my son RS with no problem

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got a Rivco drink holder mount (no cup holder) and with some RAM parts and RAM X-grip. Mounting phone or GPS works great.

Susie - 2013 Spyder ST-Ltd
    Flame Red '04 GL1800
    '97 GL1500
    '95 GL1500
    '89 GL1500
    '83 GL1100
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Evgarriga. View Post

I ended up buying this RAM mount and it worked great!

Spyder Garage

Here is a thread on how I did it adding the ball mount to my Butler Drink holder. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...r-Drink-Holder
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Evgarriga. View Post

I just installed this one on my wife's STL.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    I just installed this one on my wife's STL.
    Actually that is the one I ended up installing.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GPS Mount...

Hey all,

I'm very happy with this one on my RSS... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ... I had to go with a longer clamp screw, but I like the fact that the tether doesn't block the screen and it is rock solid... David

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Anything you buy from Lamonster is worth every penny and comes highly recommended. I didn't know about their mount when I bought mine so I pieced mine together from value accessories (sponsored link)

Spyder Garage

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/handlebar-2/

Spyder Garage

That where they have the st phone mount

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't trust any magnetic holder with my $$$ phone.

I use RAM mounts.

This might work on the handlebar.
    https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rmi...WMgRoCdkbw_wcB

I use a Ram adhesive base with 1" ball along with short arm and X-grip. I have it stuck to the inside of the windshield and with some furniture felt padding, the arm and x-grip rest on the dash so it doesn't bounce around. Two safety straps from each windshield brackets to the base of the x-grip just in case something gets loose.

Susie - 2013 Spyder ST-Ltd
    Flame Red '04 GL1800
    '97 GL1500
    '95 GL1500
    '89 GL1500
    '83 GL1100
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Hey all,

Go to Leader motorcycle.com
    This is where I got mine for my RT.
    They have them for all models. Quality products made I USA.
    Hope this is helpful.

Spyder Garage

Angry phone mount

My wife has a 2014 st-s, she had the clamp mount for about 2 years and it worked great. Then one day last month the mode button would not work, So could not started. Sdyder had to be towed to dealer and they found the clamp had pinched the wires in handle bar. Long story short, the whole mode assembly had to be replaced at a cost of 800 dollars. I found a great web site with all kinds of ram mounts { Providence spyder.com } . So all of you using the camp mount check make sure wires are not being pinched. Wires are very thin.

Spyder Garage

Default LAMONSTER GARAGE has you covered

This is the new Spyder Cuff, water bottle holder, phone holder, power port for the ST.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...-x-grip-combo/

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...-x-grip-combo/

depending on your phone size. T.P.

Spyder Garage

This was on mine. I modified it to work with my standard Garmin mount.

Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for validating this solution for me.

I get around. . .Ironbutnik